Social - Funny facial expressions when on cocaine

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by booger, Jun 27, 2005.

1. booger

booger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM when he does blow, and uses more that a few lines, starts to get weird lip expressions where he like bites or sucks his lips and clenches his jaw.

Any idea what causes this and how to prevent it?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Most people I know get this from speed actually, when taking too much of it.

Gritting teeth, un-controllable facial tics, can be hilarious to watch
    if you're sober...but also disgusting if you're in the wrong mood.

z.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I get weird facial reactions when I snort too. I kinda enjoy it though. It's like being in some fucked up, warped, satirical world. Coke is a really weird drug I'm starting to think. If it was cheaper I'd love it.

4. frosty

frosty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from earth

Do you realize how many of us here would be dead if it was cheaper? I know I would....Thank god it's expensive[​IMG]

5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    It's just a common stimulant side effect. Your muscles get tense, you tend to move more in all ways (including facial movement). Repetitive thoughts & movements are a side effect of stimulant use.

This used to happen to SWIM a lot, but for some reason rarely does anymore. Happens more often when he's alone, when socializing he tends to "talk off" the energy.Edited by: Nicaine

6. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

ive never actually thought of it like that, but that is my new outlook on kicking the cravings while broke.

7. booger

booger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Wish I could stop doing it though, it is annoying but fun to watch.

8. risexagainst

risexagainst Newbie

Reputation Points:

AMEN!

9. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Not so sure, SWIM might be able to moderate his use if it was cheap. After all, nicotine & alcohol are cheap and he doesn't kill himself on them... so is Kratom, and that can be a pretty strong buzz. He's got a legal script for Klonopins too, and doesn't abuse them.

Probably would become an official addiction tho, something needed to get out of bed in the morning and keep going after lunch, instead of having fun with. That would suck.Edited by: Nicaine

10. Zorpho

Zorpho Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I used to belt up coke but I've grown up but besides the jangles (coming down) aren't worth the short high. I remember that incredible high, and nothing comes close to it.
    Back to the point; I have a good friend who uses coke nearly every day and it must be really good cocaine because his face gets contorted and his eyes stare off into the distance while his tongue hangs out. It's really fucking weird and frightening. He never utters a single word, In the old days I couldn't shut my mouth. When I ask him (after he's back on Earth) where it takes him he tells me that he leaves his body and goes to other galaxies. It must be really exceptional coke. He's offered me some but I just think if it's really good the come down must be awful. There's one way to stop all that facial crap. DON'T DO ANY COKE especially via the needle.

11. Nosferatus

Nosferatus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    I used to get really bad jaw clenching and would constantly lick and rub my lips together, and the faraway look in the eyes is dead on, in my experience all the expressions come from the mouth, everything higher up the face is essentially fixed (I blame the local anaesthetic effect).