Fixing broken pieces

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by CelineDIonsMuff, Feb 22, 2006.

1. CelineDIonsMuff

CelineDIonsMuff Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is it possible to fix a broken piece if its a clean break? I've been told I will need to see a glass blower to get it done. Is there any home remedies to fixing it?

2. CelineDIonsMuff

CelineDIonsMuff Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sorry to double post, but I was just told I could use glass glue, but to make sure it doesn't fume and close my lungs shut.

3. kemistudent

kemistudent Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    At first I thought you were asking if you could fix broken stalks! And my answer is yes, just grab some duct tape and tape it up good and your reachin for the light! =D

They DO sell glass glue and the hardware store. You will need a little bit of acetone or just take your moms nail polish remover and apply it to the glass prior to using the glue. (it's all in the instructions) I have broken many pieces and it feels like part of my heart dies every time I do it.. especially the real expensive ones.. they are always they most painful to go, and not because of the price, but the quality and design..

Cheer it up, there will plenty of other pieces to fall in love with! :)

4. catchingsignals

catchingsignals Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    SWIM owns a pretty kickass Sherlock-style pipe, named Havier Rodriguez Rodriguez, and it unfortunately met an untimely death...or so I thought.

Turns out, SWIM's local pipe store told him to clean the break with rubbing alcohol. Allowing the alcohol to completely dry, very carefully superglue the neccessary parts using a q-tip as an applicator. Once SWIM glued the pipe back together, he added constant pressure from opposite sides to seal the break/insure a strong glue bond. Allow to the pipe to chill for a while and you're then good to go.

Javier lasted for about two months after the gluing procedure. SWIM fell asleep one night, with Javier at his side, and upon waking up the pipe was broken along the same lines as he initially was. I tried to alcohol cleanse/re-glue, but the pipe wouldn't have any of it.

Genenerally, you want to be careful gluing the pipe back together if the break is near the bowl...unless of course inhaling superglue fumes is your bag.

5. blockhead

blockhead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM chipped the hole in his bowl the smoke initially goes through and fixed it with resin. SWIM scraped out his resin, rolled 8t into a ball, and after smoking the majority of it, pushed it into the bowl. SWIM then got a paper clip and poked an airhole in the new bottom of the bowl.