Culture - fucked up religious conversion tactics

Discussion in 'LSD' started by polloloco001, Jul 18, 2005.

1. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    http://www.absolutetruth.net/lsdtrip/

they lure you in talking about LSD and end up shoving jesus down your
    throat. the world is one big LSD trip (lust sin and death). get em
    while theyre trippin boys! theyre more succeptable to our lies that way!

1. 4/5,
      Great find. This would be hilarious if vulnerable people weren't being misinformed by it.
      Jun 14, 2011
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Be nice to track their financial paper-trail. See whose behind them.

3. Jacus

Jacus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Damn. That's messed up.Kinda cleaver though, "Since the first human's Lust for self-rule resulted in Sin against God, Death has ruled the world." lol.

Peace,
    Jacus

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    This reminds me of the Jehova witnesses who prey on wasted partygoers, here in The Netherlands. They call their mission 'To House'. They lure spaced out people into their busses with tea and food and start their indoctrinating dialogues, 2 on 1. Religion is fine by me, but sekts like these have very sick manifestations, to say the least.

5. jaguarangel

jaguarangel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Any religion that says you must do it my way and it is the only way to believe,is one that should not be trusted. True religion is all inclusive and is open minded to include the universal truth of all belief systems.

6. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    That sounds more like spirituality than religion, they are two very different things.

7. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:

Heh, I'd go for it hey free food I can't pass up! I have some books
    handed out by JW that are kind of like intro to judeo-christian beliefs
    and have some cool and wacky art full of smiling people, reminds me of
    60's propaganda art. I like talking to people while messed up, they'd
    probably kick me off the bus though when I start talking about my
    theories, nothing bad about their religion just my own interpretation[​IMG]

8. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Hey! Just give me the LSD . . . (as pennance) I will listen to your sermon.

I have been living in an LSD-less World for years now. I sure would like to have some. If someone gave me a Hit, I would be happy and grateful. I wouldn't mind listening to his Spin on the Spiritual World.

If he turned out to be a Bozo, I would just enjoy the ride, smile at him, nod my head once in a while, and tune him out. If he insisted on telling me his Absolute Truth (and demanded my rapt attention), I would return the favor (and tell him what I think and believe). Whatever happens, within an hour or 2 I will be finished with "paying for my Trip"; then I can zoom through the Universe for the other 3 hours, thanks to the actions of the Bozo. Thanks.

Over the years I have heard some Way-out stuff (and these guys weren't Religious zealots ... usually my Friend's friend). Most of the time, at least Some pieces of this Stuff are relevant to my thinking. I try to practice: "Take what you like, and leave the rest." I can (and have) learned Big lessons, by hearing someone preaching about the opposite. I realize that their view is counter to mine; and it doesn't make sense to me ... so it builds up my Faith in my view.

As long as someone doesn't squash my views (on purpose, with malice), I can usually listen to a half-hour or so of their drivel without permanent Brain damage (and maybe learn a thing or two).

9. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Their L.S.D. trip wasn't about drugs, it was about rebellion: Lust, Sin, and Death[​IMG]</span>

10. nirvana

nirvana Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i agree with a sermon being small pennance for most drugs,
    but still . . . its easy enough to convince people to believe in
    your god (look at mormonism: started out as a crazy guy and
    his few followers and currently has 11,000,000+ members in
    mainstream) without intoxication.

personally, though, drugs give me the closest thing ive ever
    had to a religious experience. i dont think some brainwashed
    fanatic telling me that HIS god was good and just and merciful
    could make me flinch at this point.

i pity the people they converted this way.

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Oh baby: Ya better realize that most people you ever meet are high on a "Natural All-Organic Drug" dude. It's called Stupidamine. People on Stupidamine are easily manipulated into doing stunts that could get you on TV! I'm sure you can cite many examples of people you have seen who O.D. ed on this substance.

12. nirvana

nirvana Newbie

Reputation Points:
    "...MENSA membership exceeding, tell me why and how are all
    the stupid people breeding..."
    -NOFX

13. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Haha this is so amazing that I had to bump it. Just in case the site linked in the original post ever goes down, below is the content in it's entirity.

I'm kinda disappointed in that I thought it was building up towards Jesus took LSD for your sins, but it wasn't to be. Still if I ever wanted to market LSD then "Satan himself took the trip, and now He wants you to join him" might be the best promotional tag out there!

More seriously though it's kinda sad to see religion bastardizing drugs (shouldn't it be vice versa?) in such a ridiculous manner. This is almost six years old, so I wonder whether this kind of over the top scare tactic filled indoctrination is still common in the US, and has the wealth of information now readily available on the internet eroded the effectiveness of such campaigns?

14. Meow Tse Dung

Meow Tse Dung Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    God, I loved it!
    This article is a revelation to my Cat, my cat now knows what was missing: LSD.
    got to go and find some more...

Anyway, as a young man who once aspired to become a priest, not because I believe but because I used to see the use in giving people something to believe in (Plus using the bibles method of teaching is definitely the best way to bring simple minds to believe anything) I find this to be... blasphemy? It seems to be the right word.
    This kind of person created the monster that the catholic religion has become today. Using an old school book cover with a new content. Using the previous words to make their own misconception of the bible, and the same has happened to other religious writings of many different religions: the extremists who consider western society the enemy of their religion, read the wrong message, and pass on their misunderstanding.
    A quick side note: in the past men realized that some priests past on distorted bible readings, cultivating the minds of the pious ones a misconception of the bible, but thanks to the progress of man: the printing machine, people had easy access to the bible, read it, and saw that some of what they had learnt had no place in the bible.

And that's what these people do! This Daniel W. Jarvis fella, probably doesn't even believe in god. But he really is over doing it, this seems like a re-write of the "Opium of the people" idea. It's a simple game to play, but this form of play is dirty.

Anyway, it's a good laugh. And I think I've got a new catch phrase: Lust Sin and Death... That would have been a great band name :p
    Also, if I seem to make little sense in this post, please tell me. It's sometimes difficult for me to know if I'm actually saying something... meaningful.

not believing in god,
    Meow =^.^=

15. EscapeDummy

EscapeDummy Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You wanna know a really great game to play? When you have Jehovah's Witnesses/other people who come door to door and try to convert you, act as if... you have no idea what they're talking about. Act as if you're humoring them and you have no idea what Christianity is, that you've never heard of it before, etc. Most of those people try to convert you approach you with the unspoken understanding that Christianity is the most common, "true" religion, and it REALLY throws them off guard when you act like it's some cult you aren't familiar with.

I'm not white, so that might help a little bit; I mean, who isn't familiar with christianity? but i've really had a lot of fun doing that here and there. I suppose this would work towards any religion, but I've never had muslims or jews try to convert me, only christians.

16. Docta

Docta Idiot Savant Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Well for people who believe that the universe was created in six days, that would sound pretty feasible.

Sounds as believable as anything else the Christians have come up with.

17. Shanty

Shanty Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." with doses!
    Romans 12:2

18. Balzafire

Balzafire Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    60 y/o from U.S.A.
    Shame on you Phenoxide for bumping this thread. You will surely go to hell. :laugh:

No doubt this will get interesting, as we haven't had a good, old-fashioned and drawn out religious debate for at least a year.

I have "Conversion squads" that troll my neighborhood every few weeks and love to fuck with them for a while until I've had my fun and then blow them off.
    I've said some really messed-up shit to them before, like I will give them one hour to tell me about their god - but then they have to give me one hour to introduce them to the one true god of the light of righteous and divine living, Lucifer!
    I have even tried convincing them that I am God and I am here before them in the flesh of a common man to test their faith to see if they will except or deny me. That one can freak the boys on the bicycles out...

And yes. I am one sick individual. I know.
    Anyway, this should be fun.
    Carry on.

19. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Did you know once you invite a Jehovah into your house they won't leave until asked?

Did you know that Jehovah's don't like nudity?

Just something to think about.

20. Docta

Docta Idiot Savant Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Wow thats freaky.
    So a Jehovah's Witness are like anti vampires, just think if we got them in the same room I'm thinking matter/antimatter cancelation.

Think I may email this to the producers of Big Bang Theory!

Tags: