1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - Gee's Linctus

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by poppies_for_life, Feb 1, 2010.

1. poppies_for_life

poppies_for_life

Reputation Points:
    :thumbsup:While in a town where the pharmacists don't know him, SWIM's first thought was to go and get some DXM cough syrup. However, he then decided to try and see if they would sell him Gee's Linctus, a tincture of opium sold as a cough remedy which is kept under the counter in the UK. SWIM heard about the cough linctus from speaking to another user at an addiction drop-in, anyway The woman at the pharmacy counter sells SWIM the cough linctus and it only costs XXXX. It is a 500ml bottle of 0.082% opium dissolved in squill [vinegar] linctus so its pretty awful to drink (worse than beylin dry coughs in SWIM's opinion). SWIM downed the bottle and felt an interesting high stronger than poppy tea but with less euphoria. When he got home he smoked some weed and it made for a really pleasant buzz together. SWIM wonderes if any SWIY's have experience of this under-the-counter opium cough-remedy and what their thoughts were

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
  2. bubbly nubs

bubbly nubs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    So does this bottle contain 41mg of opium? Is it worth buying for the price? 41mg of opium really isnt much.

3. Dickon

Dickon

Reputation Points:
    The bottle is 200ml not 500ml and contains 32mg morphine. It is borderline emetic at the dose of one bottle, and I'd think gagging two down without vomiting would be unlikely, unless you had a very strong constitution. I'm not quite sure what the health risks of Squill are, but my cat has managed to down a bottle of this stuff in the past on a number of occasions.

4. poppies_for_life

poppies_for_life

Reputation Points:
    I'm sure this bottle was 500ml, ive seen 200ml ones for sale on the internet produced by Care+ but this was a Boots one and it was bigger

5. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
  6. blink1989

blink1989 Silver Member

Reputation Points:

What, for XXXX?! I think SWIM would happily pay that for some opium.

Has anyone here heard of Gee's Linctus pastilles? Apparently it has the same active ingredients ( unknown quantity thow) and it can also be bought for less that XXXX

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
  7. welshmick

welshmick

Reputation Points:
    Swim says:

My local chemist say they don't stock it anymore.

It was the dogs bollox for a tickly cough, thats all I used it for.

I think Howard Marks, glugging from a bottle during his stand up show has not helped the situation.

But then again,

I can only buy 32 co-codomol.

I can't but Kaline & Morphine for dodgy tummy.

The stablishment knows best :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
  8. Erytheia

Erytheia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM used to drink down a bottle maybe 3 days in an average week before a day of smoking pot. She was just here to say that it's not, actually, just opium tincture in squill vinegar. It's opium tincture in a syrup (just sugar and water) with enough squill vinegar to flavour and (ISRC) four uk units of alcohol to thin the mixture.

This is the Boots brand version which SWIM hasn't been able to obtain for a very long time now. All other gee's linctus she's been able to source has slightly less opium and slightly more alcohol and has never produced recreational results from a single 200ml bottle.

While even the Boots branded recipe didn't have a huge amount of opium in a single bottle, SWIM found the amount of alcohol was just right to potentiate the effects. Also, the cost of a bottle was hugely cheaper than it was possible to obtain four units in alcoholic drinks and it tasted delicious. Sweet and liquorice-y.