Effects - Getting Good Visuals from Psilocybin Mushrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by stndguy, Mar 9, 2004.

1. stndguy

stndguy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am about to get my hands on 1/4 ounce of good shrooms. I have done them before but have never seen the visuals everyone talks about. The last time I just ate a bunch and just felt like i was stoned. What do i need to do to see the best visuals?

2. Ebeneezer

Ebeneezer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Firstly, I presume these are dried right? If they're fresh shrooms you won't feel anything for that dosage. To hit some crazy visuals you'll want to do about 30-40 g of fresh and 3-4g of dried. Don't overdo it if you're new to them though...they can be intimidating...

3. acid king

acid king Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i don't understand i thought they were better fresh, why do you need to take 10 fold the dosage?

4. ThaNewJimJones

ThaNewJimJones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ihave never done shrooms before but I am pretty sure it'sbecause the water ratio is 10/1 in fresh shrooms. if u take 30g of fresh it's the same as 3g of dried.

5. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    That's correct. Shrooms aren't as good for visuals as acid, but if you take enough, I garauntee you the walls will start to melt.

6. pseudologist

pseudologist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Don't ever screw around with fresh mushrooms if you are "unsure" of the ratios. Unless you are absolutely sure, dont touch them, dry them first. Fresh mushrooms are in no way "better" then dried.

Fast for 6 hours before taking them. Make 3 grams into a tea, drink the tea AFTER eating the rest of your 1/4. Wait 1.5 hours and watch the world melt away.

7. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Doses for experienced people. First timers take half to still enjoy it. You can alway take more, never take less:

Mexican (Psilocybe cubensis): 30 grams fresh = 2.5 grams dry. The ratio is 12 -> 1

Hawaiian (Panaeolus cyanescens/tropicalis or Psilocybe copelandia): 10 grams fresh = 0.7 grams dry. The ratio is 14 -> 1

there are many other psilocybe mushrooms with other dosages and effects. Then there also areamanita mushrooms.

When you dry shrooms, the psilocibin is converted to psilocin. This is why fresh mushrooms are more energetic and dry mushrooms more lazy and stoned. Dry mushrooms are easier in dosage as a fresh mushrooms contains a variable amount of water between 85 and 93%. Sosomewhere between 15 and 7% of a fresh mushroom when you dont countwater. This means one fresh mushroom can be more than twice as potent as the next!