Gabatropin(Phenibut) VS GHB

Discussion in 'GHB' started by godismdma, Apr 13, 2006.

1. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Its seems as Gabatropin acts the same way as GHB? Does anyone have expierience with the 2 to give insite into the potency difference? Could it be because GHB doesn't have to go through any changes and breakdowns to effect the brain?

2. zapatista

zapatista Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Phenibut can be enjoyable initially, with effects that are very similar to GHB. This is usually at the 2-3 gram level depending on weight. you have to work wth this substance, as its tricky if you over do it. Be ready for carryover the next day, as it has a long half life. I like to combine phenibut with kava extract to intensify euphoria. If you are going to purchase phenibut, buy the bulk powder instead of gabatropin. Phenibut is not good for daily use.
    As to Phenibut vs GHB:
    Positive for phenibut- legal,cheap, long acting, good for ocassional sleeping problems
    Negative for phenibut-cant be used daily, bodyload, taste terrible
    Positive for GHB- euphoric, dosage is low, short acting
    Negatives for GHB- short acting , need for multiple dosage, danger of overdosing, illegal, addiction
    in closing, most do not like phenibut if they come into it expecting a ghb/gbl like high. If you look at it without reference, its a substance worth exploring.
    Good luck,
    Z

1. 5/5,
      A good compare and contrast.
      Jul 2, 2006
  3. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I have never heard of Gabatropin or Phenibut, can you buy from a health shop?

4. Anabolic Monkey

Anabolic Monkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I haven't tried ghb but have phenibut. It just seemed to give me a drunken feeling. I didn't find it to be very euphoric and tolerance builds up very fast. Be sure not to take too much or it will be one nausiating long shitty time. Phenibut has quite a hangover the next day for me. It's ok to take a small dose now and then to relieve stress and help with sleep .5-3g I would say.

5. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Phenibut in low doses has good antianxiety effects and is useful in that right. It is not a GHB substitute by ANY stretch of the imagination.. I have found nothing that replaces GHB, GBL or 1,4BDO, all of which were very loved and appreciated when still legal and available. I have tried phenibut, l-theanine, GABA and kava, none of which come even close. Is there anything out there that will ever replace these now illegal products that can be purchased? SWIM checked into gammacrotonolactone, GHV and GVL but they seem to no longer available and legality is questionable in the US. Any thoughts ?

Snapper

6. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had GHV years ago just as BDO was being pulled off the market. GHV was sooooooo much harder to get down that stuff also pulled the varnish off the table after being spilled and immediatly wiped up guess thats y they sold GHV in glass bottles!

7. (NS)-M-Lo-Reason

(NS)-M-Lo-Reason Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Do YOU know what you mean?

God I wish this person wasn't banned...

Anyone reading this thread I highly suggest that you take everything stated above with a grain of salt. Some people are biased against fully synthetic substances and, while in a lot of cases it is ideal to stick with plants, keep in mind that strychnine, ricin, abrin, conine, cyanogenic glycosides (the list goes on) are all naturally produced plant products. And I could be wrong but I am fairly certain that most of the "alternatives" mentioned above can and will mess with hormones. And DNA related?? Ummm....

8. dozzy

dozzy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    May I add that Phenibut has none of the prosexual effects that GHB/GBL/BDO do have for most users.

9. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    GHB, GBL and BDO all have one thing in common, GHB binds to the GHB receptors in the brain, GBL becomes GHB in-vivo and binds to the GHB receptors in the brain, BDO, eventually, becomes GHB in-vivo and binds to the GHB receptors in the brain. (also the GABA-B receptors, but with a weaker affinity)

Phenibut doesn't bind to the GHB receptor.

So there's your problem right there.