GHB experiences

Discussion in 'GHB' started by Lehendakari, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    SWIL's experiences are somewhat contradictory. He sees GHB as promising, but he hasn't yet felt the strong euphoria and dishinibition most users claim.

He will describe some of his experiences:

Experience #1:

It was the first time. SWIL cooked some GHB and triend a safe dose: 2 g. He felt somewhat dizzy, mild dishinibition and stomach upset. Was very short lived. He redosed another 2 g an hour later and didn't notice anything stronger.

Experience #2:

This time was the BIG MISTAKE. After trying low doses and not getting the effects SWIL wanted he took 4 g with an empty stomach. He waited for about 30 min and effects were the same so he was STUPID enough to take 2.5 g more. Needless to say SWIM puked his stomach, liver, intestines, and felt like crap for a few hours. He decided to give up on GHB

Experience #3:

He had forgotten about GHB when he found 4 grams left in his room months after his last trial. he wanted to sleep so took almost the 4 grams. This was the best experience. He felt very happy in 20 min and decided not to go to sleep. He felt very horny (he always did with ghb, even when the big mistake took place) and he had an urge to socialize although it was wendesday night and he was home alone. :(He chatted a little bit online. He AT LAST felt GHB euphoria and enjoyed it. Again was very short lived and SWIL didn't sleep that night.

SWIL has tried many times this same dose in social enviroments although with gbl, and got mixed results. He's never felt as euphoric and social as that time.

2. supremedan

supremedan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    BDO experience. I will use "me" and not "swim" cause this is a experience in the past. Me does not use any illegal substances in a long time. As a past experience it´s fine for me to write in first person.

Me, My GF and lots of friends were staying at a a beach house on brazilian carnival. in the last day of carnival me, My GF, my best friend and 3 more couples ( one of the couples not having anything more then a friendship) decide to go to a litle "entertainement park" ( like a litle disney with roller coster and stuff). Me, my GF and my best friiend were already regular users of BDO in raves and night clubs but we never had used before in other places so we dicide to take on the park to see if the rides would be more fun. so me and my friend take each 3.5ml on a empty stomach and my gf 2ml. we go on 2 rides and i already start to feel it hiting me in 5 minute during the first ride. I start similing for no reason whasoever, so does my GF. sinse the park was really small we went to a small open air shopping mall next door. When we get there, there is many songs playing from many bars and we simply start getting really euphoric just from hearing them. we went to the play center of the mall to play on that olimpic bouncing things ( the ones you jump really high and bounce a lot)....DAMN!! when we get there to buy the ticket there was some house music playing and we 3 simply start dancing and jumping like a bunch of crasy people. nobody understood us ...why were we dancing like if we was rollin on MDMA or something...we grab out tickets and enter the jumping ride...WOW!!! amasing...som much more euphoric then everrrrrr. aswome!!!! then we go to bars to eat and the bar is playing some slow pop music. the ones impossible to dance and guess what??? we 3 were dancing and jumping and smiling!!! at this time we 3 were allready really emotional...i was screaming to the whole bar how i love my GF so much and how life was just so beautiful!!!!!!!! at this time 1 couple and 2 more friends ( 1 girl and 1 man) start really getting curious on trying BDO sinse they saw how we 3 were really in "GOOD SHAPE" the whole night. we decide to go to a open street big carnival party probably 3 miles away from the mall. we 3 take a redose and the 2 couples take the first dose in there lifes. while waking to the party the girl couldn´t stop smiling and the other guy was really euphoric and jumping like a 5 year old kid with out any music!!! the other couple were suddenly declaring how they loved each other and stopped to give a really erotic kiss!!! as we all walk towards the party everybody starts to get ultra euphoric and happy with life!!! we ran, we dance, we jump....nothing seemd to bother anybody.....like BDO was a liquid of Happyness!!!!the 2 girls that took as litle as 2ml of bdo each were just RUNNING like 2 litle girls and the other guy was getting crasy with his CRASY LIBIDO lol....he came to me and asked " THIS SHIT SKYROCKETS THE LIBIDO?" and i said " yea lol...." and he is like " OHH thats why i am getting hard all the time!!"...really aswome....as we get there we had walked the most euphoric 3 miles in history...everybody was just plain happy!! ( everybody but the one couple that dint wanna take it) the music thats plays in brazilian carnival is genarally SAMBA or AXÉ...at this city carnival party was playsing AXE...guess what..everybody in our group are fans of eletronic music and all HATE AXE. HATE so much that we cant stand it 5 minutes hearing this type of music...........but BDO is magical.......we suddenly were LOVING AXE...we were there just dancing and having a great time...even singing the axe music!!!! we stayed in this aswome happy mood the whole party with small and detailed redosing....nobody got dizzy ( maybe only slightly) sinse we know BDO dosage in the palm of our hands. This whole euphoric night lasted from 11 pm until 6 am when the party finished. during this time we were not only happy but really emotional with each other and saying how we loved each other, huging and kissing but nothing artificial like with MDMA. we talked about past experiences with G ( me and my friend call BDO G sinse its GHB the substance that effects our brain) and every song we would putt sayings in like " its you G that i want" and stupid shit like this.......hahhahahahahahah aswome time!!!!!!!!!!

at 7 am we are all back to our beach holiday house and ready to sleep. we all wake up fine, refreshed, with no hang over or guylty...actually we all wake up so happy because of the night before and only really sore from som much jumping, running and dancing.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    As an international forum, we have to all realize that what may be legal and over-the-counter where you live - might get you whipped to death in Iran or hanged in Malaysia. So the SWIM (or equivalent) rule is enforced at all times.

Also by not using SWIM one sets a bad precedent for newbie members. Often when I issue a pre-warning or warning, I will be confronted with: "But so and so did the same thing!" This doesn't help matters and makes a moderator end up with tendonitis and/or carpal-tunnel syndrome from typing out yet another pre-warning/warning! Have mercy! We'd much rather be reading and sharing.

4. DrDyer

DrDyer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    GHB Survey 2 Minutes

GHB RESEARCH STUDY
    Dr. Jo Dyer and University of California San Francisco researchers are recruiting individuals with knowledge of GHB, gamma hydroxybutyrate, (or a GHB-like substances, GBL or BD) for a brief, anonymous web-based survey. No personal identifying information, electronic or otherwise will be collected. The survey takes approximately 2 minutes to complete.
    Information is available at:

http://www.calpoison.org/forge2/FORGE1.html

Participant Eligibility:
    ➢ 18 years of age or older
    ➢ Have used or considered using GHB or a GHB-like substance

California Poison Control System
    Supported by NIDA grant DA14935
    UCSF CHR Approved, HIPAA compliant
    NIH Certificate of Confidentiality DA-02-034
    CHR approval # H11246-31527-01

5. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
  6. Donny Devito

Donny Devito Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was 14 when he first tried GHB. he took a cap full and felt drunk and had problems walking. it is easy to overdose on it, tho, so one must be careful. that's what I said.

7. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    it is easy too take to much and pass out, to actually overdose on it without other drugs being involved is actually incredibly difficult.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  8. Donny Devito

Donny Devito Newbie

Reputation Points:
    at the age of 15, I have a friend in high school who decided to chug a pepsi bottle filled with GHB at the lunch table (in front of fine chicks) to be cool, perhaps. but it was just in Max's nature to go over the line and just do as much as he could. he ended up knocked out and foaming at the mouth. the paramedics took him to the hospital and he was expelled.

9. kimotag

kimotag Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have now tried both gbl and ghb. The gbl seems to give greater euphoria and less of a drunken feeling like on ghb. On the down side it wears off faster and hits swim's kidneys and liver a bit the next day! Ghb is a warmer, sleepier high, good for chilling out with some tunes.

10. Nodnarb

Nodnarb Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    I was diagnosed with narcolepsy when I was 11 nearly 12 years old. Over the years I have tried Provigil, Adderall XR (and non-XR), Desoxyn, and Xyrem. SWIM's dosages of various drugs have changed over the years as SWIM's symptoms waxed and waned. I have been on Xyrem (GHB) now for four and a half years or so.
    Sex: Male
    Weight: 120-140 pounds
    Dose: Therapeutic: 1.5g, twice per night - 4.5g, twice per night
    Recreational: 3g-9g with one accidental dosage of 18g
    Commentary:
    GHB's been very beneficial to SWIM over the last few years. It greatly eases SWIM's narcolepsy/cataplexy in ways that stimulants alone never did. In terms of therapeutic effects, it makes me feel more normal than stimulants. It generally makes me feel alert and fairly rested during the day after a dose.

Having taken GHB for so long, I have grown quite fond of it. It is SWIM's ambrosia. I have even grown fond of mixing ~3g in ~60mL of water and swilling it around in SWIM's mouth. It's a familiar, comfortable feeling, that's part of SWIM's nightly GHB ritual. SWIM enjoys the slick, vaguely oily texture of the liquid GHB when it's dilluted in water.

In terms of recreational use, SWIM regularly will take SWIM's dose all at once (instead of in two parts) for pleasure. The downside is often that the alertness after the initial downer effect can keep SWIM up too late (being up too late has notable negative consequences for SWIM and his narcolepsy). It's worth it to risk the consequences to play a game of chicken with GHB, wherein I takes a large dose and tries to stay awake. The flow of consciousness in and out during these is exhilarating.

SWIM loves GHB. It's been a good friend these last few years.

11. MAXKD

MAXKD Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hi guys well first post so bear with me!Now ghb has been a wonder drug for me especially as i suffer from insomnia and cfs/me,and i i think if used responsibly its a great drug.Unfortunatly after a few days now my neck/lymph nodes swell up and feels like im being strangled,and i feel weak and grey looking,also my legs feel like jelly,this is such a shame i wish i could find out why this happens,if i could prevent this id be well happy,converting gbl to ghb helps the legs a bit but not the glands,anyone else had this and found a cause,any advice greatly appreciated,i had glandular fever years ago maybe i have a weakness,mm damn shame,hate to have to give it up and have sleepness nites again.

Thanks

Max

12. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, please familiarise yourself with the rules especially with regards to self-incrimination.

Thirdly, it would probably be an idea to read through as much of the GHB forum as you can in order to get a good background in the various issues relating to GHB/GBL.

As for you's own predicament, well there is simply not enough information posted (dosing regime etc.) to offer any advice. Have a read and give it another go, maybe you'll find a different thread which will be better suited to your post.

13. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    Missed that window ?

Product : high purity G.B.L. from an apparently reliable source
    Subject : a 75kg male primate nicknamed Mzuri
    Settings : home alone, then home not alone

First a few words on background and mindset, the simian, in his relative 30’s, had long heard whispers on G.H.B., then G.B.L and related products. Yet never had a chance to give it a go as the staff never deemed it reasonable. Then out of the blue comes a testing protocol which includes G.B.L., probably fuelled by the higher up’s love of novelty.
    Needless to say, the primate is thrilled, giddy as a schoolgirl to use an outdated and slightly sexist formulation which does not really fit the hairy animal-yet does bring a smile about in the lab.
    The G.B.L. is coming, the G.B.L. is coming Mzuri seems to groan. Research has begun, both for safety reasons and information. Forums, trip reports, negatives, positives the works. Many glowing reports, and quite a few crashes highlight the dosage sensitive aspect of the product. No conversion to G.H.B is considered for the first runs, advantages and disadvantages are weighed out, but since this is intended as a testing period, it has been decided that the subject’s body can withstand a little more, and that the liver will hang in there in the in-vivo process.
    The G.B.L. is here. Okay.

Finally a window opens, a Saturday, with some freetime, enough to do a low dosage test run and then a good dose some 6 hours later in a potentially socially amusing context.
    Doses are decided upon, first will be a conservative 0.8ml.

After a meal ( neither light nor heavy, a flammkuche for the simian), the 0.8.ml of G.B.L. are mixed into a glass of pineapple juice.
    No other substances were taken that day, apart from a morning cup of coffee, and a low dose of piracetam / aniracetam.
    a post lunch cup of coffee.
    The simian is thrilled. Perhaps a little too much, it’s been a while since he’s tried anything new, a new trick, and the prospects of a light inebriation somewhat related to alcohol sounds fun. Reports of euphoria, increased sociability as well. Increased libido. Little negative side effects on mood ? sounds good.
    The primate is primarily ( hehe) used to stimulants, but is a growing older and wary of such side-effects on mood, needs to be functionnal and creative, not brood. So it's becoming a rarer and rarer treat. In this light, G.B.L. sounds fun.

Here it goes, 2h30pm, down the hatch go the 0.8ml. ingestion spread over 3 or 4 minutes. First surprise : no taste for Mzuri. After reading the reports of how foul G.B.L. tastes this is slightly surprising. Ok. At this dosage whatever acidity is there seems under control. A glass of water is given as a chaser.

30 minutes in. Nothing particular. The simian is online using his specially designed computer with the apples and bananas and smiley faces. A facial expression book on how to learn the Japanese simian language is at his side, darn.
    45 minutes in. Ok, a little relaxed. Feels good on the couch. Feels like, post lunch digestion.
    An hour in, nothing yet. Reads his book. Tries to forget that he’s waiting for something to happen.
    2 hours later, ok, nothing. The relaxation has passed. Oh wait, the munchies. The primate whines and rocks and asks for comte cheese, ruffles through the cupboard, finding only chocolate, disappointed. But hungry. A little bit like cannabis hungry, something the ape has not felt in a while.

Ok, so nothing much happened.

Plan B. A larger dose after dinner, then going for a walk with the staff to a simian social meeting with music.

Further advice is taken, as the ape really does not want to fall asleep, and lately has been semi-hibernating with the coming winter and everything, making it harder to go out.
    1.5ml in one go plus a potential 0.5ml redoes is considered.
    Mzuri hops down to the Korean restaurant. Good meal. After the munchies, food is very enjoyable. Full. Burp.

Initial plan was to go straight out afterwards, and dose on the way for a fun walk, yet with the ape’s favourite handler going home, plans are changed. It’s going to be a go home, dose there, and then go out probably. Main reason being that it’s early and really cold outside. Fun walk would have been a freezing one.
    A redbull softdrink is drunk on the way back, the ape wants to be awake.
    So, home.
    9h45 pm, gulp. The 1.5ml G.B.L are swallowed mixed in grapefruit juice.
    Ok, there is a slight taste, nothing to scream home about. However it is acidic, the ape reportedly feels it sliding down. Water chasers. It feels like acid reflux a little.
    Half a famotidine + sodium bicarb tablet is taken ( OTC heartburn stuff for similar conditions)
    Sits on the couch, watches something silly about Japanese apes in Japanese.
    45minutes in, first signs. Liver. Seems to be doing something to the liver, not pain but twitches. Passes.
    A hour in. Ok, some effects. Relaxation. The couch feels really good.
    Motor skills are slightly impaired, eyes focus less quickly, movements less precise. Can still walk on a straight line.
    Jaw muscles are relaxed, making “speech” more slurry, or rather elocution less precise. Pleasant, but not fun. Feels like a good dose of some herbal relaxant, or a low dose of benzodiazepine. The ape still thinks straight, no effects on mood, just very relaxed. Not ideal for going out, so this plan is gradually abandoned.
    Feels like drinking as the primary caretaker sips a glass of wine. But no, of course.
    Basic alcohol psychoactivity is much more fun than this level. The ape is bored, relaxed but bored. Discusses the expectancies with the caretaker, groans and grunts.
    At 1h25 minutes into the 1.5ml, a 0.5ml booster is taken.
    Night goes on. After some 20 minutes, the liver twitches.
    Relaxed, relaxed. Is there anything more waiting ? Mellow, oh yes mellow.
    But do other apes actually take this in social settings ? at this level it feels like a strong physical relaxant, pleasant, but more like a sleep aid than anything else.
    Around midnight ( first dose was ingested at 9h45pm), bedtime.
    Off to bed. The ape feels well, physically relaxed, slowed down, but little to none psychoactivity. Gets the computer, types a few words on a forum for lab pets.
    Off to sleep. Sleep comes relatively easily. A bit of aquatic drifting beforehands, not unlike a light dose of alcohol.

Morning after. Wakes up around 8am, then 9am, finally getting of bed aroud 9h45 like a lazy lab cat. Ugh…not good. Not refreshed. Apparently something didn’t go well in the sleep, as the ape is blurry, slow. Very hard to wake up, feels a little like a night of drinking but without the nausea and other physical symptoms. Coffee.
    As the ape is grunting in a corner, and the assistants write out this report, it was a bit of a letdown. The relaxant effect was fine, but the psychoactivity was not there, is the first conclusion.
    This particular ape has been drinking quite a lot lately, in the evening, mostly red wine and 25° imo (sweet potato) shochu, left over from this summer's heavy Japanese social rhythm. Alcohol does not affect the simian a lot, as far as mood is concerned, it takes a lot to get the desinhibition and sillyness going. but it works. Most of the time it’s just more feeling more relaxed.
    Could there be a link or possible cross-tolerance which makes for such low key G.B.L. effects ? Or is the G.B.L purity to be questioned ?
    The window between pleasant and sleep inducing seems tight, and the physical relaxant effects hit rather strongly even with little to none actual psychoactivity.so the ape is wondering what it will be given next, as heavy sleep is not what the simian’s after.

Off to clean the cages

b

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  14. MrG

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Great report B. Not so sure about the quality of the GBL as there was no taste to mention. Future tests should use simply cold water instead and there should be a definite taste to it.

Also, the Sodium Bicarb chaser may not have been such a great idea. Might explain some of the discomfort given that it is one of the possible bases used for the conversion to GHB.

Cross tolerance with alcohol might well explain the lack of mood altering experience. Given that the sedation sounded heavier than would be expected for 1.5ml, a phase of mild euphoria would have been expected before then.

But then personal preference would be to be testing with NaGHB instead, owing to proven safety.

15. MrG

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Actually, here's an interesting tidbit for you:

GBL is rapidly converted into GHB by lactonase enzymes found in the blood. GBL is more lipophilic (fat soluble) than GHB, and so is absorbed faster and has higher bioavailability; the paradox is that this can mean that GBL has a faster onset of effects than GHB itself, even though it is a prodrug. The levels of lactonase enzyme can vary between individuals, and GBL is not active in its own right, so people who have never tried GBL before may have delayed or fewer effects than expected; however, once someone has taken GBL a few times, the production of lactonase enzymes is increased and he/she will feel the effects like normal.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  16. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    that what very interesting indeed, didn't answer before as the crit wanted to give it another swing first. Done.
    Seems like the critter's going to have to work on this one, to find a clearly psychoactive dose.

Still wondering if alcohol tolerance might be the issue here.

so almost a month later, the critter had a chance to re-try GBL.

but not on its own, in combination with coca chewing throughout the experience, roughly 10 grams of leaves. Had to renew the quid to re-dose.
    Chewing coca is something the critter does quite often, pretty much every day, usually between 2gms and up to 10gms-15gms of ground leaves on long sessions.
    had read that people usually enjoy stimulants plus GHB / GBL, so thought he would give it a try with his favourite light stim.

food eaten 45minutes beforehand, mozarella di buffalla pizza and ginger + soy on fresh tofu, followed by coffee

experience went as follows :

14h30pm 1.5ml
    15h45pm 0.5ml
    16h45 0.5ml

1.5 ml GBL in a glass of water does have a chemical taste, ink like , but it's not that strong diluted in a 25ml glass of water, ie easy to swallow, with another glass of water as a chaser to wash the taste away.

mindset was relaxed, body well awake, energetic. having not felt much in the past experiences there was no apprehension.
    can't say much was felt during the experience. Maybe feeling a little more heavy limbed than usual, a little loss of motor coordination but nothing much. Critter could still type, read, which he did. No effects on libido, or mood until the aftermath.

Acid relux, clearly there. No antacid was taken this time.

so really no noticeable effect on mood or really noticeable psychoactivity during the experience, but from 18h00 onwards feeling quite irritable and edgy which is probably related.
    coca chewing was stopped beforehands, though the usual coca comedown is little more than lowered motivation for 25 minutes or so, followed by relaxation, as the physical stimulation wears off gently. the effects on mood seem stronger with this combination.

can't say the GBL effects were really distinguishable, what stuck out was the critter's mood some 2 hours after the last dose, which is unusually edgy, in a bad mood and with little patience.

9:30pm : irritability and short temper still present. unusual

Critter's thinking he might try a 2ml dose in the next experience.
    what are the common windows for GBL or GHB elimination ? ie how long after a last dose can alcohol be safely consumed, on a full stomach or with food ?

b

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008