Drug info - Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine)

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by Colby, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Colby

Colby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jatelka EDIT Thhe earlier posts in this thread are from before the "No Self Incrimination" thing came into play

Just wondering what would you all rate Flexeril. My buddy has quite a few and says they are a lot like somas. I have taken somas before and gotten straight shit faced, are these things any good compared to somas?

Also, how many would I need to take to be on a good level? I have heard they are not as strong as somas, but are still good.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  2. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I like em, they are weaker than soma's tho. It all depends on your tolerance. Try one and go from there.</font>

3. xMeTaL HeAdx

xMeTaL HeAdx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    10 mg's to start out. I like em a lot, on a scale of 1-10 id give em a 7 or 8

4. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    cyclobenzaprine

hey, i was on darvocet for an neck injury for a week or so but i asked my doctor for something a lil less strong cuz i was noticing i was having too much fun with them, then they started not doing much for me at all and i was popping them like crazy,and when i wasnt on them i felt like shit (pain and depression for some reason). i asked for some muscle relaxers that i could take in the morning and at nights cuz thats when my neck pain was the worse. he gave me these cyclobenzaprine muscle relaxers and i took one last night and noticed they made me very drowsy, pretty sedated... i was wondering anyone had any info on these pills, im not even sure what classification they fall under so im sorry if this is the wrong forum. also just wondering if i can have some fun with them in any way, theyre 10mg tablets, kinda small... any replies are really appreciated...

5. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Flexeril

Category
    Skeletal muscle relaxant

Description
    Cyclobenzaprine (sye-kloe-BEN-za-preen) is used to help relax certain muscles in your body. It helps relieve the pain, stiffness, and discomfort caused by strains, sprains, or injuries to your muscles. However, this medicine does not take the place of rest, exercise or physical therapy, or other treatment that your doctor may recommend for your medical problem. Cyclobenzaprine acts on the central nervous system (CNS) to produce its muscle relaxant effects. Its actions on the CNS may also cause some of this medicine's side effects

6. Benzhead

Benzhead Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, it's not a benzo..it doesn't have the typical diazepine + benzene ring common to all benzos.

However, Cyclobenzaprine ismore chemically akin to common tricylic anti-depressants(Imipramine, Amitriptyline, etc.) with a novel analgesic effect.

There arevery fewexperience reports at Erowid.org

As far as 'having fun with them' is concerned, check out Erowid and please watch your dosing(s). Nosense becoming a statistic when all you had in mind was a little pleasure.

(OD info. is available at RxList.com and many other pharm sites)

7. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey thanks for the quick replies! sorry, i usualy always refer to erowid but for some reason i keep forgetting about those drop down bars (pharmacueticals being one)... thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

As for the "having fun" part, im definantly gonna stay away from taking more than the recommended does since i went through some hell finding out what can go wrong with that while on the darvocets (i really lost it, they made me feel soo good but when i wasnt on them i felt very low and so i didnt want to refill my script for fear things would only get worse).

I'll probably just end up throwing back a few shots along withmy nightlypill to see if theres any kinda comfy mix i could fall back on during the rough nights of my drug court program... thanks again!

8. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I dont like flexeril too much. It's too week for me. I tried using it for meth withdrawls, and it was okay for that. It made me relax a little, and with some pot, I was able to go to sleep. But over all, they're too weak and unsatisfying for my taste.

9. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nice for a night of relaxation, or to hold me over from another drug craving.

10. Zandorf

Zandorf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril)

SWIM's roomate was prescribed ten 10mg flexeril for his lower back problem last december.

SWIM and his roomate each insufflated one pill, no special
    modifications to the dorm room environment were made. it was maybe 5pm.

Within 20 minutes a drowsy haze settled over each of them. SWIM began
    to nod in and out of consciousness, he would intend to do
    something(such as pick up the remote and change the channel), nod out,
    dream that he'd done it and wake up in utter confusion.

At approximately 8pm some friends called the room, SWIM's roomate
    answered groggily and promtly handed the phone to SWIM, who also talked
    in a detached manner. The caller must have thought he was calling an
    opium den.

Soon after both drifted off to sleep, SWIM awoke feeling unrefreshed and was tired throughout most of the following day.

11. Interzone

Interzone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Flexeril, or it's generic name Cyclobenzaprine HCL is not as good as SOMA in my opinion. SOMA has a more mellow, happy type of relaxation to it, while Flexeril, to the intolerant user is extremely hard-hitting in that it knocks you on your ass and puts you into a shitty sleep. If you are used to muscle relaxers however it usually does nothing, and has to be taken at least 2-3 days in a row, 3-4 times a day to get a cumulative effect much like SSRI's. I would stick to the best: SOMA, or it's generic: Carisoprodol.

12. magicmaster141

magicmaster141 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What is it? Is that a muscle relaxer? I know I've heard of it before, might be the same thing I took a few times but I don't remember. If it is what I took I wouldn't try getting high off it I didn't enjoy it, but I'm not sure if it is. Sorry I can't be of more help

13. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SIDE EFFECTS
    Incidence of most common adverse reactions in the 2 double-blind‡, placebo-controlled 5 mg studies (incidence of &gt; 3% on FLEXERIL 5 mg):

FLEXERIL 5 mg N=464
    FLEXERIL 10 mg N=249
    Placebo N=469

Drowsiness
    29%
    38%
    10%

Dry Mouth
    21%
    32%
    7%

Fatigue
    6%
    6%
    3%

Headache
    5%
    5%
    8%

Adverse reactions which were reported in 1% to 3% of the patients were: abdominal pain, acid regurgitation, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, irritability, mental acuity decreased, nervousness, upper respiratory infection, and pharyngitis.

The following list of adverse reactions is based on the experience in 473 patients treated with FLEXERIL 10 mg in additional controlled clinical studies, 7607 patients in the post-marketing surveillance program, and reports received since the drug was marketed. The overall incidence of adverse reactions among patients in the surveillance program was less than the incidence in the controlled clinical studies.

The adverse reactions reported most frequently with FLEXERIL were drowsiness, dry mouth and dizziness. The incidence of these common adverse reactions was lower in the surveillance program than in the controlled clinical studies:

‡ Note: FLEXERIL 10 mg data are from one clinical trial. FLEXERIL 5 mg and placebo data are from two studies.

Clinical Studies With FLEXERIL 10 mg
    Surveillance Program With FLEXERIL 10 mg

Drowsiness
    39%
    16%

Dry Mouth
    27%
    7%

Dizziness
    11%
    3%

Among the less frequent adverse reactions, there was no appreciable difference in incidence in controlled clinical studies or in the surveillance program. Adverse reactions which were reported in 1% to 3% of the patients were: fatigue/tiredness, asthenia, nausea, constipation, dyspepsia, unpleasant taste, blurred vision, headache, nervousness, and confusion.

The following adverse reactions have been reported in post-marketing experience or with an incidence of less than 1% of patients in clinical trials with the 10 mg tablet:

Body as a Whole: Syncope; malaise.

Cardiovascular: Tachycardia; arrhythmia; vasodilatation; palpitation; hypotension.

Digestive: Vomiting; anorexia; diarrhea; gastrointestinal pain; gastritis; thirst; flatulence; edema of the tongue; abnormal liver function and rare reports of hepatitis, jaundice and cholestasis.

Hypersensitivity: Anaphylaxis; angioedema; pruritus; facial edema; urticaria; rash.

Musculoskeletal: Local weakness.

Nervous System and Psychiatric: Seizures, ataxia; vertigo; dysarthria; tremors; hypertonia; convulsions; muscle twitching; disorientation; insomnia; depressedmood; abnormal sensations; anxiety; agitation; psychosis, abnormal thinking and dreaming; hallucinations; excitement; paresthesia; diplopia.

Skin: Sweating.

Special Senses: Ageusia; tinnitus.

Urogenital: Urinary frequency and/or retention.

Causal Relationship Unknown

Other reactions, reported rarely for FLEXERIL under circumstances where a causal relationship could not be established or reported for other tricyclic drugs, are listed to serve as alerting information to physicians:

Body as a whole: Chest pain; edema.

Cardiovascular: Hypertension; myocardial infarction; heart block; stroke.

Digestive: Paralytic ileus, tongue discoloration; stomatitis; parotid swelling.

Endocrine: Inappropriate ADH syndrome.

Hematic and Lymphatic: Purpura; bone marrow depression; leukopenia; eosinophilia; thrombocytopenia.

Metabolic, Nutritional and Immune: Elevation and lowering of blood sugar levels; weight gain or loss.

Musculoskeletal: Myalgia.

Nervous System and Psychiatric: Decreased or increased libido; abnormal gait; delusions; aggressive behavior; paranoia; peripheral neuropathy; Bell’s palsy; alteration in EEG patterns; extrapyramidal symptoms.

Respiratory: Dyspnea.

Skin: Photosensitization; alopecia.

Urogenital: Impaired urination; dilatation of urinary tract; impotence; testicular swelling; gynecomastia; breast enlargement; galactorrhea.

DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE

Pharmacologic similarities among the tricyclic drugs require that certain withdrawal symptoms be considered when FLEXERIL is administered, even though they have not been reported to occur with this drug. Abrupt cessation of treatment after prolonged administration rarely may produce nausea, headache, and malaise. These are not indicative of addiction.

DRUG INTERACTIONS
    FLEXERIL may have life-threatening interactions with MAO inhibitors. (See CONTRAINDICATIONS.)

FLEXERIL may enhance the effects of alcohol, barbiturates, and other CNS depressants.

Tricyclic antidepressants may block the antihypertensive action of guanethidine and similarly acting compounds.

Tricyclic antidepressants may enhance the seizure risk in patients taking tramadol.

14. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Flexeril is Cyclobenzaprine, an Un-Scheduled muscle relaxant.

15. Red_Baran

Red_Baran Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i love Flexeril, the stuff puts me in the best mood! (and when mixed with weed its great) also love it for sleep, i likearound30mg's.

i heard Flexeril was invented as an anti-depressant, does any one know of any other anti-depressent that works like Flexeril (i have been on meny and none work for me) but Flexeril puts me in the best mood!

16. Zandorf

Zandorf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is hands my favourite pharmeceutical of all time. just
    one 10mg pill will knock me down and nod me out like no other for
    several hours.

i have very limited experience with it. i'm hoping to find more somedoday.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
  17. daveman

daveman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    wow people actually like this drug? i threw it away. all it would do is make me knock out and when i wokeup id be grumpy and groggy, and OC is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SECOND to flexeril

18. Satman

Satman Newbie

Reputation Points:

19. dopenose77

dopenose77 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Flexeril can be relaxing. I got a bottle of 10mg tabs after i was in a car accident for whiplash. They have a tendency to make one very tired though.

a couple warnings:

DO NOT SNORT- Burns like a motherfucker

DO NOT mix with alcohol- i had maybe 2-3 beers and i puked my guts up

20. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have disk disease in her neck and all Flexeril did for her was make her very very sleepy. She is petite so the hangover lasted a while. The first ones she got were 10 mg and the second ones, were 5 mg. I know they are supposed to relax muscle spasms but they seem to do more than that. Swim doesn't relate them in any way to valium or xanax. She still has a whole bottle of Fexeril and doesn't plan on touching it unless her neck flares up bad enough and maybe not even then. I am prescribed Lortab 10s sometimes but would never mix that with Flexeril since both can cause drowsiness, even though Lortabs do not make swim sleepy.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006