FUN FUN HAPPY GOOD TIME!!!!!! Kratom Trip Report

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by nera, Jan 11, 2006.

1. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    I put this here in it's own thread because it is so damn long, I wrote it in real time, and I didn't want it weighting down the expirence thread, so I made my own.

Kratom Trip Report:​
    FUN FUN HAPPPY GOOD TIME!!!!

A: Healthy 135lb female. Occasional cigarette smoker, as well as experience with many other drugs. Used Kratom before. Slight upset stomach before starting, well rested, and generally in a good mood. All drug use other than cigarettes and alcohol have been quit, so there is nothing in her system other than nicotine. No drink or OTCs today.

B: Healthy 145lb male. Heavy smoker, previous user/abuser of “heavy” drugs. Feeling good, had a lazy day. No more drug usage as well, given up, just alcohol and cigarettes. No drink or OTCs today

Quantity: 5 Grams of powdered commercial grade leaf each. One Microwave method and other stove top.

Pre: Light meal of cheese tortellini and mashed potatoes, odd combo but surprisingly good.

Setting: Apartment, just cleaned (in case you wanted to know). Winter time. Half watching TV, repete of MythBusters killer Kleenex® box.

T – 0:00 – 6 pm: A prepares tea with the microwave method.

Microwave method
    : 5 grams of commercial leaf grounded to powder. Powder placed at bottom of cup, then covered with about ¼ cup of water, a squirt of lemon juice (don't know if this really helps?) The cup was then placed in the microwave for about 1.5 min, the stained through a very fine sieve. Did this 2 times, looked kind of like muddy water. Jade tea added, as well as milk (HIGHLY RECOMMENED), orange honey, and a spoonful of honey. A states it tastes bitter, tart, and lemony, but better than normal Kratom tea.

T – 0:15 – A is slowly sipping tea, found that sipping slowly over an extended period of time makes the effects more enjoyable, and the onset smoother.

T – 0:35 – 1/5 cup already consumed by A. Upset stomach irritating her, unrelated to the Kratom. B decides that he really wants a cup as well. Decided to do the stove top method.

Recipe for stop top: 5 grams of powdered commercial leaf Kratom. 1 cup of water brought to a boil, 5 grams of powder Kratom added, then temperature was dropped to a light simmer, and stirred occasionally for about 15 min. When the 15 min is done filter the liquid with a fine sieve into a bowl, then put the sludge from the filter back into the pan, then pour about ½ cup of water over the plant matter. Bring to a light simmer, turn the temperature down and let cook for about 10 – 15 min, filter again, pour into a cup drink and enjoy.

T – 0:40 – A finishes ½ of her cup.

T – 0:50 – A's effects start, feeling the come on, takes a break to not over do it and have a booster for a bit later.

T – 1:00 – Noticeable effects with A, warm “blanket” effect (users of opiates know what I mean, I'll explain in the notes), slight euphoria, A enjoys the TV. B started the second boiling for about 10 min.

T – 1:10 – B's tea is done brewing. Milk, sugar, Jade tea, and orange honey are added for taste. A is at ¼ cup – then retired for a later booster. A feels marked euphoria, enjoying the “blanket”, cigarettes, and TV. ¼ left as booster because of Kratom short life span.

T – 1:15 – B ½ cup left.

T – 1:20 – B is sedated, no euphoria of stimulation, just a lake of motivation.

T – 1:25 - “Blanket” starts at B's toes and moves up his body. Vision is occasionally goes blurry (annoying).

T – 1:30 – B draws the conclusion that Kratom works well in combination with a TV and a couch.

T – 1:45 – B NEEDES food, so he makes a quick microwave dinner, not usually his type but lethargy takes over. Food tastes and feels real good, even crappy food.

T – 2:00 – Nick is totally in the blanket. Clair is feeling the stimulation now, she is doing the dishes and wants to rearrange the kitchen – not happening.

T – 2:10 – A drinks the booster because all the euphoria is gone, just stimulation. B finishes his tea and recommends Kratom tea to be consumed over a course of about 1 hour.

T – 2:15 – 8:00 – Small boosters made and taken by B till about 6 hr, A had her fill at hour 5.

T – 8:00 – 2 beers (312's "ITS4U" people from the area know what I am talking about) are consumed by B as the effects of the Kratom are gone. After the first beer B gets a little booster from the beer, which felt a bit odd and unexpected. It revitalized the buzz and made me a bit dizzy.

Notes:

Blanket”: A warm feeling under the skin, feels like your wrapped in a warm blanket all over your body, feels REALLY nice. Usually is a predecessor to the waves of euphoria, associated with opiates.

If you are prone to anxiety attacks be careful with Kratom, it triggered one with me once, and once I took my medicine, Xanax, (not recommended) I was out cold for about 12 hrs. It also triggered one in my girlfriend, but her medicine, Kolonopin, is weaker than mine.

B has drawn the conclusion that it always feels like there could be “more” but when more is used nausea ensues. Be careful, Kratom sickness isn't very unpleasant, and wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

The normal nausea from Kratom that most people complain about is also present in other opiates so I don't really see the big deal, if you can handle those sicknesses then you can handle the “normal” Kratom nausea, but if you use to much (very easy to do) you will get very sick, so start small and work your way up.

A and B are also not sure how effective the extraction was with the microwave, but A got lit on 5 grams. So I would recommend it to people in a hurry, it only takes about 10 min. Also invest in a coffee grinder, they are only about $20 and they will turn leaf into a fine powder with is easier to work with and appears to make the extraction easier. It could also be gel capped (haven't tried yet)

I hope this Trip Report has helped anyone interested in Kratom. My girlfriend A has back problems and Kratom works justs a good as any pain med she gets from the doctor, and she doesn't have to deal with the hospital visit, there isn't anything they can do other than giver her Motrin® 800. I am no doctor so your on your own, and I am not here to treat of diagnose anyone, but it works for A and I have heard this from others. Take at your own digression. Remember every batch can be different like all drugs, and people respond differently to different things, this is what worked for me, it may be different for you, so take at your own risk. If used responsibly than it may go reasonably unnoticed by the “MAN”.

-- Nera

1. 4/5,
      Great report, good description of terms
      Oct 27, 2011
    2. 4/5,
      Good informative report!
      Jun 6, 2006
    3. 3/5,
      Well done: We need more female perspectives with trip reports
      Feb 10, 2006
    4. 3/5,
      great report
      Jan 11, 2006
  2. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    A mistake was made in this report. The names Nick (B) and Clair (A) weren't supposed to be in the report. They aren't are real names so it doesn't matter, but just so you know, Nick is B and Clair is A.

-- Nera

3. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    It is supposed to be isn't very pleasent. I can't edit my posts, so I'm just going to give remarks.

-- Nera

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    i upgraded you to silver. You can now edit your posts.

5. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I enjoyed your report, and found it to be very similar to my experiences. When you make the tea, you can save the grounds. I used to go ahead and eat them, because that gives the best results for the grounds. Sounds sick, but it works, and it saves money. Now adays I just eat the kratom, because it gives stronger effects, so it takes less.

I have noticed that kratom can bring about anxiety attacks as well, and I think this is due to the stimulent properties of kratom. Mellow, more sedating kratom, seems to bring on less of that anxiety feeling for me. I am not medicated for anxiety issues, but I probably do have anxiety issues hehe.

I have made myself sick on kratom a few times, and it's something you learn NOT TO DO!!! It seems there is a point when kratom will stop producing euphoria, and booster doses will only cause sickness and anxiety. This happens with eating kratom, because the effects are stronger.

One more thing, as you have discovered, alcohol and kratom are a great combo. When I use kratom, 1 beer goes a long way. It has definately cut down on my drinking, so thats a good thing. I just hope the kratom/alcohol combo isn't turning my liver into mush...

6. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Thank you Alfa. Note to add, B made some microwave tea today to test its strength, and his conclusion was correct, it is much weaker. It is obviously because of the time it takes to extract the "goods" for the Kratom leaf. I normally drink alot, but when I do kratom I feel no urge to drink, but I thought a beer would help me sleep, I have insomina. I waited for the kratom to wear off. I drink the sludge at the bottom of the cup, as for eating the leaf, I am weary because of the dose sensitivity of Kratom I have eaten the leaf twice. As for boosters, I found that if you consume raw leaf, a tea booster helps boosts you up nicely. But I'll stick to my tea, milk, honey combo, which I am about to enjoy.

-- Nera (B)

-- Nera

7. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Sorry about the title in all caps, it was a joke, a reference to Japanese comericals, A and B were playing "We Love Katamari". I thought it was funny, and didn't mean to break the rules. It would be funnier if it was flashing colors. ;)

-- Nera

8. neilspotshop

neilspotshop Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    This is just the sort of account I was looking for! I hasnt tried kratom yet but if he can he will be tmoz. thanks

9. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, SWIM still finds all types of tea loathsome! Still really curious to see if anyone else prefers gelcapping powder. SWIM also ate the grounds, and eventually gave up with the tea altogether, but is still not sure if boiling makes the total alkaloid content more bioavailable. I have had the same variety for a long time now and uses 1-2x weekly, and it seems tea is a little stronger, but takes less time to wear off. Capped sometimes doesn't work if taken with a meal, so empty stomach is best since I think that most of the alkaloids are extracted into stomach acid, and the passage of the capsules into the intestines lessens or negates their effect.
    So who here caps their kratom or has compared both routes of ingestion ?

Snapper

10. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    Capping?

I was going to attempt to cap powdered K-Rot but found that it would be about 15 or so pills. That just seems like to much. As for eating, it tastes bad, I mean real bad, you don't get that lifted, and it is WAY to speedy at the end. Tea is good if consumed over a period of 45 min because the buzz seemes to last for about 4 hours. As for the milk thing I was doing before, don't do it. For some reason something leaves the milk and sits at the bottom of your cup all gross. I am not sure the science of it but it is nasty and makes your K-Rot useless. I doesn't do it every time, but swim stopped because it did it enough.

-- Nera

11. skylined

skylined Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    milk + acid from orange tea = curdling :thumbsdown:

12. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    I don't even bother with the tea anymore. waste of cash.

13. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM gelcaps all the time unless the kratom is plain leaf then I willl brew a tea or toss n wash. I recommend 0.5 to 1g of Ultra Enhanced Indo as a first time experience with Kratom an from then on read up and try different administration.