GBL too strong!!

Discussion in 'GHB' started by oggy, Nov 28, 2005.

1. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    This post was edited because it:

A) Was written in the first person - Self-Incrimination.

B) Was an awful story.

C) This thread now works incredibly well as an example of the need *not* to ingest GBL and, as a bonus, informs people of the dangers of misusing ethanol with, pretty much everything.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
    1. 3/5,
      such an irrisponisble post.
      Jan 15, 2006
  2. oggy

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I don't like to use it as a sleep aid as he just wakes up 3-4 hours later.

How long does a GBL hangover last? SWIM's head feels all stuffed up and his body is in pain. The stuffy head feeling is the worst how can he make it go away!! Its probably just a mixture of all the drink, coke, gbl and dancing that took place on friday night/sat morning.

He felt so good as well on friday, its always the same with him, by friday he'll be on top of the world again, hehe!

Hmmm maybe SWIM might make his GBL into GHB for his health, he has never had a hangover from GHB. In fact GHB is better for sleep and doesn't mess you up as much. Damn if only I was SWIM[​IMG]

3. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:

Dude! Drinking + GBL == The Lose!

Had any more pleasent experiences when you haven't been trollied since?
    (I know you might not have 'felt' that trollied as often coke tends to
    sober people up, but drinking all night and through till when the posty
    turns up, and then GBL is not cool!) [​IMG]

4. oggy

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I find drink andGHB a great mix, GBLis not so good. GBL is acidic and so is alcohol witch makes it such a bad mix and gives you mega hangovers.

5. estel

estel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Best way to take gbl

SWIM find that the best way to take gbl is just to put it in some "000" size gelatin capsules . The gbl stays in them for ages and you don't get any of the nasty taste, allegedly.

Why is gbl more toxic than ghb? I have always found it a clean buzz himself. I haven't researched this before because erowid doesn't have much info on this, so i would appreciate a reply.

Estel

6. DJ-666

DJ-666 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    GBL is not toxic(it isnt toxic at all) like other things but its much much harder for your stomach and liver than GHB. So better convert it although it tastes like hell - so damned salty that you maybe regurgitate a little

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Drinking with coke is dumb and DANGEROUS. you know what's more dumb and dangerous? mixing gbl/ghb/14b with ALCOHOL.

1. 5/5,
      Old post mate, but well deserved after this thread got transformed into advice instead of a "hero" story.
      Nov 21, 2008
  8. oggy

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

What the hell? Taking any drug could be dumb a dangerous. Nothing wrong with mixing drugs man.

9. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

oggy- you're right, there's nothing wrong with mixing many drugs. however you do need to do some research. mixing cocaine and alcohol is TOXIC. it will cause your liver to make a substance called cocaethylene, which will stay in your body for several days and causes considerable damage to your cardiovascular system and liver. and the reason GHB and GBL and 14B is no longer accepted even at illegal raves, where other drugs are accepted, is because stupid people mix it with alcohol and slip into coma/death.

Wait, I'm gonna be a dick and elaborate a bit more, and say you're not right at all. 'taking any drug could be dumb and dangerous' is simply not true. there are MANY drugs thta if done properly are 100% safe and not dumb at all. :p for example, marijuana, cocaine in moderation, mdma in moderation, lsd if not combined with other things, mushrooms if not on MAOIs, and the list goes on and on. The dumb and dangerous part is mixing large ammounts of alcohol with cocaine, which is horrible for you, and then while the alcohol is still in your system taking some GHB ... which is what caused GHB to be known as a 'date rape drug' and could cause death.

In the future you will have a much better time with these substances seperately, I assure you of that.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
    1. 4/5,
      Excellent information all around
      Mar 30, 2011
    2. 3/5,
      very well put - excellent
      Mar 30, 2011
    3. 3/5,
      Nice and realistic input.
      Jul 15, 2010
    4. 4/5,
      Excellent information
      Jul 25, 2009
    5. 3/5,
      Good harm-reduction advice.
      May 11, 2009
  10. ironchemist

ironchemist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Pink is absolutelty right. GHB and alcohol are both cns depressants and mixing the two will cause shallow breathing followed by coma. The most lethal combination however would be GHB and xanax as the two most potent depressants have taken the lives of more than one of swims acquintances.
    Consider the fact that the right dosage of G can put you unconscience within minutes. Mixing that with any other depressant is foolish to say the least.

1. 3/5,
      good show
      Jan 19, 2006
  11. oggy

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Wow swim never new that about cocaine. Thanks for the info. I don't like coke then as he can't take it on its own he needs a drink to put him in the right mood and to take the paranoia away. Swim really has to have a drink before taking most drugs as it gives him the confidence to take them.

Is GHB and coke ok to mix? GHB has an alcohol effect so could he use that before he has some coke?

12. anjin

anjin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from cote_divoire
    Cocaine and GHB is SWIM's favorite combination. Those two are just made for one another :)

For SWIM, G takes the edge of coke.

13. 120mg

120mg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    One problem with mixing speed/coke with GHB is that you can take silly amounts of G and not pass out.

To the degree that you should be unconcious but the stimulants keep you on your feet.

We call it 'Auto-pilot-mode' over here.

It can get psychotic.

It is SWIM's favourite mix though :p

14. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    get that through your thick heads please kids.

15. oggy

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Dont be a knob end. TAKING ANY DRUGS IS STUPID!! Oh lets all be sensible and take one little toke or pint at one time, oh no sorry can't I've had a coffee today.

16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Me thinks a few of these geniuses will continue to roll the dice no matter how clear the evidence is that mixing GHB and cousins is tantamount to playing Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic pistol. I guess they can take it up with Darwin himself soon enough.

17. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Oggy, I recall a thread where someone thought you were self destructive. It has become appearent that you are not self destructive, you are just either to drugged up, or to fucking stupid. Combining different drugs can be rewarding, as long as you avoid the combinations that can be deadly. For the most part, its common sense. GHB and related substances, such as GBL, should not be mixed with alcohol. Sure, people do it and nothing happens, but many of those people do it again and again. Eventually, people get burned.

By all means, continue with your combos, but don't bash people for making a good point. Some combinations are excessively risky, and should be avoided, no matter what you may think. And taking drugs is not necessarily stupid. If someone is on IV drip morphine after being hit by a car, are they stupid??? Is someone stupid for having a drink at a bar? Obviously you must not think highly of yourself, because here you are taking drugs. Your manner of taking drugs is quite stupid though, obviously you fail to evaluate the pros and cons of your actions.

It's your body, do what you want, but please write a trip report when you end up in a hospital.

Nago, just know it's for the best.

1. 4/5,
      Beautifully written points on harm reduction, esp in regards to combinations
      Mar 30, 2011
    2. 5/5,
      Old post, but still a valuable piece of advice.
      Nov 21, 2008
  18. discodave

discodave Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    sorry to bump this old thread, I had no idea mixing coke with alcohol was excessively toxic and thinks this should be more prominent. taking coke with alcohol is extremely common and I has never, ever heard that before. I did that for years. swim may have done it anyway but it would have been nice to know.

1. 5/5,
      Glad you brought that into the light, it is definitely something that deserves more attention ;)
      Nov 21, 2008
  19. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    You're right dave, it should be more prominent.

I'll see about getting a sticky done for the cocaine forum.

If you do a search on cocaethylene here you'll see all you need to know about it. I had the same response when he first read it and, once he swapped the ethanol for GHB *all* his coke fiending stopped and the "morning after's" felt soooooo much better. Then, get this, he ended up going off coke completely!

But this is no surprise, there is well documented evidence of GHB's mode of action helping with many addiction issues.

Oh, wait a minute, sorry. GHB is the devil's water right? It's the date rape drug that, strangely, if used in the quantities needed to make someone unresponsive to an assault, it is likely to kill them. As it did when used by people who had been told that it was *the* perfect date-rape drug. Who told these people this information? Oh yes, them.

Now, I thought I knew about GHB but it would seem our multi-national brewery conglomerates, erm, I mean governments, know better. Silly me. Good job they set about banning that evil marijuana during the 20th century too. Wonder why? No, I don't need to worry, they'll do the worrying for me.

To paraphrase Bill:
    "Go back to bed people, there is nothing to be concerned about, we have figured it all out. Go back to bed people, here, have gallons of ethanol to poison your bodies with, here, talk heroically about *just* how bad you feel the next morning as your body desperately tries to cope with the toxic after-effects. Go back to bed people, we've banned that evil GHB for *you*, a date-rape drug that, whilst reams and reams of independent research exists proving ethanol to be *the* date-rape drug and that GHB is entirely unsuitable given that people can still be roused from a pharmacological dose meaning that evil-druggy-rapist(tm) would need to use an amount likely to kill their victim, thus demonstrating its entire unsuitability as a drug for the purposes of sexual-assault, we'll still say that GHB is the bad molecule.

Go back to bed people, we have decided for you.

Keep repeating after me:
    You are free, to do as we tell you!
    You are free, to do as we tell you!
    You are free, to do as we tell you! . . . ."

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
    1. 4/5,
      Very evocative
      Jul 25, 2009
  20. kimotag

kimotag Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Not really , more like a mix of mdma and drink or some other depressent drug or at least thats how swim experiences it. He finds gbl more buzzy and euphoric but does'nt indulge very often!

kimotag added 7 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I agree with this and other posts. Most of us know those who have taken just that bit more G and have fallen asleep. mix that with alchohol and you are getting into dangerous territory. Perhaps some people need a scare or two before wising up. Waking up in a strange place with several hours missing having pissed/shat yourself should do it for most people who want to keep dancing on the edge!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008