Oral use - Gagging When Taking DXM

Discussion in 'DXM' started by DxCore, Mar 29, 2006.

1. DxCore

DxCore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I took 27 robo gels last night does any one else start really gagging when taking them? or even before taking them.. any way it was a quite beautiful experience.

(Totally off topic, anyone near where you can see Aurora Borealis have you ever tripped and gone outside? if so whats it like? im sure its amazing)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
  2. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Try drinking some Zicam Nite, then lets talk about gagging ;)
    Anyway, yeah... SWIM gags once in a while, maybe puke. But that's usually with Zicam or other cough syrup (and usually during the come-up. after that all is usually well in the stomache area). Then again SWIM never really tried the gels.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Expectorating one's lunch/dinner/breakfast after a monkey swallows DXM in a psychotropic quantity is quite common. Done rectally, it has the same effect - only from the other end. Tell your monkey to carry a wastebasket.

4. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Tell you what that can have a lasting effect....swims still has trouble swallowing pills due to his massive amount of pill swallowing back when he was on DXM...to this day its hard to try and swallow a pill without gagging....sucks

5. M3th

M3th Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When SWIM finally took 40 Robogels, he downed the first 20, 5 at a time. After that he could barely swallow 2 at a time.

I used to think that the people that say that just by lookin at the bottles now make them gag, so does SWIM now. SWIM now understands how they felt.

6. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I find the same thing to be true. At first I could down an entire bottle of robo like it was a joke. Put some water in it, swish it around and make sure he got everything. After just seeing the bottles made him gag, he was off to the RoboGels. He ate these in handfulls. Usually 4-6 at a time. Doses anywhere from 300mg all the way up to mid 7's or 8's. Now when he has to take a pill if there is any thought of tripping, SWIM becomes sick to his stomach. But over time it gets easier. It's been well a long time sense I had agood night like that, and he can finally check someone out with robo at the place he works with out gagging, the only thing now is, i cant see it after i checked it out, if it is sloshing round the bottle and coating the sides, that's enough to send me over.

Muirner

7. Aaron

Aaron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It really does get to be nasty. I used to dose with 40 robogels, now he gags thinking about the pills and cringes at the thought of syrup. Zycam night...I believe it was once described on these boards as the "jizz of Satan". SWIM concurs with that comparison, by far one of the nastier things he has ever tasted. Mouthwash and toothpaste are your friends :)

SWIM's brother mentioned that with dry DXM, rolling it in a fruit rollup and swallowing it whole works well.

8. XPhishHeadX23

XPhishHeadX23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Can't ingest DXM products anymore?

Swim first started using DXM about two years ago and when he started it was aslways a fun trip and never had many bad side effects. Swim used to take DXM as many times as twice a day. After about a year of heavy DXM use he stopped using it for awhile. Now it has been two years and swim can't even take a regular dose of any kind of cold medecine without throwing up. Swim can make himself throw up even to this day only by thinking about taking cold medecine. He really wants to trip again but its like his body rejects even the though of DXM. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to overcome it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
  9. Aaron

Aaron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I once wondered the same thing, and SWIM gave me this advice:

Order pure DXM powder online and take it that way, the trip is better anyways. You could make pills out of the powder, or just mix it in juice and drink, though it will taste nasty like that as well.

The other method is to do an extraction to obtain the pure DXM. There is an easy acid based abstraction you can do on syrup with lemon juice (see: agent lemon extraction). The sucretes containing DXM can be dissolved and the powder can be filtered that way as well. These methods are covered in detail on these forums.

A pure DXM trip feels much better, in SWIM's opinion. Not needing to worry about inactives and nasty syrup makes it more enjoyable.