1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Freezing Opana (oxymorphone) to weaken TimerX

Discussion in 'Oxymorphone' started by Mulletov, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Mulletov

Mulletov

Reputation Points:
    Think freezing Opana ERs would weaken the silica that encapsulates the oxymorphone hcl?

I'm having trouble finding solubility factors for silica, any help on that would be greatly appreciated as well.

2. deltakappamuMD

deltakappamuMD Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Freezing Opana to weaken TimerX

Interesting, it's possible but I highly doubt it. There isn't much out there on the TimerX system they use to get the timed release. Just be glad they didn't go with the timing system I have been researching for oxycontin. Everyone on this board will hate me. It involves mixing a type of irritant chili powder with the binder of oxycontin tabs so if someone goes to crush the tab for nasal/injection use the powder would burn like none other...thereby detering it's diversion

3. hamsterdam

hamsterdam Silver Member

Reputation Points:

You know, it's surprising pharma companies research things just to deter diversion. Shouldn't they want diversion? More diversion = more pills sold = more profits.

Preventing abuse is stupid.

4. Zendo

Zendo Mercury Member

Reputation Points:

Chilli can cause bad reactions to people with stomach problems,
    that idea wont work.

5. deltakappamuMD

deltakappamuMD Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Exactly, but who said the pill would dissolve in the stomach? Perhaps this pills coating and subsurface lasts until the duodenum where bile acids are secreted and dissolved and bind the lipid container the drug is contained in :) And your reasoning behind diversion is correct.

6. jon-q

jon-q Gold Member

Reputation Points:

Freezing Opana ER pills isn’t likely to have any effect on the TIMERx release system; the gel matrix that is formed, is a combination of locust bean gum and xanthan gum. As water is absorbed into the outer layers, the tablet slowly breaks down. This allows the locust bean gum molecules to associate with the xanthan gum to form a gel. This matrix encapsulates the drug which is then slowly released over time.
    Both of these gums are sometimes added to frozen foodstuffs as a Preservative, so they will not be weakened by freezing, If anything freezing may even make the gel stronger.
    Locust bean gum is soluble in hot water; Xanthan gum is soluble in cold water.
    Q

7. RoboCodeine7610

RoboCodeine7610 Silver Member

Reputation Points:

well wouldn't chewing the pills defeat the TimerX??What if you crushed them into a powder and snorted them?

8. Mulletov

Mulletov

Reputation Points:

No, from what I've read the oxymorphone is encapsulated in micro crystalline silica and is then diffused through a semiporous membrane, replacing the drug with stomach acid over the course of a 12 hour period.

I was hoping to find a way to physically perforate the timerx medium to allow for quicker diffusion, but I think that some water would have to be leached in to the beads for freezing to be effective.

Since timerx is a novel mechanism it is unlikely that a standard A/B extraction would work.

Snorting does increase the bioavailibility from ~10% to ~40%, but I'm guessing that this statistic is taken with pure drug that is able to touch the nasal membranes.

9. Phentasies

Phentasies

Reputation Points:

^

Are you saying its time release is its encapsulation inside insoluble (or limited solubility) balls?

If so, then if you pounded the absolute shit out of the powder, surely you would rupture some (if not most/all) of these insoluble balls thereby releasing the active ingredient from its encapsulation.

But I dont mean JUST crushing the tablet, youd have to crush the tablet into a grainy powder, place that into a fold of cardboard-y-paper and fold it closed on the powder (so it doesnt go allover the place), then take something heavy with a flat surface and rub it as hard as you can over the paper until all the grains are brokendown, then pound directly down onto the powder as hard as you can for as long as you can to break those balls to absolute shit.

Surely some (if not most) of the encapsulation balls would be ruptured, and then the powder could be insufflated (assuming that wouldnt be horribly uncomfortable -- but even that doesnt stop most users).

Its easy enough to find out, try it, snort it, and see what happens.

10. Sniffin Sunshine

Sniffin Sunshine

Reputation Points:

oxymorphone er is indeed snortable, from swims many experiances, and it def. gets her high. she has never had a problem with crushing them up and snorting them, and the high is immediate. however, it seems prettymuch iv-proof since it gels up when water is added. she would love to find a way to outsmart this system and get it broken down into a liquid, but so far no luck :(

11. LinusMundane

LinusMundane Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I don't even want to think aboot pooping after eating some of those. I don't bump pills so the chili pepper thing wouldn't apply to my nose, but yeah...pooping = bad with those.

12. Bodom

Bodom Newbie

Reputation Points:

I wonder how well plugging ER would work?

13. desertimplant

desertimplant

Reputation Points:

Works great. Get an empty Fleet bottle, put a small amount of pure warm (tap hot, not boiling) water in..just enough to cover 1 40mg ER Opana laying flat. go set it on a nice dark shelf for 12+ hours.

When swiy comes back..the pill will be 3 or 4x larger but still holding its shape. It often stays stuck to bottom which is even better...drain that wonderful juice into a second empty squirt tool of swiy's choice...plug away...only IV is better. Of all the posts seen this is the most effective way to bypass the gel\goop\timerX SWIM has tried. It may even work for IV'ing but can't say

desertimplant added 4 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

As SWIM hasn't been brave enuff to IV it after the 12+ hour extraction method...

SWIM is sure any of the ER's will respond (Opana) the same way as all have same TimerX technology....

Let us know how it went\goes :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  14. FloatingInDreams

FloatingInDreams Silver Member

Reputation Points:

SWIM has found out the solution to freeing the oxymorphone from the silica part, you need a non polar organic solvent like benzene, toluene or tetrachloroethylene.
    SWIMS friend also tried basic ethyl alcohol and it seperated it somewhat and created a white milky fluid which had the oxymorphone solids and the bottom of the mixture
    SWIM think's this would be interesting to try out, but he lacks the proper amount to do any useful experiment.

15. scottd420

scottd420 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Have you ever noticed that Dilaudid is also made like this, and made with cheap materials, probably the cheapest available. It also happens to be the best materials to be soluble in water. They couldn't have done it to make it the best possible formula for snorting and plugging/injecting, could they? haha