ghb for training

Discussion in 'GHB' started by adzket, Jun 11, 2005.

1. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    hi there people.

i have used g only a few times recreationaly and had some good fun on it. i now no longer go clubbing as much as what i used to or do as much drugs as i used to. since moving out of london a few years ago, also at the time i used to manage a westend club so did not do g offten as i had to work so would do coke and xtc mainly at work or whilst out networking and would do freebase, herion and drink champain at hoome to chill out. but due to my change in lifestyle now living the slow contry life lots of good rich foods dont walk as every where is too far so drive, not currently working so i am slowly piling on the waight even though i am still 1 stone under waight i am 12 i should be about 13 or 13.5 for my hight i am building up large amounts of fat. in the past i have heard of ghb being used by bodybuilders and gym bunnies. can ne one tell me why? what the benifits are as from my exsperiances with it the last thing i would be wanting to do on it is exsersize i dont think i could of if i had wanted to. also what sort of dose is needed whilst exsersizeing? as i want to start getting rid of my fatty tisue and build up some muscle as one i will look beter and two muscle waighs more than fat so i would put on more waight and then be about right for my hight and build. if ne one has ne exstra advice aswell as answers to my ? they will be much apreciated.

2. roidrage

roidrage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    ghb increases growth hormone(hgh) and hgh is used as a muscle builder kinda like steroids but i dont thinkghb increases it enough to build muscle, also it increases prolactin which can be bad. it may help you sleep well if taken before bed so you can recover from training better if you're a restless sleeper and thats about it imo

3. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The only way G is going to help you is if you're just too depressed to
    work, then it might get you off your ass and out and about.

Other then that I haven't noticed any muscle building benefit, I think
    the main use bodybuilders found for it was a calorie free substitute
    for alcohol that didn't emss with test levels and an aid for sleep cuz
    roids can make you restless.

1. 3/5,
      nice indepth answer. smart, a little too smart...
      Jun 4, 2009
  4. anjin

anjin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from cote_divoire
    I think you are right. It does raise the level of growth hormone i believe but also prolactine levels which counteract the effect of the growth hormone.
    Ghb however does put the body (brains) in a regenerative state much like sleeping. So it could help to shorten recovery time after training.Edited by: anjin

5. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    roidrage, unico_walker, and anjin are exectly right. GHB's biggest help with weight training is allowing you to get high without the deleterious effects of alcohol. The increase in GH is counteracted by prolactin

6. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    ok cool thanks for the advice i had goten my facts mixed up. i will not be using g as a traing. does any one no of something i can use. NOT STEROIDS. apart from a helth diet ect.... i want something to give me a helping hand as i know if i dont see a benifit in a realtivly sort period of time i will stop. thanks for any help.

7. Cure20

Cure20 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from Canada
    I remember a few months back watching the news in my area that using GHB for weight training was becoming a epidemic.........Can't remember too much about it, wasn't intrested.

8. mental defect

mental defect Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I try,de it for a long time(month) but did not work much i even took a
    lot of vit. C whit it which should reduce cortisol en prolactine levels
    but without much results[​IMG]

9. 120mg

120mg Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    It could work if you use a stronger cortisol blocker, 7-keto-dhea
    transdermally or 7-oh-dhea orally and Phosphatidylserine (sp?).
    Bromocriptine is a very strong prolactin blocker.

Maybe those used in conjunction would have some positive GH effects.

10. mental defect

mental defect Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hmmm that,s interesting and where can i find these substanceses or what kind of foods contain them???

11. Osiris

Osiris Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There is no secret to bodybuilding. It's not like there is some "necronomicon ex morte" type of magic book buried under the original Golds Gym, or in the tomb of Hercules or Ajax the Great. Routine, routine, routine....that is the key.

1.Eat (more calories that you burn -- and more protien than you need (~1-1.5 g/lb bodyweight))

2.Muscle contractions with progressive resistance (in medium repetition sets)

3. Sleep (recover and rebuild)

That's about it. Steroids do not add magic into the process. They increase strenght to a degree (going to step 2) and allow your body to use protein more efficiently (going to step 3 - recovery)

If you do not eat, and/or do not sleep, there is nothing in the universe that will help you "gain" muscle. (in fact you are not "gaining" muscle fibers, you are making the ones you already have larger -- or "hypertrophy" -- to prepare for the increased load you've been subjecting them to (hence, progressive resistance training), using nurtients to rebuild. Think of it this way and it might make more sense.

GHB, as was mentioned, is used by bodybuilders to get a buzz (everybody likes to feel good) without drinking alcohol, to stimulate appette (step 1), and get some good sleep (step 3).

Drinking alcohol interferes with protein assymilation, makes it difficult to eat (not many foods go good with alcohol), acts as a diuretic, and interferes with the sleep cycle. All of this screws up a bodybuilder's routine. Same with other drugs for the most part.

Don't look for secrets, look for patience. If, after a couple of weeks, you are about to quit because haven't seen results or found a metamorphosis spell/drug, maybe you should google for some magic patience pills instead.

12. Osiris

Osiris Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DON'T drink GHB before you work out...this is NOT what people should be thinking when they say "bodybuilders used it back when it was legal"!!!!

I have seen inexpereinced people come into the gym and get seriously injured because they are "buzzed" on G and arent in complete physical and/or mental control, coupled with the fact that they are new to weight training and don't know exactly what they are doing. BAD IDEA! Sure, people will say "I do it, and I'm fine-I get a better workout" -- great, but that doesn't make it a good idea. I walk into the street without looking all the time and I'm fine-I get a rush and it saves time... doesn't make it smart, nor does it mean I won't pay for it one day....and I certainly wouldn't brag about it to a little kid on his way to his first day of school.

Anything that impairs motor function and mental facilities shouldn't be used when lifting heavy objects overhead...and shouldn't be suggested to newbies in the gym.

13. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    I would agree. Any form of ecercise which requires concnetration or much excersion is better off done straight.

14. jamessimpson

jamessimpson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    Hi

I'm new here to posting but your entry caught my eye. As a professional athlete in the past and very experienced person I can tell you that GHB will do little to help your training efforts at all. At best it might confer a temporary GH spike.

As far as fat loss goes GH plays a prominent role but that is pharmaceutical GH injections as opposed to GHB which only raises levels slightly for a temporary period. If you are willing to pay for it then GH is a good choice for fat loss, although you could buy other fat loss drugs for less I guess.

Even then how you train and eat is crucial.

15. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Does anyone know how the people who incorporate it in their training regiment use it.

Like once a week/day/more than once per day?

16. python22

python22 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o
    Osiris was right. Basically, it was used to induce sleep, as being on alot of androgens increases insomnia like effects. Plus, when dieting for a contest, carbs are real low, and temper is high. So ghb would provide a more relaxing feeling, and allow deeper sleep. Also, try using regular supplements first, before delving into anabolics.