Combinations - Ghb and ritalin (methylphenidate)

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by supremedan, Jan 13, 2007.

1. supremedan

supremedan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I would like to know if any I tried this combination . I want to use a higher dose of GHB with out getting sleep.I would like to know if by any chance ritalin will kill some of GHB euphoric properties or enhance it.

PEACE!!

2. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have reported on GHB and Coke

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/26854

But he doesn't see why a straightforward amphetamine based buzz wouldn't be worth experimenting with either. His only concern, as he mentioned in his report, is that should You consume enough stimulant to overcome the urge to sleep, You could end up mentally switched off yet physically active beyond that which You is able to remain safe. SWIM's wife has a tendency to let herself switch off and go with the flow, so to speak, but he sometimes has to straighten his head up so he can ensure she doesn't go off on a bit of a tangent.

You should post a report on his findings if he chooses to try this combo.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  3. Mish

Mish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Old thread, I know, but I thought it would be worth resurrecting as he recently tried this combo. my first time with GHB he took 3g over the course of 1.5 hours, at half hour intervals and had a very nice effect, but thats it. Just a very nice effects nothing overwhelming. The next day, I took around 30mg of Ritalin over 6 hours to get some work done. SWIM always finds that low doses of stimulants - even when taken early in the morning - interferr with SWIM's sleeping patters that evening (SWIM suffers from insomnia). So at around 8pm, 5 hours after the last 10mg of Ritalin, I took 3g in one go dissolved in some apple juice. One hour later I felt some mild feelings of being "off", better mood and slightly more chatty, but hardly an extremely noticable effect. This is odd as 3g, according to Erowid and various other sites suggesting dosage, that is a fairly large dose. SWIM beleives that the lack of effects was partially due o the tolerance from the previous evening, combined with the lingering stimulant effects from the methylphenidate. Thus, the point of this thread i that taking GHB with Methylphenidate will mean you won't feel it as much and are more likely to increase the dose. The mixing of high doses of GHB with what is almost an amphetamine could lead to convulsions and bizzarre states of in-out consciousness.

4. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Pharmalogically Ritalin(methylphenidate) is almost the same as cocaine, though it has a lot longer duration, around 4-6x more.
    SWIM extensively tried the combination of GHB and methylphenidate and he liked it a lot, it certainly made it more euphoric.
    But combining a strong stimulant with a strong depressant puts a lot more strain on the body than just methylphenidate on itself.

5. Mish

Mish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I know that mixing strong depressants with stimulant puts more strain on the body, but does this still apply if used afterwards? For example, using GHB on an MDMA comedown; the bodily effects are still there but the person it not actually combining the two as a combo..?

6. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    SWIm has triedd gbl+MPH and it was very euphoric and very pro-sexual but gbl wears off too fast, lingering over-stimulation afterwards

7. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Actually I would like to know more about the, oft mentioned, bodily strain of mixing uppers with downers. Does anyone have any research data on it?

There is also the fact that the way that G supresses the CNS is different to most downers, in that it is often pointed out in research data that G induces changes in oxygen use and metabolism that leave actual oxygen/carbon dioxide levels unchanged, therefore raising the question of whether the combination of a stimulant and G is as harmful as many assume.

It has been mentioned before, however, that the biggest risk factor in combining G and a stimulant is more likely to be the greater loss of mental faculty whilst still being mobile due to the stimulant allowing physical mobility while increased dosing of G leads to greater intoxication, thus exposing the user to accidental harm.

8. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    According to erowid GHB might behave as an stimulant at low doses:

9. toe

toe Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    My sooper-dooper rx-interaction checker noted zero interactions between "Xyrem" and methylphenidate.

10. Mish

Mish Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This is true, and I have used the combo as a great study aid many a time; starting with railing the Ritalin, and tailing off with some GHB to, a) kick the - albeit minor - comedown; and b) because the dopamine adds more motivation!

11. PGR0707

PGR0707 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have AS and ADHD, I am prescribed 20mg ritalin daily but doesnt take it daily, swim also takes ghb almost daily too, I have found that together it makes me more social but more distracted, its not perfect but if swim needs to get work done but not be too intense then its a good combo