Ginseng and Dexatrim

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Powder_Reality, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just finished watching the movie "Go", and it left him wondering about one scene. During the last 5 minutes, there's a scene where 2 characters are having a conversation and one of them asks the other "What are you on?" The other character replies "Ginseng and Dexatrim."

SWIM already knows everything he needs to know about ginseng, but has never heard of Dexatrim before. After searching around for information on it, all I was able to come up with was that it's a diet pill that contains the active ingredient phenylpropanolamine and was recalled by the FDA. Besides that, I don't know anything else about it, but is interested in learning more. So SWIM's question is, has You ever heard of this combination or know anything about what effects it could produce, if any? Any information about just Dexatrim or phenylpropanolamine would also be appreciated.

2. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    I'll ask before someone else does: Are you sure it's not dexedrine?

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
  3. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    That's what I thought when he first heard it, but he rewound the video, and was almost positive it was Dexatrim. SWIM searched for a copy of the script on the internet just to make sure, and the character does say Dexatrim.