first trip after long hiatus

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by radiometer, Apr 1, 2007.

1. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For some reason my had a lot of anxiety about tripping for the last year or so. He's taken no psychedelics in all that time.

He just ingested 40mg 2C-D and is hoping for the best! Please wish him luck! :)

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Good things come to those who wait....

Hopefully thats true. Good luck with swiy's trip, if anything the long wait should make it that much more special.

3. MadShroomer

MadShroomer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM's experience with 2c-d is that it is more of a 'smart' drug and has actually been tested for its effects on increased learning, i.e. people given 2c-d while studying retained more knowledge than those not given.

SWIM's personal feeling is its a very very 'mild' psychadelic and might not be as insightful but if you wanna learn something :)(<

4. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Maybe so, but 40mg is much more psychedelic than productivity-enhancing effectswise. Add in some cannabis and even more so.

5. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Fantastic experience. WTF was he afraid of? Someday SWIM'll have to take this one up to 80-100mg. He actually forgot to ever think about cannabis all night.

Just what doses of 2C-D has You taken? I had one of his most profound lifetime experiences on 26mg of 2C-D. 10mg was definitely not a "smart-drug," I think that old paper on Erowid is a crock o' turds.

6. MadShroomer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM's dose of 20mg was mildly psychadelic but when 10 or 5mg were taking First Person Shooters and other video games became easier to 'pwn' people (for those of us that's leet talk for own). But 2c-e is much more AMAZING and ground breaking at the 20mg-25mg dosage in SWIM's humble opinion.:D
    (I am on 16 Triamedic (instand tounge dissolve strips of 5.5mg pure dextrothorphan freebase it is amazing ) (<

7. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would think it would be obvious from the initial post that this was intended to be a not-so intense "re-introductory" dose, taken with a bit of anxiety. If I had wanted to take 2C-E, he would've. :)

summary of My experience with 2C-D thus far:

10mg: Could definitely feel something. Just on the edge of a threshold dose. Walked to park and noticed some subtle visual effects - his normal "floaters" multiplied into a flock of distant flies for a few minutes when laying down looking into the sky. Mindstate felt normal, cheery. Reading comprehension was somewhat strained, burger was tasty.

26mg: Much stronger than expected, was figuring on a threshold dose. Very nice time overall, with a stroke-of-luck period of intense self-realization and self-acceptance. Plenty of interesting OEVs and some mild CEVs. Rated as one of SWIM's best-ever individual trips due to the valuable unexpected insight.

SWIM and spouse together:

26mg taken after coming down from MDMA: Fell into a bizarre lucid dreaming state. Lots of imagery and interior wordplay, but none of it made any sense. Spouse just plain fell asleep.

40mg, twice now: Both times about the same. Similar to 26mg but with a bit more intensity. Was expecting a bit more the first time at this dosage. No particular amazing moments but some very helpful flashes of insight, very strong OEVs, easy control of mindstate, and good (but unfinished) sex.

The material for them seems predictably good for "recreational" use, and definitely hints at treasures to be found at higher doses. The lack of much change between 26mg and 40mg leaves them wondering how much higher - most likely 55mg - 60mg will be next. I am possessively watching his one gram shrink and praying some vendor offers this fantastic material again.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  8. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    one of the best 2Cs in someone's NSHO, although the nootropic qualities are evidenced at much lower doses, 1-2mg - boosted over time as required.

wasn't it H.Leuner who was taking 2C-D into the 100s of mgs in his experiments? the short duration and clarity are of real bonus as well.

9. MadShroomer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    perhaps a combination of Adderall 10mg XR with 10mg 2C-D would be a better 'learning tool'? I would like to try this but alas, I have no 2c-d :( that makes me a "SAD PANDA" :(

10. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^^ See thats part of the problem with determining nootropic level doses I feel.

In Pihkal the 'smart pill' designator came from a 10mg experience, yet Nano and some other experienced fellas say only a few mgs, really low doses, are best for nootropic purposes.

Especially with the potential synergy from the adderall, if someone were to try that combo it would probably be best for them to start at extremely low doses and then move up in the lowest amounts possible so they don't start tripping when they are looking for enhanced cognition.

11. Expat98

Expat98 Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I found 10mg to be way too high for nootropic purposes. Here is part of what SWIM wrote in his trip log:

I will try it at the 1-2mg level some day.