Opinions - Good Movies to Watch While Tripping

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Tales of Power, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Tales of Power

Tales of Power Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone have any recommendations of provoking films/dvds that are good to watch while tripping. I ask because I am studying what films are thought of as pleasant to watch while on mushrooms. Thanks.

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: DVDs or other shows?

In swim's experience he is enjoying the trip too much and is too involved in it to be able to watch a movie. Maybe with lower doses people could enjoy movies but otherwise swim and most people he knows would rather explore outdoors or simply enjoy the surroundings.

3. yj965

yj965 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The only time I could sit still long enough to watch anything would be on a low does as well. There has been a couple of times I has set down with some friends and ate one or two grams of some cubensis and watched Alice in Wonderland (swims loves this movie on acid). This small does is enough, sometimes, to produce slight visuals which is great with that movie but any lager dose and I will be to intrested on how different everything else is. I always ends up wondering outside in his woods on a trip, day or night, summer or winter.

4. Tales of Power

Tales of Power Newbie

Reputation Points:

Thanks alot for your input. Any ideas for any films that may be enjoyable on a lower dosage, say 2 g.

5. Flimmar

Flimmar Newbie

Reputation Points:

I had ablast watching Scarface. First off, he couldn't understand a thing of what Tony Montana was saying, and besides Tony says "FUCK!" so many times, it's hilarious. "Don't FUCK with me - I'm Tony Montana" - made me laugh! :D

Otherwise, I think that movie with Pink Floyd, that would be fun, no?

6. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
    Ok... most people will be frightened by this, and rightly should, but one of the best films I have ever watched on shrooms or lsd, was natural born killers, everyone has seen it, and it seems like a terrible thing to subject your psyche to, compared to say, stareing into a puddle of water for 120 minutes(which I have enjoyed in the past)
    NBK is an amazing comentary on the media, but seems very very extreme to experiance on psychedelics, and it is. However,SWIM and a few others, have noticed that the experiance itself is one that is directed at "altered" people, having hidden scenes and lines sprinkled thru it. It is not quite as grusome/disturbing on psychedelics, yet is much more impactfull, realk, and... evolved.
    Seeing it on psychedelics gives you an outside perspective one it, altho, for the sake of your psyche, make sure everyone viewing has seen it recently, doing that, you will also notice the differences.
    I was a sceptic, but tried it, and can confirm, that lines are in the movie while on psychedelics, that arent there normaly. SWIM, always the sceptic, listened attentivly to the movie while watching sober after the expetriance, and heard a few lines obviously hidden and incomprehensible, some could be made out with attentive listening, but some where just garbled messes that wher obviously human speach, tampered with by machine... 50-75% of what I saw and heard was still there but hidden, when sober...
    It is honestly one of the most amazing experiances in film I have gone thru, and the message from the movie itself is amazing too, and it burns itself into you thru the reality, and absudity, of the story.

oh.. also, check out Chronos, baraka, Koyaanisquatsi, Powaqqatsi, and Nagoyagatsi. All of those films are AMAZING no need to prep, nothing shocking, just... beauty, amazing beauty.... The colours and sounds works very well together... beautifull....
    If you have an hdtv, get it in hd, as it's worth it. If you dont have HDTV, buy the (hd)dvd(goes without saying, that), or, depending on your ethics, download the hd version, to watch on your pc's monitor, the hd is realy worth it.

PS. watch NBK.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2007
  7. Flimmar

Flimmar Newbie

Reputation Points:

SWIM also recommended watching some BBC produced nature/animal-programs in the LSD section.

These programs have been made with the most beautiful music, and the landscapes the programs have been shot in, are so beautiful.

It's on the telly every Thursday here in Denmark - it's called "Our Planet".

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  8. Tales of Power

Tales of Power Newbie

Reputation Points:

NBK! Brilliant. I have seen some of the "Our Planets" also, and the underwater episodes would be interesting also. I am also considering The Fountain when it comes out on DVD....Swim loves that movie and Aronofsky.

9. whatswimdo

whatswimdo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    66 y/o from U.K.
    Beer Money

So My friends and I were tripping in his house. Nothing was very easy to keep focus'd on (which SWIM liked). The TV was on this whole time. and for a brief moment. SWIM decided to pay attention to the TV as something important was going on in a movie that was on.

There was a big headed green alien walking around a camp site with a lit fire inspecting things, with his ship behind him. Intent on following this story line. SWIM kept watching. as a man in a bush pulled back his Hunting Bow and shot at the alien. Let me tell you now! NOTHING and i mean NOTHING is more funny than watching an arrow go straight into the forehead of a big headed green alien. SWIM almost pissed Himself laughing. It was so funny, and so unexpected. Not to worry though, the alien did not die. it only passed out.

Catching movies at certain parts while Tripping can be absolutely the funniest thing ever, unfortunately try catching a glimpse of SAW unexpectedly or some other movie like it. that can set things in a bad way.

SWIM strongly suggests watching Beer Money while tripping.

What other movies do you guys think are fun like this

10. Flimmar

Flimmar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Beer Money

http://imdb.com/title/tt0100802/ Total Recall.

I saw this movie while he was really stoned, but had a great laugh the whole movie through. I am telling you, it's so damn hilarious.

11. Mr Wolf

Mr Wolf Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

SWIM really likes South Park on shrooms.
    Nice simple images and colours and enough laughing to make your sides hurt.
    And they're nice and short too!

12. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Waking Life by Richard Linklater, is pretty trippy and discusses various interesting topics.. Something to think about, with enough visual effects to keep one involved..

13. WhiteRhino420

WhiteRhino420 Newbie

Reputation Points:

Swim loved watching The Pick of Destiney when he came up on shrooms
    The part where JB ate the shrooms, I could not stop laughing

14. whatswimdo

whatswimdo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    66 y/o from U.K.

SWIM's Friend remembers watching The Dark Crystal. He said it was way awsome. Hard to follow though i'm sure. That movie is hard to follow sober lol. But it's a great movie.

15. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

pink flamingoes,down the rabbit hole AKA what the bleep do we know,wakeing life,scanner darkly,salton sea,desperate living,female trouble

16. whatswimdo

whatswimdo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    66 y/o from U.K.

Salton Sea was an awsome movie, one of Val's best roles IMHO