GHB and Xyrem doseing?

Discussion in 'GHB' started by godismdma, May 27, 2006.

1. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dose anyone know if the dosing ratios would be the same with Xyrem as with street GHB?

2. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    isolation of GHB????

Forget the previous question does anyone know of a way to isolate the GHB out of the sodium oxybate??????

3. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    You mean isolate ghb free base? What do you wanna do that for? It doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway xyrem is na-ghb and it is the same ghb you would get at street if your source is reliable. I've never heard anything about ghb in free base form. Ghb around it's always in salt form: na-ghb, mg-ghb, ca-ghb etc.

Move this post to chemistry forum. You may get help there

4. garbled

garbled Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    Sodium Oxybate *IS* GHB.

5. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    no it seems like the sodium oxybate is more diluted (2ml=1gm) and there is more salt added to the solution. I wonder if this is done to prevent continuous abuse, the salt will cause a rise in blood pressure along with hard on the kidneys so signs of abuse will be easy to find with simple blood work I'm not possitive but why else dilute and add more sodium?

6. MrMouse

MrMouse Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Why on God's earth would they add more salt to Sodium Oxybate. It simply doesn't make any sense.
    Xyrem is a medication so it's not likely anything will be added which could effectively cause complications.

7. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is xyrem prescribed for anything except narcolepsy and catalepsy ?

Snapper

8. Satman

Satman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My doctors name is Snapper<but if you was him then surelly you wouldn't be asking this ? If you are him then What r you doing ?If you had given me a script for the oxybate Maybe i would have given you some.You always treated me good.I would do the same.what ever, if this is you,then next time you see your narcaleptec patient again mention this post. cheaeers

9. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:

Accually it has an open label as of now. Meaning what ever the doc thinks it will work for.

10. Free Spirit

Free Spirit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There are strong indications it can be a good antidepressivum. Better than Prozac and alike, without the nasty side effects of the latter. In the quote below from Wikipedia are some more purposes listed. (source)

HTH

11. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    GHB is an excellent antidepressant, mood stabilizer and sleep aid. It could also help millions of alcoholics quit if doses were properly regimented.
    It is one of the most potentially benefical drugs out there, along with the least toxic at recommended doses. Hopefully the medical community will eventually figure this out in spite of the DEAs efforts. It should surely be controlled, but should also stay available. For once I have to give the FDA props for not just leaving it at schedule 1.

12. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I agree and is trying to get the medical provession to see this despite the fact that scientifclly most believe the antidepressant action wont work due to the dopamine effect being short acting. I know a person who is getting Xyrem prescribed. Since the Xyrem, my friend has not been on any antidepressants with no depressive relapses (my friend has taken every antidepressant on the market with exception of MAOI's they only took Emsam, with nothing working past 2 years ). my friend is only taking doses at bed time to aid sleep! The twisted joke of all of this is my friend says that the cost of 4 1/2 grams twice a night is well over $500 a month, with that much money more than a six month supply could be made at home at that dose!!!!! Gotta love politics and pharmacutical industry!

13. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    anyone ever herd of GHB causing u to burn fat while u sleep???

14. Free Spirit

Free Spirit Newbie

Reputation Points:

That fact stunned SWIM beyond belief. Earlier he read a Dutch study on Xyrem (Dutch language). Swim frowned at the objection of it being "way more costly than other antidepressants" and almost fell off his chair when he got to the bottom line...:eek:

Costs via the farmacy:

GHB (Xyrem) €439,26 per 180 ml (=90 g)
    That works out to €951,60 a month @ a Daily dosis of 6,5 g and €1.317,60 a month @ 9 g DD.

In comparison: Clomipramine @ 100 mg DD = €9,00. Imipramine @ 100 mg DD = €6,80.

FFS, some people have to live on less than the monthly costs of Xyrem! :mad:

Out here they're very big on budget, esp. since the new health insurance system came into play earlier this year. Doctors are practically forced to prescribe the cheapest (generic) meds possible. So guess how much your doctor will enjoy having to explain to Govt. and insurance why his patient needs a drug this expensive instead of the cheap alternatives!

I agree GHB is a much better alternative than the traditional antidepressants for people in who the latter don't work or just produce the nasty side effects they're famous for. But it'll be a hell of a job convincing your MD at these prices...

It's even more ludicrous when you know how cheap the chemicals are to make GHB, esp. since the pharmaceutical industry can obviously access them legally!

SWIM wonders if this is due to a greedy patent holder, the greedy nature of the industry, or a Govt. ploy to discourage prescription, but eather way it's an outrage! Meds should be intended to help cure people, not to rip them off...

I am curious why the costs are apparently doubled here in comparison to the US. He would be interested in a quantative comparison of price per ml. Does You know that perchance?

15. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I believe it's about $564 for 3 180 ml bottles. Also, the the Xyrem is more diluted 9ml= 4.5 grams. As with the out ragous price I believe it is to steer
    patients into trying cheaper forms of medication i.e provigil along with the fact it's new, not to mention there is ONE pharmacy in the USA that distributes it via Fed X!!!!!

16. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Once again rampant profiteering by pharm companies and mean-spirited meddling by the DEA. Both are amoral and predatory entities in the US.
    Xyrem is not covered by any insurance in the US and is only distributed by certain pharmacies. I remember when GBL was legal ordering it at $30 a liter BASF technical grade.
    The good old days now long gone thanks to those f**kers at the FDA.

17. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Correction it IS covered by insurence in the US and there is only one(1) Pharmacy that carries it!!!! It is shipped via Fed Ex(signature required of course)!!!! And be prepared Europe just as the ban on GHB went into effect, Orphan Medical (Company that produces Xyrem) started negotiating with a major European pharmacutical company(cant remember the name) to martket Xyrem over-seas. Kinda of odd it's deemed unsafe, banned , then buisness is conducted to put it on the market pharmacuticlly!!!!!! But of course thats just a coinsidence!!!!! Right Mr.corperation?!?!?!?!

18. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Insurance will only pay with a diagnosis of catalepsy or narcolepsy. Off label use is NOT covered by insurance, which is what most would want it for.

19. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes that is true! There are always ways around things though!!!! The most devoted wins!!! Also, for a diagnosis all the doctor has to say is he/she has it SWIM never went for a sleep study and it's covered by insurence!!

20. DrStrange

DrStrange Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had some Xyrem and said it was 1 gm per ml. Not dilute at all. 3ml was 3 grams. But yeah, crazy expensive. Stoopid govmint!!!:mad: