Freebase DMT suitable for injecting?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Memantine, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    As the title reads, is DMT freebase suitable for injecting, either I.M. or I.V.?
    I'm guessing not as its most likely not soluble in water right? But SWIM keeps asking me and I'd like to give him a straight answer. What about making a saline suspension (probably not well said) like they do with pharmaceuticals that are not water-soluble, like most benzos?

I was wondering as he's not been succesful with getting a fumarate and he tells me he's particularly sensitive to the harsh moth-ball smoke, in fact so sensitive he hasnt broken through via smoking, he actually just stays there in a catatonic tryptamine state where he wont be able to reach the pipe nor want to smoke more because of the harshness and the rapidly built tolerance. Sadly enough his only breakthrough experience has been snorting which hurts so much that you actually believe you're one of those yopo-snuffin shamans that can go into trance just because of the pain which my friend's "modern" and accomodated mind can't ignore to just enjoy the trip.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It is unknown if a saline solution would put DMT into solution. I am on uncharted ground. Unless someone else knows, I will need to experiement with such. It MIGHT be possible to put DMT into a hydrochloride salt in solution - but one would have to be incredibly careful to get that just right. Injecting free HCl would be a bad trip in more ways than one.

3. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Ok, thanks for the reply Nag, but what about DMT Freebase? Do you or anybody knows if its water soluble or any other solution where it could dillute entirely and easily? And what would that solution be, and its constitutents?

I dont even bother asking about HCl since its supposedly so hard to make/get. If it was for a salt I'd like some info on fumarate (which i heard is readily soluble in water right?)...

4. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you dissolved it in ethanol, it might stay in solution after you added some water, but like Nag says - uncharted waters.
    DMT HCl isn't impossible. Work is being done. That's the only way to go for IV.