Health - French Inhaling - Tobacco Smoke Up Nose

Discussion in 'Tobacco' started by Schwag, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Schwag

Schwag Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Don't think this has been covered before, I did a search and came up with nothing. I was wondering what effect french inhaling tobacco smoke has on your nose. Will it do your nose some damage over time or is it relatively safe? I would also like to know if french inhaling weed smoke is bad for your nose (he assumes it would be better than tobacco smoke). Does any swim know?

2. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    Re: French Inhaling

from swiyour post , must swim deduce that "french inhaling" involves "inhaling" smoke through one's nose ? sounds odd, exhaling, maybe...
    anyway, it should be called "freedom inhaling" if you ask swim

3. Schwag

Schwag Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Yeah, that's what I am reffering to. When someone inhales the smoke from their mouth up and into their nose. I am not from america so it's french inhaling to him ;) .

4. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada

Tobacco smoke would have the same negative effects on your nose as it would on your mouth, throat and lungs. Toxic substances dont discriminate!

Swim thinks french inhaling a cigar the odd time is both aromatic and cool looking at the same time, however he would never do this as a regular method of smoking. He thinks his sinus cavity would become irritated after a while.

5. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium

It certainly won't be healthy for your nose. I don't think it is something you can do a lot, since it hurts. Pure weed smoke probably has more tar too.

6. Schwag

Schwag Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Ok, this is what swim figured. He french inhales everything he smokes and lately, he has been thinking it's probably not that good of an idea. With cigarettes he finds french inhaling gives him more of a "buzz". With weed he finds he gets higher when he french inhales than when he doesn't. It doesn't seem to make a big difference though so I will try to keep this down from now on.

7. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swia saw this picture of this guy who smoked cigeretes normally and he ended up with cancer in his nose and had a choice let it spreed and die or lose his nose he choose the latter and imagine a hole where a nose should be.

8. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Has any other my actually tried smoking a ciggy through the nose? (apologies if I have mis understood), Quick answer = Dont Do It- because it kills like an absolute bast**d, it is extreamly painfull.
    While high with friends the idea popped up, and after a bit of consideration, everyone tryed it (4 persons) then everyone ran around holding theyre noses in pain, while dripping tears, it really not a good experience, the nose seems to be very delicate to smoke.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  9. Humanity

Humanity Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from estonia
    In addition to this (quite the radical consequence) there's also deterioration of the taste/smell senses.
    When inhaling through the normal oral pathway, I imagine you'll be destroying your sense of taste faster than smell. And with this so called french inhaling, you lose smell.
    But as we all know smell and taste are very closely related and in about 30 years' time we'll all be *omg, these chilli peppers are totally bland*.

Rather depressing really :crazy

Hum.

10. robotsindrag

robotsindrag Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Pardon if I misunderstand, but I'm pretty sure that "French inhaling" refers to when you exhale smoke from your mouth and inhale through your nose at the same time so it travels from the oral cavity to your nasal cavities; not smoking by inhaling the cigarette directly from your nose. The latter is just a completely idiotic idea.

11. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    That is correct, this smoking technique is also known as an Irish Waterfall.

12. baron samedi

baron samedi Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Sorry for SWIM's ignorance but can someone explain this method. Do you inhale the smoke into your lungs, exhale from your mouth then inhale the smoke again via the nose, or simply take the smoke into the mouth, exhale it, then inhale it through the nose?
    Incidentally, do the French and Irish actually do this or is it a figure of speech?

13. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    yes, second that, details please !

the french don't usually do it, well maybe the mustachioed ones with the navy blue tights striped shirts and berets that hide behind their baguettes do, you never know.
    the names are hilarious, the irish waterfall and the french inhaling...sounds very erotic and semen related in many ways, huhu-hahaaa
    b

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  14. baron samedi

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

LOL! Don't forget the onions round the neck and the reek of garlic.
    I thought the names sounded vaguely sexual as well!

15. bloot

bloot Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    When french inhaling this is what one does. For unexperienced users they will take a puff ( but not inhale ) and then open their mouth slightly and slowly push their tongue towards their front teeth. This will slowly push the smoke out of ones mouth, simultaneously one will start inhaling through their nose. If done right the hit will go straight from their mouth to nose. If one becomes more experienced they can inhale the mouth hit and then french inhale, but this is a little bit too complicated to explain.

16. baron samedi

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thanks Bloot, I will have to experiment with this. He wonders if this method provides a different kind of "hit" than the standard way.

17. pillpopper96743

pillpopper96743 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I do this often when he smokes good weed. He tends to get stoned a bit faster. With cigs, it just gives a good buzz. Its a bit hard to do when first starting though.

18. AquafinaOrbit

AquafinaOrbit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    French Inhaling really is not that painful in my experiences, this is including both Cigars and Blunts of Green. As for a quicker/stronger effect, I have also noticed this and once heard it is because it is going to your brain faster, though that seems odd to SWIM as the nose cavity goes to the lungs not to the brain correct?

19. Schwag

Schwag Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Correct, I'm pretty sure the reason why is because the membranes in your nose absorb the THC and obviously, the membranes in your nose are closer to your brain than other membranes.