1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - Ginger ale tastes like Kratom!?!?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by whocaresdude91, Sep 4, 2011.

1. whocaresdude91

whocaresdude91 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Virginia, U.S.A.
    I want to know if any member of Drugs-Forum thinks this "Canada Dry Sparkling Green Tea Ginger Ale" tastes like kratom, or kratom mixed with water (like a tea). I think it tastes exactly like kratom. Here is a picture for anyone who doesn't know what drink SWIM talking about.

Attached Files:

2. alienesseINspace

alienesseINspace Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Texas, U.S.A.
    Kratom smells and tastes like green tea to me. Matcha green tea powder looks just like kratom too. I'm thinking that kratom would mix very well into a matcha green tea latte. (google matcha green tea powder if you want to know what I'm talking about)

I haven't tried that ginger ale yet, but it sounds great.

3. whocaresdude91

whocaresdude91 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Virginia, U.S.A.
    I find it interesting that some people like the taste of Kratom? Kratom tastes horrible (IMHO).

4. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Kratom really has two different sets of flavor for me - there's the tea-like flavor and then there's the alkaloid bitterness.

If powdered kratom is mixed with water and drank as is it really doesn't taste that bitter - the alkaloids are still, I guess, bound up in the leaf and you don't taste them much, they only start to release when they hit your stomach. Without that bitterness the flavor is not bad at all. Very much like green tea, and I've heard several other people say the same thing.

Whereas boiled kratom tea or extracts present the alkaloid directly to your palette, which is of course horribly bitter.

I've thought about distilling kratom extracted in alcohol but I don't think it would really do much good; that bitter, nasty flavor is almost certainly what's getting you high. I think eliminating it would eliminate the high.

5. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    You guys must be making som very weak Kratom tea if you think it tastes in anyway nice, or like Ginger ale or like herbal tea;)

When i make kratom tea i am making it so that it is strong and short enough that i can take it all in one, or two gulps max.

here is a picture of some Kratom tea ive made, but note that this would not be as strong or dark as i often make it.
    [​IMG]

To compare its taste with a herbal tea or anything half decent tasting im guessing that it must either be a very mild and very clear tea, perhaps made like a regular tea without the proper 15 minute boil (almost useless in comparison unless you also drink the powder) , or perhaps the boil was performed but a lot of water was used resulting in some very diluted alkaloids?

Kratom tea tastes like Death, but its very effective.
    I prefer to have the alkaloids in liquid, but as little liquid as possible for the quickest absorbtion possible, making for a stronger kick. Or at least thats what i used to enjoy when i still got the euphoria that seems to vanish after a while never to return.

But anyway, it tastes like a donkeys undercarriage and ginger ale tastes like heaven in comparison, so i think you need to get your tastebuds checked out by a professional or you need to double check that the canada dry company has not accidentally bottled 'the taste of death' and mislabled it. ;)

6. postimmortal

postimmortal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Sorry about the off topic post here. That's a very dark colored tea, ianzombie. I've never been able to get mine to turn out as dark as that. Mine is always a very opaque color. Maybe i'm not boiling it long enough? I don't know. I hardly ever make a tea anymore though. But I have heard some claims that taking kratom hot, and in liquid form, both contribute to faster/stronger effects. I just toss and wash it now, but I can't help but feel that maybe I could do something more/different (heat and dissolve alkaloids in liquid), to give better effects. I just don't know if the extra work involved would merit any better rewards.

On topic here, I also find kratom to resemble green tea in texture and smell. Not exactly, but there are similarities. As for taste, bleeehhhhh! VERY bitter. Sometimes just smelling it, I find myself gagging, dreading having to spoon that stuff down my throat.

7. TSBl0l

TSBl0l

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Something that you might want to try is something that was recommended to me by another member here on DF. Do the normal 15 minute boil with your dose of kratom, but instead of straining and doing a second boil just leave all the plant material in the tea after the first boil.

I will admit, this is not enjoyable but the effects that come with this method definitely are. You get that bitter taste from the alkaloids and the texture that comes with it from the powder is even worse.

Imo it gives you the best of both worlds though, you extract most of the alkaloids from the boil which gives you that quick kick while the powder acts as bit more of a "timed release". Also, I understand the second boil is to extract almost all the remaining alkaloids but I can't help but to feel like I'm wasting my powder after the second boil by throwing it away. This method eliminates any chance that I may be not maximizing my dose.

Stir this brew every time too before taking a drink because the powder will be settling at the bottom. Once you finish the majority of the brew, at water to it and pound the rest of the powder at the bottom.

8. postimmortal

postimmortal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    Makes sense. You get the extraction of a tea, and the full alkaloid base of toss and wash. So I would be correct in saying that at least for some users, tea does bring on stronger/longer effects? If not one then the other, I'm guessing. I'm actually going to try this now and let ya'll know how it goes.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, TS. You have been nothing but helpful to me since i've started here.

9. spicybrainsgirl

spicybrainsgirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Kratom has always tasted like Green Tea to me. I parachute it...glad to know I'm not alone. But now, I cannot eat or drink any Green Tea related products because of the unpleasant Kratom thoughts they bring up. Oh wells.