Gentle Stimulant (Amphetamin)?

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Joepublic, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Joepublic

Joepublic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi! I just joined the forums, and had a question. Please bear with me as it's kind of longwinded [​IMG]. I've had problems with depression ever since I was about 14, and I'm currently 19. I've tried sertraline,
    with pretty good success, but couldn't live with the side effects
    (rashes, bad acne and weight gain). I'm currently taking a 50mg 5-HTP
    supplement (with B vitamins and Valerian Root) before bed to boost my
    serotonin/melatonin to help me get some REM sleep, which relieves my
    depression. But a problem that neither the sertraline or 5-HTP
    addresses is a kind of daytime drowsiness. My energy level is fine, but
    I can't wake up! Caffeine helps a little bit, but not enough, even with
    a pot of coffee. My glands are in order, and I'm not anemic, it just
    seems to be a permanent side effect of my chemical imbalance. I was
    wonderning if there was something in the amphetamin family, that was
    stronger than caffeine (I know, an alkaloid), but not as strong or
    addictive as methamphetamin, that I could take in the morning and have
    last for about 12-16 hours. Thanks in advance!</font>

2. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Pretty much the only thing that is going to last anywhere near 12 hours is meth, and that's a definite maybe with a high dose and lowtolerance.

I don't know much about amphetamines other than meth, but I guess Adderal (amphetamine isomers) or Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) would work for you, but no amphetamine is a "gentle stimulant" as you worded it in the topic title. These two definitely are not as strong as meth and probably not quite as addictive, but they are still both strong and they are both addictive, which definitely comes into play if you plan on taking one every morning. You may not ever desire to do more than just that one pill perday at first, but soon you may find yourself unable to make it through the day without it; then there's the tolerance that will come from dosing daily, and with that the desire to use more than just that one pill per day. And thus, the beginning cycle of addiction. Not saying of course that this will 100% happen to you, but happens to a hell of a lot of people...you just have to make sure and monitor your use and be able to cut it off completely if you find yourself falling into an addictive pattern (not as easy as it sounds, especially with amphetamine).

3. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    "But a problem that neither the sertraline or 5-HTP addresses is a kind of daytime drowsiness. My energy level is fine, but I can't wake up!"

And I'm not sure if you know this or not, but constant daytime drowsiness/minor fatigued feeling even when you are well-rested is still a symptom of depression, even if you are in a good mood and seem to have a lot of energy. And something I missed before, since you are dealing with depression, the risk of amphetamine addiction (or addiction of any kind) is much greater.

4. The_Paranoid

The_Paranoid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was born with a disease called manic depression. I've litterally went through any anti-depressant out there. Highest dosage and everything, Lexapro seemed to work but once I started Meth, I had to stop taking my anti-depressant because the mixture can be fatal. What Meth does is what a anti-depressant does, send serotin to the brain. Meth does that, what takes a anti-depressant 2 months, in one night. But the serotin all goes at one time, meaning after you've done it and the high has gone away your fucked because now theres no serotin going to your brain and that happend to me. Very, very bad depression that I had to keep doing it because the depression was so bad I couldn't wait for the pill to take 2 months to start feeling full side effects. My advice, just stick with the bad side effects and stay away from this drug if you have a depresion problem, especially since it's already known to 'cause depression. Anyway Meth can keep you up for as many hours to 16. Sometimes i'll do it Saturday and not be able to go to sleep until Monday night. No sleep+depression= emtional and physical pain.