1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Side effects - Getting To Sleep After MDMA Use

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by Schwindlig, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Schwindlig

Schwindlig Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have had superb experiences on MDMA, and is very lucky because they haven't (so far) suffered comedowns or any other problems after a night on the mandy. The only problem I have, is getting to sleep. I amn't much of a sleeper in 'normal' life anyway, for example, they went to see The Prodigy on Saturday - sober - only had 2 hours sleep that morning, and then had 6 hours on the sunday before work, and they are fine.

So I was wondering, is there something to take that isn't a major risk to the body, to help the sleep problem. SWIM heard a rumour about Diazepam helping, has some, but doesn't want to try without researching.

This isn't a huge problem for SWIM, but at certain festivals or other weekend long events its gets a bit tiring getting 10 hours sleep over a 100+ hour event.

2. FrogEye

FrogEye Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Getting To Sleep

Smoking weed helps SWIM sleep after rolling

3. 52SDL

52SDL Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.

Diazepam would knock You out, but its an addictive substance.

4. Synesthesiac

Synesthesiac R.I.P. Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

The ultimate thing for you would be to get some melatonin supplements. For a number of reasons.
    Its a very interesting chemical if you look into all of its properties.

1) Not toxic at all even in very high doses
    2) Not addictive
    3) Its a naturally occurring hormone produced in your body anyway
    4)Wiki: Production of melatonin by the pineal gland is inhibited by light and permitted by darkness. For this reason melatonin has been called "the hormone of darkness" and its onset each evening is called the Dim-Light Melatonin Onset (DLMO).
    5) It is a very strong and deep working powerful antioxidant, perfect for protecting against any of the minor neurotoxic effects of MDMA
    6) It tricks your body into thinking its sleeping and within 20-30 minutes of ingestion most people feel very tired and fall asleep like a log.

Just 0.1-1mg of the stuff should be enough. People do use 5mg pills plus, but I wouldn't recommend going above 1mg, as 0.3mg has shown to be just as effective as 3mg, and even more effective than 30mg. So less seems better than more, even though there are no known side effects.

This stuff K.O's swim on just the 0.1 mg :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
  5. Schwindlig

Schwindlig Newbie

Reputation Points:

Is Melatonin readily available in shops likes Holland & Barratt? If so, I will definately give it a try.

SWIM also smokes alot of herb, up to an eighth in an hour or two after said night out, but it doesn't help.

How much Diazepam would SWIM need to get to sleep. I have 2mg tablets sitting on his desk. Bearing in mind I don't have this problem all the time, it wouldn't get addictive would it...?

6. Synesthesiac

Synesthesiac R.I.P. Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Unfortunately not in england. Its prescription only due to ridiculous laws, but its legal in health supplement stores in america and most other countries in the world. It perfetcly legal to order it online and have it imported, thats what I do. Though try to get it from a reliable vendor and not a really cheap version.

7. Boca Bitch

Boca Bitch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I have endured many, many cocaine and amphetamine crashes, while being unable to get to sleep.

Other than just waiting it out, I have tried the three main alternatives:
    ~Cannabis can offer a mild sedation that can at least calm nerves during the crash. I would not reccomend this for more intense crashes as cannabis alone can cause paranoia, used during a particularily rough crash can result in one feeling EXTREMELY uncomfortable.
    ~Alcohol can effectively take the edge off during the crash, but can make sleeping difficult for some people when consumed in moderate amounts.
    ~Benzodiazepines (such as Xanax) will also take the edge off and tends to induce sleep in most people. However there is already considerable addiction potential with these medications, so it's best to avoid use during a crash.
    ~Opiates (such as Oxycontin) will take off the edge and induce sleep. Becuase of their extremely high addiction-potential I have never used opiates during a crash, I recommend no one does.

The body is most likely to develop addiction when the user feels most vulnerable; there will never exist a feeling of worse vulnerability than an intense crash. So resist the urge to reach for opiates or benzos. Not that alcohol can't be addicting, but the potential is far lower than that of those previously mentioned, so it would be a far safer substance in this circumstance.

8. Wierd Logic

Wierd Logic Newbie

Reputation Points:

Thats what this lil squirrel goes for... as well as cannabis of course :thumbsup:

9. beemac

beemac Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.

As you mention, at festivals sitting in a tent listening to everyone getting up, whilst coming down is pretty rubbish. My friends and I always get really stoned to sleep it off. Works a treat.

10. Schwindlig

Schwindlig Newbie

Reputation Points:

How much is a safe dosage then you? Think the tablets I have are 2mg. Thinking about it, I suppose the type of herb your smoking makes a difference. SWIM never really knew what he's been smoking in the past and just got what he's been able to get at previous events, but nowadays I know people and can choose his weed. Something like Diesel or Afghan with a big stone effect would help alot more then something which gets you high.

I think this forum is great, and makes you think about what your doing! Future planning to make experiences better.

11. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    Personally, my raver friend cherishes rolling so much. He never allows himself to roll unless there's like an 8 week period of abstinence. So it's always a special event when he does. He could never even think of taking something to end the duration of ecstasy's effect earlier. He feels like adequate planning and forethought ahead of time should be able to alleviate any timeframe issues by planning when the drop happens, knowing the duration, and scheduling a period during which to crash.

12. Schwindlig

Schwindlig Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It is a nice thought, but when I am out there, amongst the other festival goers, you regularly get topped up with all sorts. I suppose you could say no to all offers, but you know what its like when your amongst people, you always say yes. So what was ment to be a fairly sensible night, next thing I know, the sun is up and his friends charlie and mandy are being racked up together sitting around a random campfire talking absolute nonsense.

And that is the best thing about festivals, but then it just bends you over and rapes you hard on the last day!

13. Psychonaut08

Psychonaut08 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    since my homeboy stopped doing mdma too frequently since it eventually makes it less fun, he does pills/md maybe once a month or every few weeks and makes a proper night of it, buying his MD, loads of fags and gum and then finds a juicy blunt for the end of the night helps him doze off.

14. Routemaster Flash

Routemaster Flash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Diphenhydramine ('Nytol' or generic equivalent) isn't a bad bet. You just don't want to get into the habit of using it every night as you can rapidly build tolerance. Take one or two once you can feel the MDMA started to ebb.

15. KomodoMK

KomodoMK Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Diphenhydramine doesn't work on little fishy when he takes 100mg, when he ups it to 150-200mg he can feel it kicking in at around the 1.5-2 hour mark (not 15-30 minutes like the packet states) but it also comes with some motor skill impairment (feeling off balance etc) and prevents him from being able to get comfortable and just isn't worth it.

You can condition your mind to make the comedown easier and even positive. Little fishy also finds a few cans of strong beer at the tail end of the experience are sweet and takes the edge off.

16. Shuras_Lab_assistant

Shuras_Lab_assistant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    150mg 5-HTP and 10mg of Diazepam do the trick

17. Schwindlig

Schwindlig Newbie

Reputation Points:
    10mg? Seems like alot?

18. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    Diazepam is one of the weaker benzodiazepines. That same dose of diazepam is equivalent to .5mg of alprazolam (xanax). It sounds like a good combination to induce drowziness and the 5htp will combat the potential for depression a few days later (aka suicide tuesday)

19. Shuras_Lab_assistant

Shuras_Lab_assistant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Depends on your tolerance but 10mg isn't too much for a normal subject :)

Diazepam isn't a weak benzo btw. It is the most versatile benzo IMO.
    I don't like alprazolam, but thats just me. They don't get me drowsy at all.

The best choice for sleep would be Temazepam,Flunitrazepam or Midazolam. Lorazepam or Bromazepam for example will only give you blurry vision and good relaxation, but again, thats just me.

20. pilipuntos

pilipuntos Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    SWIM always has problems to sleep after stims or psychedelics, and tries in this order:

- A big joint of weed.
    - 5mg diazepam

Even another 5mg can be needed if SWIM's muscles have heavy load, but he'll probably spends the next day sleeping with such dose.