Fly Agaric Experience

Discussion in 'Amanita' started by Grautr, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Grautr

Grautr Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I thought of all my experiences with entheogens this one should be first because it is completly different to most other peoples experiences on Fly Agaric that I have come accross before.

I bought 6 dried caps (about 5 or 6 inches across) plus some other pieces from an online source. After reading of other peoples dosages at the Erowide Vaults I decided to devide them up into 3 hits of 2 caps each.

The first time I ate the two caps I ate them dried and washed them down with tea. The taste was different to any other mushrooms Ive tasted before but not unpleasant. I experienced a slight distortion to my vision but that was all.

I waited a week and took the next two caps. This time I made burgers and mixed the chopped mushrooms into them. Again all I experienced was a slight bluring of vision.

I waited another week and decided with the last two caps I would meditate while under the effect to see what happens. Again I cooked them into burgers and ate them but found this time I did not like the taste. The burgers were difficult to eat but I forced them down.

About an hour later after a short period meditating and finding the same mild effect I suddenly decided to go to sleep. This was unussual as it was only 9.00 pm but I still went up.

It was as I slept that the real shit hit the fan. I first found myself being shown the nature of the universe through the medium of pain. I was shown many different universes wher pain played a greater roll than in our own. As I was shown each the pain became more intense until at some pointI felt as if I had passed out from it. After some time I seemed to gather myself again and found that the pain was dropping.

Sometime after this I have a brief memory of sitting in my living room naked and trying to put a sock on but was unable to do so. This was my only concious memory of the whole experience.

I then found myself in a prison that had marble walls, a grass floor and a roof open to a cloudy but blue sky. At one end of this prison, which was roughly the size of a tennis court, was a set of grass covered steps that led up to the exit. Standing at the top of the steps were two guards armed with guns.

There was another inmate with me. He wore a toga and had long grey hair. He reminded me of maybe a Greek philosoper. I went to him and explained that we must escape from here but he had already given up. He explained to me that it was impossible to get out and then sat down in a state of depression.

I resolved to get out on my own and looking round found windows and holes in the marble walls but whenever I aproached a hole an armed guard would appear and warn me off. I tried reasoning with the guards, sneaking past them, offered bribes but always my escape plans were foiled.

In the end I became depressed and was about to give up as well when I heard distant gunfire. Over the next few minutes the gunfire got closer until eventualy it was close and the guards at the top of the grassy steps were gunned down.

looking up out of the prison I saw a group of armed men looking down at me all with a knowing smile on their faces. Somehow I knew these people were my ancestors and they had come to save me. The knowing smiles they gave me said it all;

"That was a stupid thing you did"

I woke up with sunlight streaming through the window and that reborn feeling you quite often get with hallucinogens. My vision was quite blurry, with mild hallucinations and patterns forming. I realised something was wrong immediatly though because I was not in my bed. I had gone to sleep in my room but woke up in the spare room but apart from the briefest memory of trying to put the sock on I do not remember waking at all.

I tried to move and found I was in pain. I got out of bed and checked myself over. I had a huge bump on my head the size of a golf ball, I could not move two of my fingers on my right hand, my thigh muscles burned as if I had been on a kick bag for hours, I had no skin left on either leg from my knees to have way down my shins and I had various other cuts, bumps and bruises all over my body!

I went and checked the house. There was a trail of wet washing left up the stairs. My PC at first would not work but after a while got it going again. My living room was a wreck with two broken tables and various cups and plates smashed about the room. The kitchen was the same.

Quite obviously while I was going through my experiences asleep my body had decided to go and do other things while I was gone. It was similar to the complete divorce of being in a K-hole but instead of laying still as you do under the tranquilizing effects of ketamine I was instead animated to the extream.

One other unusual effect I have noticed since then that is worth mentioning is that I now detest the taste of mushrooms. Before this event it had never bothered me but with this experience not only did I detest the taste of Fly Agaric I now also detest the taste of Psylobin mushrooms! This experience has obviously left me with some deep rooted psycological effects if I now have a problem with a completly unrelated mushroom.

I'm not a person who advocates having a sitter with hallucinogenics as I feel this quite often leads to an unessesary fear but if I ever take Fly Agaric again it will only be in the presence of a sitter. Either that or I will chain myself to a radiator or some other similar fixed object.

2. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Was amnita muscaria the only thing you consumed? I have been interested in amnita for a while, this hasn't exactly dulled my interest, great report thanks and i'm sorry it went a little bad.

3. Grautr

Grautr Silver Member

Reputation Points:

yes just the two six inch caps. What I found most strange was that taking roughly the same quantity each time lead to completly different effects. The only other case similar to mine I readof wasa Canadian boy who ate some with his friends while at the beach. His friends reported he went to sleep for a while and then went on a naked rampage of the local town. Later, after being arrested, he said he remembered nothing.

I thought at the time this was just another scare story but compared to my experience the similarities mean it was probably true. The only connection I can see between the two events is that we both slept at the start. Its possible that this is the reason for the rampage but as I'm not so experienced with the effects of this mushroom I cant be sure.

It also hasnt put me off and with a sitter would try again. I think I have found some growing in some woods near where I live. If I can get a positive identification from someone I might try them fresh.

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
  5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That is a pretty intense experience!!

The most intense experience I can think of with Amanitas M. is when I took some and went on a drive with some friends (I was not driving). After smoking several spliffs on the road, Swim noticed the car's GPS system. He was transfixed by the glowing green of the roads. He felt himself getting slowly sucked in and then in a flash he was suddenly floating over the little green and gray lines and the blue pixelated river. He was inside the GPS system, though he didn't think about turning around to see if he could see out of it as he was too engrossed with the coolness of flying around the map of town. It was like sticking your head in through a window except that you are able to move the window around to wherever you want! Very cool. Amanitas Muscaria are one of Swim's favourite legal highs.

6. Fresh

Fresh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So basically You had a really intense dream?

7. PSYCHO_ACTIVE

PSYCHO_ACTIVE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    i found some of these also around my house, but the caps are white, and some a light brownish...are they the same?

8. Lobsang

Lobsang Newbie

Reputation Points:
    That does not sound like Amanita Muscaria to SWIM. And if SWIy has to ask on a forum then please do not ingest. :eek:

9. PSYCHO_ACTIVE

PSYCHO_ACTIVE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    well one of my friends ate a half and eighth and said they tripped really good. these have the white spots and everything. they just are white and light brown. i was just wondering if these were the same or not.

PSYCHO_ACTIVE added 11 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

they are the same shap and gills and everything to.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  10. Lobsang

Lobsang Newbie

Reputation Points:
    OK well just be careful. Maybe Amanita Regalis. I dunno:)

As a matter of fact I am not sure but I may have seen brown amanita in SE Alaska if I remember correctly.

11. PSYCHO_ACTIVE

PSYCHO_ACTIVE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    they are exactly the same just different color.... do you know of any really good ones to find in idaho?

12. Lobsang

Lobsang Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No. You just better stick with what you know. I mean there may be also psilocybin mushrooms there. I am sure there would be. But you need to have a lot of knowledge to figure out what they are. Like using a microscope to check spores and such. Amanita Muscaria is pretty easy to identify. Not all tripping mushrooms are. Psilocybin mushrooms in Idaho are:

Psilocybe fimetaria
    Psilocybe pelliculosa
    Psilocybe silvatica
    Panaeolus subbalteatus
    Gymnopilus aeruginosus

13. PSYCHO_ACTIVE

PSYCHO_ACTIVE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    and those are hallucinogenic shrooms in idaho?

14. Lobsang

Lobsang Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes. But you would really have to study to find them. And they would differ in their activity. And some may not have even been tried by meMERS. Here is a longer list:

Gymnopilus aeruginosus
    Gymnopilus junonius
    Gymnopilus liquiritiae
    Gymnopilus luteofolius
    Gymnopilus sapineus
    Panaeolus subbalteatus
    Psilocybe fimetaria
    Psilocybe pelliculosa
    Psilocybe silvatica

Panaeolus subbalteatus might be common. I dunno

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_5_57_Panaeolus.s27b76c88d63d3daa7f4fe23cb7f0c2c9.jpg