GHB Overdose - Cocaine Remedy

Discussion in 'GHB' started by Tagleeze, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Tagleeze

Tagleeze Newbie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o
    GHB Overdose

An overdose of GHB can cause someone to "G-out" or "fish-out". A mild overdose can cause someone to sleep deeply for 3 to 6 hours. In fact so deeply, that they would be almost impossible to wake up. Medical experts have called this condition a "light coma". Frightening to those around the affected individual, it really is benign unless one suffocates on their own vomit, has interactions with other substances or medications - specifically depressants or alcohol, or has a kidney or liver disease preventing them from processing the substance.

A moderate overdose may cause convulsions lasting (4) four to (6) hours. This too is disturbing to the onlookers, but most likely benign depending on other factors.

I've heard that Cocaine will prevent one from "G-ing out" if taken before the full effects are realized. I've never had the opportunity to try this, but it sounds logical. I've known people who have partied with Coke, done G, and not felt the happy, giddy feeling. I found this out from a psychologist who had an expertise in pharmacology.

If anyone has more info about this, please post. I'm really curious to find out if this really works and why? :snort:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Administering powerful stimulants in combination with strong sedatives puts a heavy strain on the heart - and could lead to a heart-attack. NOT recommended without proper medical supervision. Any convulsive condition requires medical attention unless the person has a long history of such (epilepsy for example). Call an ambulance.

3. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Could you lay off the random topics masquerading themselves as G facts?

If you read through the GHB section of this forum you will find a number of posts that are based on actual scientific fact and research. Including some experiential reports that refer to taking G with other substances.

Unfortunately the information you are posting is more akin to mainstream media ramblings and misrepresentations.

GHB is also a pharmaceutical product (Xyrem) prescribed for Narcoleptic patients who suffer from Cataplexy. The so-called "overdose" leading to the individual to sleep deeply for 4 hours is, in fact, the recommended pharmacological dose and no, it does not cause convulsions.

I think you will find that a psychologist who is an expert in pharmacology is called a psychiatrist.

4. Xrayted

Xrayted Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I must say, from personal experience, it does not work!! I repeat, it does NOT work!! Unfortunately... I say this because I tried it after a trully accidental OD...long story short...I woke up in the ER, lost and not knowing where in the hell I was. I will never try it again....the coke to stop the g-out I mean. :)

5. ojedo

ojedo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    SWIM dosnt know abotu coke but has taken speed and gbl and ended up convusling violently and ended up in A&E not fun gbl is a substance with far ot many downsides to make it a fun drug

6. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    As for the topic, I have found that a higher dose of GHB is required for the desired effect when combined with stimulants. This means that you may be awake when you should be asleep, so you're still walking around but you probably have no idea where you are going or what you are doing so caution is advised in that respect. The extreme version of this effect is what SWIM's friends refer to as "Monkeying out", your arms and legs are still moving at full speed but your brain has gone to sleep, the motions resembling that of a monkey.

At the correct dose this mix is extremely entertaining and euphoric, it doesn't get much better than this in SWIM's opinion. And in SWIM's experience its usually the greedy ones that end up acting like monkeys.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  7. ojedo

ojedo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    i agree wif the thing about bein greedy I had snorted most of a quarter of amphetamine and 10mls of gbl

8. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I disagree with you there. At least in the Netherlands a psychiatrist has mainly studied medicine and then psychiatry, while psychopharmacology is a specialization within the study of psychology. Different studies in different faculties.

9. goat

goat Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i have seen it happen to swim probably a dozen times and i can say that it is 100% true. if you administer someone a small amount of cocaine before they actually g out then they will be fine.

10. cameryn

cameryn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o
    I agree, although I haven't tried this in years due to the lack of availability. I do know this works. Everytime I felt I was about to g out I'd do a little blow and boom no g out. Health wise I can't speculate on the pros and cons.

Regards...................nf

11. NS29

NS29 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    you should have earned the darwin award for trying 10ml of GBL! (let alone the combination with that much amphetamine)
    do you even take the time to inform yourself about dosages before trying drugs?
    really.. how can someone be such a stupid irresponsible idiot?
    please.. the next time soak your pillow with diethyl ether lay face down onto it and just breath until darkness surrounds you.. *meine fresse* :mad:

12. chemlove

chemlove Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    SWIM told me thats a silly suggestion, he also once told me, the cure for a bad drug experience is hardly ever more drugs, but instead supervision and rest tend to work better. He said once if all hell really breaks loose its something a hospital would be much better at taking care of.

Oh yea one of my idols Chris Farley mixed the uppers and downers and it was a very tragic outcome!

13. cbc.affectionado

cbc.affectionado Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The following is only anectdotal, but it seems to support the theory that stimulants make GHB overdoses more manageable. A friend of mine (someone who isn't me) enjoys ingesting cocaine rather than snorting it. The effects is more gradual but longer lasting, he claims. Anyway, he and another friend (also not me) spent one evening drinking homemade conconctions of ghb, cocaine, alcohol, and red bull.

(**Note: Don't do this. Drinking alcohol and ghb together is generally a bad idea. While it can be done safely - see J Clin PsychoPharm 26(5) 2006 "Gamma-hydroxybutyrate and Ethanol Effects and Interactions in Humans" by Thai et al for guidelines - mixing these two greatly increases the chance you'll get sick. Or dead.)

In any case, over the evening (6 hours), the two friends each consumed about 4 shots of alcohol, 10 ml of GHB, and the equivalent of 3-4 lines of cocaine. A single 10 ml dose of GHB is enough to kill, but spread out over the night with the mitigating cocaine and red bull, we seemed to do all right.

That being said, Wikipedia recommends ativan (lorazepam) as one of the treatment options for a GHB overdose. Apparently Ativan is good at stopping the GHB convulsions, despite affecting some similar brain metabolites.

But of course, neither me nor my two friends (neither of whom is me) are doctors. YMMV.

14. MrG

MrG Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    *sigh*

10ml of liquid GHB is usually about 2g of GHB. Hardly even registering on the LD50 scale. Narcoleptics are usually prescribed <>4.5g of GHB twice a night.

And yes you are right, consuming G with alcohol *is* stupid.

15. cbc.affectionado

cbc.affectionado Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No arguments on combining GHB & alcohol - it's not intelligent. But it's not much worse than having too much of either one. Read the article - alcohol and GHB are more synchronous than synergistic.

In any case, the aforementioned friends (neither of whom was me) made their Na-GHB from 99% GBL (using the NaOH method), and they were pretty sure about their yields... Just saying. :)

16. cbc.affectionado

cbc.affectionado Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sorry. I see the confusion. I should've specified 10 ml *GBL*, which was to produce the GHB in question. My friends usually think in terms of the former, since it's the one they use to measure dose.

17. Pino

Pino Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from The Netherlands
    Swim thinks it also can make the change of convulsions greater. They both do something with dopamine. I don't think, that's a lot of fun. Stimulants don't give a predictable and reliable effect in combination of an overdose of ghb. The effects of the stimulant can vary over time, so You can shift in and out of consciousness. It is better to call 911, if someone has really going to far with ghb.

18. anjin

anjin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from cote_divoire
    Effects of GHB on the dopamine system are still unsure. It mainly works on its own GHB receptor and GABA-B. Binding with the GHB receptor giving a more stimulating effect and GABA-B the hypnotic effect (like benzo's and alcohol). Too much stimulation of the GABA-B receptor and you go to sleep.

The combination of a stimulant and a G overdose is nasty. I have seen people do some real crazy stuff because they were too stimulated to pass out but their brains only had the most primal functions left.
    Not a pretty sight :(

Stimulants and G can really complement eachother if you know your body and dose correctly but taking a stimulant to prevent passing out is risky.

19. catfish_groid

catfish_groid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    alcohol + ghb is a sure way to barfsville
    ive see it in first hand
    "didja drink ealier?"
    "no..."
    "here ya go"
    15 minutes later he vomited all over the floor
    and himself
    good thing it was in a movie theater
    i just moved seats
    moral of the story:
    dont mix alcohol and ghb
    as for "g-ing out"
    we used to call it "being stuck in g-land"
    peeps looked ok with eyes closed
    but were prone to subconscious acts not normally
    displayed by the individual
    ie one dude was in the washroom for 15 laughing his ass off
    w/pants around the ankles
    we had to jimmy the door to get him out
    also another dude sat on the floor cross legged
    and proceeded to perform fellatio on an imaginary person
    very strange

20. Mars1988

Mars1988 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from California, United States
    I may know someone who just got out of the ER for injecting meth, heroin and then taking ghb. Luckily the person's boyfriend was in the room and saw the convulsions and got them to the ER. She woke up not knowing where she was or why she was there. The doctors were really confused as to how the person was so awake so soon after taking such a large amount of ghb. The person thought at first that this was because of her fast metabolism but is now thinking that it could have been because of the meth? The Doctor almost had her intubated because she was vomiting so much and not breathing very well. The Doctor also said that the person is very lucky to be alive after mixing ghb with other narcotics. Point being that a stimulant was taken with ghb and the person still had convulsions. Hope this is of some help.

Tags: