GHB and opiates

Discussion in 'GHB' started by Perromaldido, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Perromaldido

Perromaldido Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is there any medical evidence that G agonize some opiate rsceptors? I know it's been used to treat H WDs. While on G I tapered down on methadone significantly in a JUST a few days. That's nearly damn impossible. The only factor that could have made it possible is G.I'm down to my last10 mils a day. Tomorrow I'll go for five, keep another five with me should thingsgo bad...Once G was discontinued no opiate Withdrawals took over. Anyone has a clue?

Perro

2. Perromaldido

Perromaldido Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You're prolly right, Brandon. All I could find is these few lines:
    <DIV ="pageer">Opiod</DIV>
    <DIV ="pageer"></DIV>
    <DIV ="pageer">GHB has been found to increase brain levels of the endogenous opiods, dynorphin and beta-endorphin (25). The opiod receptor antagonist, nalaxone, significantly reduces the metabolic and pharmacological effects of GHB (including dopaminergic) -- leading some to suggest that the opiod system modulates its activity on dopamine (26). In addition, GHB induced EEG changes are mimicked by administration of morphine and beta-endorphin (26). As with serotonin, GHB induced sedating and antidepressant/euphoric effects could be be mediated by the opiod system. </DIV>
    <DIV ="pageer"></DIV>
    <DIV ="pageer">Perro</DIV>
    <DIV ="pageer"></DIV>
    <DIV ="pageer">25. Lason W, Przewlocka B, Przewlocki R Life Sci The effect of gamma-hydroxybutyrate and anticonvulsants o&shy;n opioid peptide content in the rat brain. 1983;33 Suppl 1:599-602

26. Snead OC, Bearden LJ Neurology Naloxone overcomes the dopaminergic, EEG, and behavioral effects of gamma-hydroxybutyrate. 1980 Aug;30(8):832-8
    </DIV>

Edited by: Perromaldido

3. Perromaldido

Perromaldido Newbie

Reputation Points:
  4. Perromaldido

Perromaldido Newbie

Reputation Points: