Getting Prescribed

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Fuzz, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Fuzz

Fuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    OK, this is a bit complicated. I have been under alot of stress latley because of school, parents, law enforcemnt agencies... SWIM approaching the end of the fall semester at College Anonymous USA and wishes to not completly fail out of college and have to go back home.

SWIM'S knows/thinks he needs to get prescribed to amphetamines (adderall preferabley) in order to survive the rest of the month and be able to stay in college.... He has seen school NURSE, who recentley prescribed him to prozac for depression. He has also been going to counseling and thinks it helps sometimes. I went back to see the nurse and report on his drug intake. SWIM lied and told nurse he was on his medication (prozac) but felt he had trouble concetrating and sleeping but moslty concentrating. EVENTUALLy she said the words SWIM wanted to hear... ADD ADHD... So SWIM TAKES the add test.to see if you have it??.. ( I was high on adderall while taking it.more strung out than anything) .... SO I believe he filled it out right in order to be prescribed and almost feels like he was even honest about it in the sense of being honest about some of the symptons felt.... NURSE cares about SWIM and SWIM can tell she wants to help. SWIM ISNT SURE IF HE BELIEVES IN ADD OR AHDD but knows it would be pleasant/necessary to have 4 college....

SWIM IS NOT as smart as he thought he was thouh.... HE went to counseling ONEDAY and wass being a smart ass. his big mouth got the best of him and he told the COUNCELER about using someone elses addarall and lying to NURSE about using his medication. SWIM THINKS HES KINDA IN THE SPOT. SWIM ENDED UP IN COUNCELING FOR DRUG ABUSE IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND he DIVULGE his HISTORY TO THEM... THE COUNCELOR FOR THE MOST PART AND KNOWS ABOUT A SHORT TIME WHEN he ABUSEd METHAMPHETAMINE AND SCREWED UP his SENIOR YEAR... I say that in conclusion he feels guilt, worried... HE still wants/needs the prescrition but is worried do to his drug abuse/use past the councelor and the nurse will deny any sort of stimulants...

IS SWIM JUST ANOTHER CHEAP AMP JUNKIE TO TRYING TO HIS HANDS ON SOME SALTS... OR IS HE REALLY ADD AND NEEDS IT FOR SCHOOL AND MOTIVATION...? HELP!!!

I want to know any ideas on how to turn it all around...

2. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    This was an article I found very interesting, the concept of being able to self-prescribe, as such....

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=164469#post164469

And this is an excert from an email that a very good friend of my sent her recently, he is 52 years old and up until 2 years ago was smoking methamphetamine daily for the past 30 years:

"After doing a ton of online tests, all of which result in saying I have add.....and if I remember we talked before about that might be partial reason for my "need" for meth. My doctor has decided to treat me for it. I got a scrip for 20 mg adderals. It has made an unbeleivable differance...I feel like part of the human race again, I dont have a need to "party" on it, and have no cravings for meth anymore. I dont think this is a solution I would recomend to others, but it is something that has returned my quality of life......as long as I continue to use as prescribed...if ya know what I mean."

I have to wonder if this would work for her, even though she doubts she has ADD or ADHD, even if it didn't work, it would be worth it for the chance of a happy meth-free life. Why should some Dr get to make that decision, or decide without even trying, that this is not a good idea for SWIM?

3. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    I would sugest taking only when needed. he knows that adderall is something that some people take every day, but that can be toxic at some dosages some people take. swim makes one bottle of 30 pills last him 2 months. there are ups and downs to this drug. its not going to amke you smarter by any means. or your not giong to just make A's all of a sudden either. its going to help me not be so lazy to actually study to make better grades on a test. I did not have to get counciling like swiy, but swim knows his doc well and is a athlete as well, so there's no abuse potential in his mind. and also, i dont abuse it. there's no point any more. its only fun in swim's opinion the first few times to abuse adderall. but then your still really sensative to it so not much is needed. anyways, what I am trying to say is get the adderall but be smart with it. its a study tool when needed. dont make it a every day wake up drug or I believe you'll be sorry. best of luck getting it prescribed.

4. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    sorry for the slopy reply, i had a well thought out response, but the "back button" got pushed, and I didnt feel like retyping that long paragraph.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    If that was a long paragraph for you, how can you get through college? Usually one needs to write and think lucidly to submit a paper in a college or university. Any SWIM who thinks he can write longer papers with the help of CNS-stimulants is correct - to a very limited degree. A longer paper can be obtained, but at the sacrifice of coherency. One on speed tends to jump from idea to idea in ways that seem rational and obvious at the time of the writing. But later on they can resemble a text delineating the thought-process of a schizophrenic.

The major task to understand about going to college is not to "just squeak by." It's not a mandatory education like grade school or high school. The main emphasis is to develop the ability to really THINK and work with ideas. A SWIM that just wants to graduate to get away from home is truly missing the point. And substituting amphetamines for honing one's skill as a thinker is about the biggest waste of time and money I can think of.

I would suggest SWIM re-think what is important for SWIM's future dreams and goals. What would SWIM do if he wanted to get a job working as an international diplomat, for instance, down the road - but was concerned about her abilities? Con a doctor into writing a script for Ritalin to give her confidence at the interview? Then what? Asking a guy out on a date?

I should have a nice, long chat with himself/herself about what he/she is really trying to do - and wants to do. Or tell the mom not to put starch in the wash.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  6. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Nag, are you talking to me in your response? I dont have a problem getting through college, thats "Fuz". Granted my response was short. A paragraph is any combination of 2 or more sentences, so even that short non thought out response was a paragraph.

But yes, back to your question, if that was directed at me. My first response was much longer and more well thought out. I most likely spent more than 5 minutes on it, but after it got ereased somehow, i didnt plan to spend more than a minute retyping it.

7. Fuzz

Fuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    first.... thanks for replying to the rant half assed explanation....
    I say thanks to nagnog for the very real response he posted.
    Made him think about "life in general/ and that scary thing called the future" ...

I haven't been back to the see the nurse or the counselor and sorta blew off an opitment with them. He was frustrated and ran away from the heat. HE knows he has to go back evenutally and see what can be done/rescued.

My last experience with adderall was yestarday... 3, 10mg xr crushed up & downed with a drink and also added one 10mg xr uncrushed. This was about 2 P.M... He had to go to work washing dishes at 5 pm.... I say the experience at work was ok, because the energy needed to put up with never ending dishes and cleaning crap.

couple things learned says swim--

Do not take adderall before noon unless planning to stay up all nigth
    As time draggs on, and the schizo becomes more real,reality will dwindle.
    adderall/amphetamines is a double edge sword, I have found.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    My missive is addressed to any and all takers. It's multi-faceted.

9. Blur

Blur Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Heh, I definately don't have ADD and never asked for a stimulant drug. Though I suspect the reason I was prescribed ritalin then adderall is becoming more common. Kicked another habit and I'm prescribed stims to help stay off the other recreationals.

Tags: