1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Culture - Getting High . The history of LSD

Discussion in 'LSD' started by quantumbrujo, Jun 5, 2006.

1. quantumbrujo

quantumbrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Dec 18, 2005
    53 y/o
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2007
  2. Philomel

Philomel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jun 3, 2006
    Hey, that was really interesting and informative, thanks for posting the URL. I’d recommend watching it, though preferably not when one has a 3,000-word undergraduate paper on Shakespearean comedy due the next day (I am procrastinating).

I knew many bits and pieces of LSD’s history, but that documentary linked them all together nicely and filled in the gaps. I didn’t know the stuff about the experiments that the CIA did, but I’m not surprised. I liked the things that Grace Slick said, she is awesome.

The most striking thing to me was how the wave of student radicalism immediately followed the period in which LSD-use was at its peak. It is interesting to ponder whether the two are directly related somehow, though I am skeptical. What do other people think about that?
  3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Oct 16, 2005
    from U.K.
    Philomel: If You wants to know more about the history of LSD try: Acid Dreams - the complete social history of LSD, the CIA, the sixties and beyond (Martin Lee and Bruce Schlain).

Quantumbrujo: The file archive is the place for you's film clip: Why not upload it there?