gbl - blood pressure

Discussion in 'GHB' started by psilocybin, Jan 12, 2007.

1. psilocybin

psilocybin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    I have been hitting the gbl pretty hard recently, he finds that it helps with anxiety due to recent personal problems. SWIM hears that gbl lowers blood pressure when on it and when dopamine rebound kicks in it goes up. however I has found blood pressure seems constanty very high and he is starting to have withdrawel like symptoms after very short time. SWIM keeps dosing very frequently. maybe 1.5- 2.0ml every 30mins to an hour. I know this is very stupid but fear of difficult withdrawel and knowing that it does help with personal problems makes me not want to stop.

mainly I would like to know whats up with blood pressure, he has been mildly hypertensive before but levels are too high to be unrelated to gbl use. in addition to this any withdrawel tips? ive heard of people goin to rehab but this seems totally unnecesary for something like gbl as it doesnt take long to come off it really. alcohol and weed seem like an idea as I dont have access to things like valium easily.

2. MushiMushi

MushiMushi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    How long is he using gbl ?? If its longer then a year he should better get some pills for Diazepam or something.

Swim used gbl for about a year long on and off, he ordered a 250ml botle and used it day and night. The bottle would last a week or 3 en then he would go cold turkey.
    Swim says its the first day thats the worst,he would crawl into bed and stay there for the rest of the day and night, never sleeping for longer then 2 hours.
    He would also have swraty palms and high blood presure, but only for the first day.
    After that you have litle withdrawls for the next 2 days but nothing big realy.
    Swim now knows, that using always the same small dose will not get you any any withdrawls. Swim recomends stopping in the day and dont use your last dose to get some sleep, cause you feel twice a bad when you wake up from dopamine rebound .

3. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    1.5/2ml every 30 mins to an hour 24/7 is a pretty serious state of affairs my friend. I understand that You may be finding relief from his anxiety but that is going to be a heavy burden to quit from if You hasn't dealt with the cause of his anxiety first.

My friend I would recommend You convert his GBL to GHB and maintain for a week or so on that and begin to taper off his use as that is going to be less harsh than coming off straight GBL by all accounts.

Having researched withdrawal in respect of both GBL and GHB, tapering off is seen as a relatively straightforward method and easier to accomplish although there is a fair amount of anecdotal evidence to suggest that straight GBL is harder to come off hence the recommendation to convert.

4. psilocybin

psilocybin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    that dosage was literally just for the past couple of days when things got really sucky. ironically the withdrawel like symptoms actually seemed to get worse then better when he cut down his usage. not sure how well i explained that. I dont really even understand how he could have ended up with such frequent doses. I am back to fairly high level use rather than crazy use like before. he doesnt really have too much problem with it other than the overly relaxed attitude towards uni it gives him.

5. garbled

garbled Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    Had a GF once who insisted on staying just on the light side of buzzed using GBL. She took less more frequently, similar to the story above. Her dose was about 1ml every 45 minutes to an hour.

I tried explaining to her that for every molecule of GBL she consumed, her body forfeited one molecule of hydrogen to convert it to GHB, and that causing her body to be constantly under hydrogenase, she was not giving her body time to replace the hydrogen molecules. The result is acidosis.

Acidocis can raise blood pressure, as can anxiety. Acidosis can bring on anxiety as well as physical addiction. I told her if she was going to use GBL to take the dose that would give her the maximum effect with the least frequency in redosing or switch to GHB, thereby saving her hydrogen.

Did she listen to me? No. That would have made too much sense. She ended up massively addicted and spent 5 weeks in rehab. To each her own. But I don't recommend "minute dosing" to anyone.

1. 4/5,
      Good point raised about GBL and acidosis - one to investigate further I believe on the GHB v GBL issue
      Jan 16, 2007
  6. psilocybin

psilocybin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    hm can't see SWIM goin to rehab. swims come off it b4. anyway I will be out tonight. i hear acidosis can cause muscle pains.. I has noticed mild pains in legs after hevy use, related?

swim wud also like to add he does not condone this type of use, the above poster has many good points