Frozen/Wet Research Chemicals!

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by RoboCop, May 29, 2006.

1. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I am here to ask about Swim's tradgedy. His RC's where moved on accident to a place of danger within a freezer. To swims dismay he found his Research Chemical collection frozen/soaked, the outer envolopes where completely soaked/frozen and swim broke them open to recover his ziplock sealed baggies. None of them where completely airtight but this was never yet a problem since for well over a year there has been no noticed decrease in potency. Anyways swim found that some RC's 5-meo-mipt and 4-ho-mipt have turned into a near liquid mushy/sticky brown solution. While the 2c-e and other related phens seem to be ok with a slightly noticable bit of h20. Swim came to acceptance that his mipt's are ruined but is there still hope for his other chems? They still look pure white and chalky with no actual ice within the baggies. The amount of water that seemed to leak into the baggies is like that from an eye dropper about 1-2 drops.

Any advice do you think he can salvage his chems? I know this is a hard question to answer but I had no where else to turn but ask me, and I find it best to come here.

Luckily one chemical was within a completely unopened and sealed bag that appears unharmed.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  2. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If it's just water that got into the 2C-E baggie, you should just be able to dessicate it. Make very sure that the crystals are compeltely dry before weighing though.

3. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    What about the 4-ho-mipt goo, which is still potent. How long of a life span do you think this substance will have? hypothetically?

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    4-ho-mipt does not mix well with water. SWIM dilluted a gram in water and it significantly reduced the life span. After a week, 25mg felt more like 17mg so the clock is ticking.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yup. Time for that party your monkey was sort of thinking about. I hope he knows how much was there initially.

6. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    the freezer strikes back...i feel your sorrow.

here's an off the cuff idea for the goo - blend it with thick honey. that stuff seems to preserve just about anything indefinitely.

1. 3/5,
      Good idea.
      Jun 4, 2006
  7. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^nanos idea is excellent.

If mipt honey is anything like mushroom honey it should be quite good for a long period of time.