GHB for weight loss

Discussion in 'GHB' started by -b-c-e-, May 15, 2007.

1. -b-c-e-

-b-c-e- Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hi all, I have heard that GHB can be used for weight loss.
    does anyone know anything on this?
    I would like to try, all I know is that you take it before bed each night, I think 1 teaspoon full is the right dose.
    can anyone help SWIM out?
    thankyou,
    SWIM.

2. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    GHB used to be used by bodybuilders when it was legal

"Some athletes and bodybuilders also use GHB, as GHB is thought to increase the release or production of growth hormone. While there is some evidence supporting these claims, the actual efficacy of GHB for this purpose is unclear.
    One possible explanation is that growth hormone is secreted increasingly when blood glucose levels are low in a condition called hypoglycemia. The use of GBL, GHB, some depressants, and insulin, all of which are notable of use by bodybuilders, lowers blood glucose, thus causing the secretion of GH."

Ive never heard it used to loose weight but this could be a common misconception from its use by body builders.

3. Broshious

Broshious Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Everytime I have taken GHB(or GBL) he gets hungry and eats quite a bit. I don't think it'd be too great for weightloss.

4. bcubed

bcubed Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
    Did You happen to hear that form someone who liked to drink? That would seem to be the most obvious method: as an alcohol substitute. From what little I know, the most typical drugs used for weight loss all have a stimulant profile (even stuff like Ephedra).

5. AuraithX

AuraithX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    Weight loss? No. If anything, it puts on weight.

6. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    -As a substitute for alcohol GHB is far less fattening
    -When used as a sleep aid it may indirectly cause weight loss as the body needs regular sleep for optimum performance, including metabolism. Also poor sleep can leave a person tired with little energy for physical activity.
    -I get the munchies using GBL, so if used frequently this could lead to weight gain
    -I have noticed that heavy GHB users (especially females) often have extra weight around their middle but are usually very toned elsewhere.

There are certainly many more points that I haven't covered here.

7. schiz0phren1c

schiz0phren1c Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from greece
    I am a big lad,under a lot of pressure at the moment,was used to lots of exercise from martial arts,cycling,scuba etc,then had a serious accident and found it hard to get back into the swing of things after a long and difficult recovery,got fat and lazy as a result of his problems and the solutions he used,
    but since first trying Ghb about 2 weeks ago,and taking it every night before sleep as well as taking a medium recreational amount over the weekend(he cant be too specific as he doesn't know the exact strength of the batch) I have lost a ton of fat from his middle,lost 1 stone in weight and is throwing his weights around with gay abandon again as well as cycling a lot more,
    I have also noticed some of the positive aspects of HGH production from G(old injuries feeling better,more supple etc)
    I agree with the munchies aspect of G,but thinks the positive side effects cancel out any chance of him putting on weight on G(at the moment,I am well aware he is only trying G a short amount of time),
    I am also like a horny teen on G!(in his 30's) and this can only lead to more weightloss and muscle gain :)

Tags: