GBL ingestion

Discussion in 'GHB' started by kreden, Feb 21, 2007.

1. kreden

kreden Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I got gbl. it's purity is >=99%. I has lot's of experience with other drugs, especially downers, but no with gbl.

1. may be gbl used i.v. or not? what about ghb?
    2. how to mask that horrible taste?
    3. dosage?
    4. is better idea to make ghb from gbl and than use ghb instead of gbl?
    5. is ghb taste any better than gbl?

thank you for your answers.

2. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    In future please UTFSE - most if not all of swiy's questions have been answered before.

1. In Europe, GHB is available in a liquid for injection where it is used as a general anesthetic for children, but I am unsure if this GHB is different to street GHB, and she wouldn't encourage anyone to be the first to find out. GBL cannot be injected, it is mildly caustic and would be very dangerous if not deadly.

2. I find powdered drink mix and water or cordial to be the best. The more mix You uses the nicer the taste.

3. Dosage is different for everybody, generally this is between 1.5 and 2.5mils, best to start low and work out swiy's own dosage.

4. GBL converts into GHB in the body, using natural enzymes that are already in the body. When diluted in water GBL is nontoxic.

5. Yes. GHB tastes like salty water, GBL tastes like a solvent.

3. MrMouse

MrMouse Newbie

Reputation Points:
    GBL+Solvent (H2O) = Alkali it's not nuetral so wash your GI tract with water.

Do not IV GBL or GHB!!

4. kreden

kreden Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    dear losturl!

I UTFSE but data found are nontraditional. Look here: you say that "In Europe GHB is available in a liquid for injection" but MrMous "Do not IV GBL or GHB". so, my question still remains whether ghb may be iv or not?

p.s. swim just measured pH of gbl and it is 8.1. Will see what will be the pH of ghb.

5. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Does You have any sources about the GHB for injection? I know it was used as a anesthetic in the past, and is sometimes prescribed for narcolepsy, but never heard that it's still in use as an anesthetic, I am very curious about that.

6. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I don't know if the GHB for injection is specially formulated for that purpose, so DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! As far as a source, do a search for "The Demonization of GHB" by Ward Dean MD

7. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Can you explain what you mean by GBL+Solvent (H2O) = Alkali? It doesn't make any sense in that GBL is an acidic solvent and H2O is simply water.

To answer the IV question, GBL is NOT suitable for IV as it is an acidic substance whereas GHB is stable and relatively pH neutral.

GHB has been used IV as an anesthetic in medicine but I fail to see why anyone would want to use that method for rec use as there would be no benefit.

For converting GBL to GHB and dosing advice see: https://drugs-forum.com/threads/26198

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  8. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    GHB intravenous is pretty safe according to ceri:

http://www.ceri.com/ghbpage.shtml

But gbl is extremely dangerous if you put a single drop of it in your tongue you will realize why (don't do it). I think there is no lab that manufactures IV vials of GHB. Xyrem is liquid intended for oral use.

I assume that if someone cooked GHB and do the purification method, check the ph and make it perfect, could use it IV but it will be playing russian roulette anyway.

I'm still waiting for someone to report a rectal experience with GHB, which would be a definitely safer method.

9. MrG

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/26427?highlight=ghb+rectal

It didn't work very well apparently. Apart from my initial mistake (not paying attention) in thinking his lab monkey was using GBL, I don't actually see why a good batch (pH balanced) of GHB would have been difficult to hold rectally.

Although I wonder what benefits, if any, there would be in rectal administration. Any other you's who fancy giving it a try could post a comparison report.

10. MrG

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    bumpity bump