Oral use - Fresh Magic Shroom Tea

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Alfa, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Fresh Magic Shroom Tea

Ingredients:

1/3 - 1 1/2 pounds(depending on how many people)of fresh picked and washed magic mushrooms(psilocybe cubensis).
    5 - 10 cups of lukewarm water.
    Tea Bags.
    Sugar.

Method: To make this magical brew you must first gather your fresh magic mushrooms. After you have your mushrooms you wash them off (cow manure can carry diseases). Now cut them into SMALL pieces on a cutting board (try to catch the hallucinogenic juice you'll need it!) and put every part of the Magic Mushroom into a pot with your water.

Slowly start to boil your water and let boil for atleast 10 minutes (to kill all the germs), the longer you boil it the better. Make sure it starts to show purple foam on top of the water.

Now before you strain it add the tea bags (I don't see anything wrong with caffine) and let the tea infuse with the juice of the Magic Mushrooms.
    Get your strainer ready because you need to take all the shrooms and tea bags out of your Magic Mushroom juice (a shirt or towel works fine). Squeeze all the excess juice out of the mushrooms and tea bags (these mushrooms can be boiled up to three more times, so save em!). Pour all this juice into a jug.

Now add your sugar (how ever much sugar you want in it) and stir or shake vigorously! Now get you some ice and put it into cups and chug! The important word here is chug! the more you drink the harder you'll trip! Also evry time befor you refill your cup make sure to shake the jug.

After several minutes you might feel queezy or start to yawn, This is normal after those effects ware away you will be left with strong mind altering hallucinations! ENJOY!

Try it and tell me what you think.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is the only method I use to doing shrooms now. he's been eating them for years but he really just cant stand the taste anymore. The only thing he does differently is he just uses kool aid and sugar instead of tea cuz if u use the right amount of sugar it honestly will taste just like kool aid. But yea good recipe swims gonna use it to make a batch of tea tonight

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
  3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Does anyone here on the board chop up fresh shrooms and put them in tea? I find that this is the most enjoyable way of doing shrooms. The only disadvantage is that you can underestimate how much shrooms you do because the tea is so easy to drink. It's not like downing Bacardi 151 and puking your stomach out or hitting some hydro on the bong for too long and coughing your lungs out.

I wanna hear from the tea-drinkers out there...

4. dletterman

dletterman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This is SWIM's girlfriend favorite way to consume shrooms, for her its the only way she can adequently mask the taste. She also says she does not notice a difference in trip intensity compared with just eating them raw. SWIM himself is too lazy for the tea and just throws them in his mouth as he loves the taste of shrooms to begin with

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    What I find with mushroom tea, is that there's no difference whatsoever taste-wise from normal tea. Being Irish as well, I like my tea as much as Americans like their coffee, so it's a very pleasant way of consuming the mushrooms. As far as I know, the trip is just as intense and there's none of the upset stomach which is a bonus

6. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    i prefer to use chopped mushies in coffee butif i have the time i like to make some chaiand strain them out, if i have the choice i use dried ones as itseasier to estimate intensity. theres something about fresh shrooms that unsettles my stomache, i never have problems with dry ones.

7. ksurfboy222

ksurfboy222 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was wondering if this recipe would work for dried shrooms as well. Is heat good for the dried shrooms?

8. bubbly nubs

bubbly nubs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yeah this will work just as well for dried shrooms, just crush them up before adding to the water to make extraction that much more efficient. And no, heat is not good for mushrooms, enough of it will destroy the alkaloids. It is generally recommended to heat the water to below boiling but plenty of people I have met just boils the water and they claim it works just the same.

9. Arokas

Arokas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from italy
    Alfa just a suggestion. Put the shrooms in the water after it has boiled and cooled down a bit. Otherwise you cause psylocin oxidation, and you loose the point of making thea with fresh shrooms. Yous shouldnt never boil shrooms

Arokas added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Sorry just read that the heat problem was discussed by porchy :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  10. Ryansgonewayward

Ryansgonewayward Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    is there a way to save this tea? say freeze it, or keep it in the frige without it going bad? say for a trip to mars next week or 3 weeks from now...frozen would be the trip in a month in case swim decides to go to mars by eating. so?

11. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    Swim thinks freezing it would probably be the best option if the tea is already made. Otherwise extracting the mushrooms in alcohol would be an alternative and it would last longer if bottled and stored in a fridge. Not too much alcohol though, You might not want to get too drunk if tripping.
    Some strong vodka, just enough to soak the mushrooms in should do it.

I would recommend drying the mushrooms out fully then grinding them and pouring just enough vodka and a drop of lemon juice to cover the powder and leaving it in a jar where it could be strained before use.

12. LSD BILOTTA

LSD BILOTTA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    is it better to eat the shrooms:crazy as you drink the tea? does it really get you high up to 2 more times after the first boil? i've never heard that before, when afoaf boils them he just throws them out after or eats them

13. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    Never boil mushrooms.
    Heat will kill all actives. Use warm (not boiling) water.

14. LSD BILOTTA

LSD BILOTTA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ok but can you save the shrooms after you put them in warm water and do it again and get high up to 2 more times?

15. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    If all the alkaloids are not extracted the first time then sure. But its obviously not going to be any stronger that the first extraction.

You dont create any more alkaloids that are in the mushrooms themselves.

Eating them will be best.
    Drinking tea will extract most, but probably not all. So unless you drink the tea and eat the mushroom too then you could make a second weaker tea.

Remember that there is going to be some tollerence too.

16. LSD BILOTTA

LSD BILOTTA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ok thanks a lot for the help,:thumbsup:. how long should you wait from the first time you put them in warm water to get your tolerance down for a second time, also how would one store the waterlogged shrooms after until his/her tolerance is down?

17. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    If you are not eating them laster that night/day then it would probably be best to make them into another tea and stor the tea.
    You could keep it in a fridge but i dont think and more than a few days is good. You wouldnt dring tea or coffee you had left in the fridge for days.

Id still recomend making the right dose for how many people are taking them, dividing it up and drinking it and then eating the mush left over equally.
    The alkaloids in the water will kick in harder that they would if eaten, and any eaten mush that still contains alkaloids will get absorbed too. The trip will kick in harder than usual, espicially if you add some lemon to assist with the extraction.

No point trying to hang onto it if you keep the mush aftertea. Maybe make another tea, strain and bin the mush and freeze the tea.

Leave at least a week between taking doses so tollerence is not as much issue.

18. LSD BILOTTA

LSD BILOTTA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ok, thanks for the guidance :vibes:

19. Nosferatus

Nosferatus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    Tea made with finely shopped (as close to pulverized as possible) mushrooms, a few tea bags (ginger or cinnamon flavored is good, but whatever you like) chopped ginger and a little honey is hands down the best way of taking mushrooms. You'll get that vibrating feeling all over before your halfway through your cup, and the show will just be starting by the time you're done. Excellent.

Tags: