general effects

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by sands of time, Jun 5, 2005.

1. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    It seems that everyone has a different reaction from smoking pot. I'm interested in what everyones effects are like.

I do not use much, but when he does, he generally gets two kinds of highs; a very cloudy, almost empty headed high or a very clear headed high which does not impair his thinking abilities. The clear headed high is his favorite, as he feels the body buzz and the mental buzz, but he does not come across as a stupid stoner when he engages in conversation. I find music to be excellent. Sex is also much better when high. The blood flow is greatly improved and the sense of touch is amplified. Paranoia can take over, but in a relaxed environment, this is not a problem. Overall the effects are unique and enjoyable, without any type of crash, hangover, or other negative effects of other drugs.Edited by: sands of time

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I smoke pretty heavily (everyday almost for the past 3 years) and there's two distinct levels of being high for me. The standard one is the slightly giddy, brain-fried effect which really isn't that satisfying.

Then there's the occasional full-on physical high if I stumble across something really potent. I don't value anything as much as decent weed. Getting some Snow White tonight. Can't wait. [​IMG]

3. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I find exactly the same Liam. That second high is the one I always strive for, though it's becoming rarer nowadays.

I find either

1. I just become really lethargic, inwardly focused and emotionally deadened or

2. I feel relaxed, but everything seems fantastically interesting,
    senses are enhanced, any social insecurities become meaninless, I get
    the giggles and that lovely psychedelic shimmer or sparkle covers my
    surroundings, colours are enhanced and I generally feel like I am
    having a great time. It's almost my favourite drug at this point
    because there are no real down sides, or at least not the downsides you
    get with E (sweating, jaw clenching, muscle aches, sleeplessness,
    emotional comedown) or coke (wears off very quickly then you just feel
    tried and irritable and crave more), or the feeling that you've been on
    an exhausting journey as with mushrooms.

4. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The one i get more frequently is just a very stoney high. I feel relaxed, high, but i also get pretty tired after a couple of hours and unwilling to move around. The best thing to do then is just to read a book of play a little bit of guitar. Chill out, and smoke some more when it starts to wear off.

My favourite high however is the buzzing and energetic one. I feel warm, not tired at all, relaxed, good moodlift, everything seems nice. Thats a high to spend your day on. This type of high i get only sometimes though, for some reason. But when i eat the weed, i get it gauranteed. The wonderful body high and all. Senses are increased, it feels like gentle waves are washing over you.

At that point weed is the greatest drug in the world. You can take as much of it as you want without bad effects, just like Ramjet said. Most frequently though, i get the first type of stoney high. Wich is better than nothing, but the second one is 100 times nicer.

5. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Everybody has Both types of High ... me too.

I do not vaporize every day (maybe 3 days a week). I usually use it before I have a social engagement. Most of the rest of the time, I use it with a psychedelic (as a base I can come back to, for a rest).

A lot of the time (with years of practice) I can predict which High I will have. Good preparation is important for me. But of course, at least 25% of the time, it doesn't go as planned.

I plan ahead of time to have an alert, excited, happy time. I think about what I want to get accomplished (things to say, things to ask) before I go. This takes a lot of the pressure off of me. It helps me stay in that Phase 2 experience. When I know what I want, the pot feeds me the zip to get it done.

Also, when I am happy (and excited) it helps others be open with me, and more likely to listen to me (and care about what I think).

Other days, I am looking for a distraction (from people, situations). Pot can fill the bill here, too. While I'm adding fuel, I remind myself that I would just as soon be somewhere else (at least mentally). This helps invite the body heaviness (along with only using an Indica strain on those days).

The way my system works, an Indica strain is felt mostly in my body. The Sativa strains (as a whole) give my psyche a boost; this, in turn, can give my body a BIG boost ... I am thinking clearly, I am full of excitement, which makes everything I do a little easier.

6. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    hmmmm that's interesting, I never thought about the effect of set and
    setting on pot, which is a little stupid of me really seeing as it is a
    psychoactive drug. I've been doing it for so long I don't usually even
    think about set and setting, I just spark up.

I love the sativa strains too, I think every pot smoker does, but it's
    harder to grow yourself on account of the size of the plant. The
    indica strain is much more managable.

Edited by: ramjet

7. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Unfortunately with hash it doesn't tend to make a difference wich strain it is. Or wich one it is at all.

8. Explotation

Explotation Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I love getting high, but it always kind of freaks me out at first. Let me give you a situation. There was some one to the left of me and some one to the right, were passing a blunt around hitting it really hard. It's dark out and we can't really see that well. Were done passing it around after I have had about 9 hits. I feel nothing, I just prepare myself what little I can for what is about to happen. I blank out for three seconds and then I find myself standing across from were I was. Obviously when I "blanked out" I walked there but I don't remeber it one bit seconds after I walked there. I look at the moon over the lake and everything is so clear, it's like watching a high deffinition tv but even more clear. I know I am high and I tell myself that, I can drift in out of reality if I need to talkto some one, or just go back to walking around or sitting down feeling my high. But while looking at something for more than 2 seconds everything starts shaking slow, then rapidly fast, then slows down and stops. This happens a lot for some reason. I also tend to lose my balance when I am high. But when I smoke, it takes a while then BAM the high hit's me like a wall every time. Edited by: Explotation

9. shneddi

shneddi Newbie

Reputation Points:

lol!

you lucker fucker !

i wish weed did that too me, the rest of us have to take mushrooms![​IMG]

10. Explotation

Explotation Newbie

Reputation Points:
    [​IMG]I thought it was a first time ordeal, but it happend EVERY time over and over and hasn't stoped.

11. potsmokingpimp

potsmokingpimp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    For me i get whatever kind of high that i want. MJ messes with your mind set and i believe that it does for you whatever you want it to. If im going to a club it hypes me up, if i am mad it pisses me off more, It is really up to you. if i am just sitting around at home it relaxes me and clears my mind of stressful things.

12. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i get a few i guess. I smoke every day and have for a while (year
    maybe less). I either get a very energetic high where i find myself
    bouncing along to ac/dc and singing and just being clear and
    high. Or i get a high where i wanna chill in my room and watch
    funny videos. Every so often i get the dull high like described
    above.

13. amd6568

amd6568 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    wtf is that haha. SWIM told SWIM'S friend that while stoned and SWIM laughed for like 20 minutes from those 3 words.