Fly

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by fatal, Apr 27, 2006.

1. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of any of the fly compounds (FLY DragonFLY hemiFLY flea gnat etc) other than DOBFLY and 2C-BFLY? Thought I'd try to get a discussion kicking as there isn't really too much info available on the subject.

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think the only information that is available are Nichols' papers.

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    2c-b-fly is AMAZING. Swip is supposed to be getting DragonFly soon, we'll see.

4. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There was some bromo-dragonfly going around for a while, but very few reports. From what I have read so far, it does not sound very encouraging. 2cb-fly is interesting, but I am sure there are far better analogs on the horizon.

Snapper

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thus far the FLY compounds seem to be hit or miss. Some people have amazing times, while others found zilch of interest. It would be intriguing to hear more reports on the more obscure. Thus far, it appears, the two aforementioned are the only (recently at that) ones with any common experiential data.

If you find others and reports - please post them!

6. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    From what I've read of peoples experiences (and my own) the fly compounds seem to be a far better bet than the dragonfly compounds (dragonfly compounds are the fully aromatic version of the fly compounds), despite the fact that the dragonflies are much better suited to binding to the 5HT2a receptor as they are planar/flat due to the three rings all being aromatic. DOB dragonfly has something like 8x the affinity for the 5HT2a receptor over DOB fly, yet this isn't reflected in the dosage - there must be some problem concerning either absorbtion from the gut or some sort of unexpected 1st pass metabolism.

Although not really a direct comparison, the difference between DOB/DOB dragonfly is much greater than that between 2C-B/2C-B fly and is to the detriment for the dragonfly. Because of this I think that any future Research Chemicals (eg DOM derivatives) will be almost exclusively the fly compounds; I would love to be able to try DOM fly to see if that does hold true for the amphetamines as well as the phenethylamine psychedelics

7. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM and his wife think that 2C-B-fly is a very interesting substance. But with just one trial, at 10mg, it's hard to say much that is meaningful about it, except that from my experience 10mg is plenty for one's first time tasting it - this drug has a sort-of unique flavor, which I think takes a bit of getting used to.

I'd love to see its 4-substituted relatives, especially 2C-D-fly, become discretely available.

8. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I wonder if 2c-b-dfly is of any interest.. i.e. I wonder if the problem with metabolism or absorption is always due to the aromatic rings, or if it is only with amphetamine versions of dflys.. also the shorter expected duration of 2c-b-dfly compared to dob-dfly would be quite welcome on my part.

9. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    this one researcher's lab went through several grams of the 2C-B-FLY and the uniform feedback received frrom the voicebox-enabled rats rated it an incredibly worthwhile material in a variety of tasks, situations, sets, settings, doses and combinations.

that said, there was no similarity with 2C-B (a fantastic material) noted at all. whereas the fly derivative had a cool analytical edge, the original was perceived as a much 'warmer' substance.

10. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo esq. would concur. The 2-CB-Fly just rather says: "Here it is. What do you want to do with it?" The original 2-CB is enticing on an emotional level. Sort of like Mr. Spock v. Captain Kirk. Bongo very much likes the Fly. And he was glad to see it's availability was quite low comparatively speaking.