Generic and Name Brand.

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by HeroInV, Jan 28, 2005.

1. HeroInV

HeroInV Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have read that generic oxycontin cant be injected, and just in general that generic is not even nearly as potent as name brand medication. I DID notice that generic vicidon is shit... What other generics are not worth buying?

2. Orbitz

Orbitz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have always been one to buy the generics. I have not found a difference.

I know this is a touchy subject for some. I don't have the same amount
    of experience as many on this forum, but I have been an oxy and hydro
    user for 16 months now. I have tried most brands along with their
    generics and I continue to purchase the generics when I have the
    chance. Lately I have been using Watson 10s.

I feel you will find mixed feelings on this subject. IMHO generics are just as potent.

Bitz

3. HeroInV

HeroInV Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the only generics i can think ive taken were, vicidon and norco. Norco was good but the vicidon just gave me a stomach ache. But then again i have a pretty good tolerance.

4. smilla

smilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    generic dilaudad is much less potent than regular

5. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Generic dillys are just as potent as the reals its just that u cant cook em. I have no idea what the extras in the genericsare thatmake em uncookable, but i do know u shouldfilter em real good. Thegeneric 4s are way worse than the generic 8s for extra goop.What i started doing with the generics is pulling the wash into the same dart instead of saving it for later.

then i went back to saving the wash cuz thepills are getting so damn expensive on the street. Friggin physicians councils

1. 4/5,
      True statement that generics and original scripts are equivalent.
      Aug 2, 2016
  6. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There can't be a difference in potency between generics and name brands, or doctors wouldn't know how much they're scripting. The FDA and AMA wouldn't put up with that either, they're dicks about the smallest thing. Binders would be the only difference.

7. justin77

justin77 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    generic and name brand drugs have exactly the same active ingredients, its united states law.

8. gremlin182

gremlin182 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    But how the ingredients are bound togther with the inert ingreients is where the patents differ, and in biochemical terms inside the human body, that difference is huge, sot ath is why generics can affect people differently, even different generics of the same name brnad of say, Tramadol, affect SWIM differnetly,

9. slicli

slicli Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have to agree, generics have the exact same effect as the name brand, they have too...you would get sick if you had any idea how much money goes into making things identical.

any and all perceived differneces between name brand and generic are just that...perceived placebo...which i too have experienced.