Culture - Getting High . The history of LSD

Discussion in 'LSD' started by quantumbrujo, Jun 5, 2006.

1. quantumbrujo

quantumbrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    54 y/o
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2007
  2. Philomel

Philomel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey, that was really interesting and informative, thanks for posting the URL. I’d recommend watching it, though preferably not when one has a 3,000-word undergraduate paper on Shakespearean comedy due the next day (I am procrastinating).

I knew many bits and pieces of LSD’s history, but that documentary linked them all together nicely and filled in the gaps. I didn’t know the stuff about the experiments that the CIA did, but I’m not surprised. I liked the things that Grace Slick said, she is awesome.

The most striking thing to me was how the wave of student radicalism immediately followed the period in which LSD-use was at its peak. It is interesting to ponder whether the two are directly related somehow, though I am skeptical. What do other people think about that?

3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Philomel: If You wants to know more about the history of LSD try: Acid Dreams - the complete social history of LSD, the CIA, the sixties and beyond (Martin Lee and Bruce Schlain).

Quantumbrujo: The file archive is the place for you's film clip: Why not upload it there?