1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

'Good' meth vs. adulterated meth?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by augentier, Jan 20, 2007.

1. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've been hearing about the "purity" of meth and "adulterated" versions...I don't understand, how can meth be pure? Isn't it all made of the same chemical crap? I don't see how it can ever be pure if it's made from ammonia, battery acid, medicines, etc etc..it's just a batch of chemicals, no? I don't really understand too much bout it so I maybe I'm way off :p Anyone care to explain what pure meth is?

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I am going to guess that pure meth is the end product of a methamphetamine reaction, without anything added after the meth is made.

Unscrupulous dealers, upon receiving their quantity of meth, might try to increase the amount by adding some kind of powder or substance that looks similar, thus increasing the apparent mass/size of the product and allowing more profit to be made. This would be the adulterated meth, most likely, the term probably has very little to do with how the methamphetamine itself is made.

3. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ahh, I see..this makes sense. Thank you!

4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Also to clarify, No meth is not just "a batch of chemicals." It is one chemical, Methamphetamine. People try to tell you there's all this shit in meth that is used to make meth, but we're not talking about a cake here. When these chemicals are added together under the right circustances, the react together to form one completely differant chemical which is meth.

So don't listen to people when they say "meth has battery acid in it" (especially since batttery acid isn't even used in the production of meth) the lithium that can be taken out of some batteries is used as a catalyst in creating a new chemical. With clean pure meth, there is NONE of the precursers left in it.

5. tweakerbell

tweakerbell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o
    ok back up. pure meth is meth that is not cut (mixed) with msn or other various substances. when meth is cut with msn or other substances, its potency is weakened depending on how much msn is mixed with the dope. pure meth is 100 percent meth. it is highly potent and well worth the money u spend on it. course then again, after trying pure dope, ull never have money for anything else, lol. u can tell how much "cut" is in ur dope by breathing through the pipe after melting it down with ur finger placed in front of the hole which the dope smoke is coming out of and checking ur finger for a white chalky substance. the more substance there is on ur finger, the less potent and more cut the dope is. damn I am high right now.... swim just had a bunch of pure dope. i love america.

6. joeyis

joeyis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Also another METHod of figuring out how pure it is would be simply smoking the first hit (or more if it's really nasty stuff...). Pure meth feels just like air, but if it's cut, it tastes like chemicals and is harsh so at least Swim tends to cough a bit.

Also, Swim watches the stem in particular. Much like tweakerbell's finger test, if the stem clouds up in the first few hits and covers the inside with the white chalky shit, that is from the cut.

Sure, Methamphetamine HCL is produced by combining other dangerous/toxic/etc chemicals, but it takes real chemistry skill to be able to perform the reactions necessary to make the final (entertaining) product. Like the classic table salt example; Sodium and Chlorine are both poisonous, but stick them together and you can sprinkle it on your breakfast. It isn't about what goes in, it's about what comes out.

I am tweaked out so he talks too much. I'm sorry I wrote such a long reply. I hope it helps

7. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Definitely appreciate your answers! Now I don't look at meth as so "dirty". I have only done it once and would like to do it again, but is afraid of getting stuff that's cut.

8. tweakerbell

tweakerbell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o
    swim hates it when there is so much cut u cough. if i wanted to cough I would smoke a fat blunt lol:smoking:

9. renegades

renegades Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A I could tell just by looking at the meth whether it has been adulterated or not. Crystal Meth lives up to its name it is all crystals. Methamphetamine is usually found in the underground markets as powder or crystals. Street meth, like many other street drugs, is often cut or is not meth at all. "Glass" or "Crystal" are terms used to describe street meth that appears as clear crystals instead of powder, reducing the chance that the meth is cut with filler or that it is crushed up amphetamine or methylphenidate (Ritalin) tablets. Never buy powdered meth, guarenteed it has been step on with who knows what.