GHB and sleep

Discussion in 'GHB' started by xpr´k, Jan 15, 2006.

1. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I got to try GHB for the first time last week. It surely was a nice experience, it was very much like being drunk but then again not.
    It made me quite euphoric,morso then beer, yet i felt a bit more clearheaded, like if needed i wouldnt act like a drunken fool. It also had none of the sideeffects that alcohol seem to give me.
    No running to the toilet every 30 minutes, no lingering headache that sets in as soon as ive peaked (this one has put me of drinking lately) . No heavy stomach. The only sympton that was actually worse then with alcohol was my coordination, walking seemed much harder then when drunk.
    But to get on topic, something i didnt expect happened when i went to sleep, I couldnt!!
    As with all drugs i try ive done at least a few days of 'market research' before taking them and from all the info ive read i was under the impression GHB is actually given to some insomniacs so imagine my suprise.
    I tried sleeping about 5 hours after ingesting 5ml of the stuff and the effects were clearly working off so maybe thats why.
    I kept tossing and turning for at least an hour before dosing off in a very mild sleep from which i kept waking. The day after i had HUGE bags under my eyes and everyone kept asking if 'i felt as bad as i looked'.
    So i was wondering if others have had similar experiences.

2. Ruud

Ruud Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from The Netherlands
    Yes i recognise your problem, but only when my dose was to high in a short period of time. Not when i had only 5ml like you.

It seems that a dopamine rebound is responsible for this problem. When you taken ghb there is no/or very litle dopamine in your system(brains), when te ghb worked out your dopamine releases.

Thats make you feel awake, listen to your heartbeat.. It beats much faster.

3. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well i decided to try it again last night and this time i took a small dose prior to going to sleep and i slept like a baby. Woke up a bit drowsy but thats to be expected when taking downers i guess :) .

4. u4ic

u4ic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Usually in the beginning you sleep great. But after prolonged use the dopamine rebound thing starts kicking in. Before you know it your dosing every 3 hours around the clock. Don't ever get into that vicious cycle.

5. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    u4ic,

You are exactly right concerning the dopamine rebound. The more GHB consumed the more likely and severe the rebound.

6. ironchemist

ironchemist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    God, about the dopamine rebound thing most people dont know about how severe the repercussions are. Initially you cant sleep and have to force yourself to sleep with an ever increasing dosage of G. When you stop taking it your totally fucked. But the what you dont realize at the time that your natural production and reuptake of dopamine have basically come to a standstill resulting in severe depression. Dopamine regulates mood and sleep and without out your like a lifeless zombie who basically feels nothing. At least thats how I got and stayed until things got back to normal.

7. DJ-666

DJ-666 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Just sleeping...and sleeping...and sleeping... IWIM is 100% sure cause I know...if you reach a dose of approx. 3,5-3,8g GHB NOTHING,NOTHING,NOTHING other else willl happen!

8. u4ic

u4ic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I had to figure out the dose himself through trial and error. Lots of throwing up/blacking out until swim figured out the right dose. And from then it didn't change. It wasn't like other drugs where an increasing dose was needed. The only thing that increased was the frequency of use in the beginning it was a couple times at night. It stayed that way for a while and everything was all good. It didn't become problematic until I got careless and stupid and started dosing more and more frequently. Up until it was around the clock every 3 hours, like clockwork. I got like a zombie, never feeling well rested. It was bad. Finally I got cut off and went through some pretty bad withdrawals. He made it through with a little help from his very best friend xanax.