Goodbye to Mimosa in the USA

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Beeker, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It's come down the pipe that the US is going to stop all import and sales of dry plant material that contain DMT. No Mimosa, no nothing. Say goodbye to my favorite plant teachers. fuck you America.

Now I have to grow phalaris or something..

2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Thats terrible news. Do you know when this will take effect?

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    raedon- Please post an article, or official government announcement about this.

4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Yea I would like confirmation. Would this mean that mimosa is now illegal or does it just mean that is cannot be imported. I dont think this has taken effect and has heard nothing of this but an article would be nice. IF this is true its the worst news in a while since farming is not an option for some. :( this is very sad news to SWIM.

5. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    no just bulk dried material that has no use. I have nothing I can point to just have an old friend who is a pilot for the XXX. He gave me a call and said that there was a meeting about the possible future enforcement of imported dried plant materials from south america.

6. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    raedon- thanks for your second hand gossip, but your private sources and buddies are not enough reason to state something as fact. This isn't a play ground of rumors, this is a forum to discuss drugs... and by making a statement like that without any backup other than "my buddy told me so" is not contibuting to the site at all, infact it takes away from the site by adding yet another thread that holds no weight.

In the future, when you hear something like that, mention it in an existing thread that you heard from a buddy that may or may not know anything that xyz may be in the future. Do not state rumors as fact. Thank you

7. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Sorry, it just pissed me off.. I so sick of the drug war. Delete the post and expect the worst.

8. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    There was talk on another forum that most of the ethno vendors have stooped selling it because of customs problems.

9. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim's having no problems, neither are my friends.

10. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    For vendor specific information, see the sources forum.

11. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim thinks this might also have something to do with the Alan Shoemaker case.

12. condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This will just introduce New teks for trypamine plants that grow here in the US. The alkaloid % may be slighlty lower than MHRB, but not much will change. There'll be more experimenting with plant materials, And someone will just get a new tek down pat, who knows it may be more effective & less cost since it doesn't have to be imported !!!

13. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    There are other teks, some good for growing specific plants that contain D but it just seems that the mimosa extractions are the most popular because of the easiness of the process. SWIM means if you look at mars ek and follow it you will get D. The other teks arent quite so clear cut but maybe experimentation will lead to more discoveries. Does anyone have any sitations for this, and also do you have any information on Alan Shoemaker? I have only heard of one bust with d containing plants and he believes it was B cappi vine but not sure.

So they stoped because of customs problems? That really sucks. If they do bann it is going to be hard to ship bulk amounts of bark so it will probably be long gone. :( :( times infinity. What has this world come to? There is no right to pursue happiness, that should be a fundamental right but it is the one that we are least able to enjoy. Bummer.

Hopefully this is just specifically for a few vendors who are having problems. They are getting so strict about this stuff the day surely will come weather it is no or in a few months down the road. Hopefully one day our society will know more about this magnificant tool and respect it for what it is. The teks have come so far in the last few years I am sad to see all the hard work put into research being largley ignored and such a harmless chemical even being illegal. Maybe one day the world will learn but the way things look society (one in particular) is just going down hill.

14. freemynd

freemynd Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I did notice that Mimose Hostilis Rootbark is missing from xxxxxx...strange?

EDITED BY MARSOFOLD. NO DISCUSSION OF SOURCES HERE!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2006
  15. jaguarangel

jaguarangel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This seems strange after a court in New Mexico passed the religious use of Ayahuasca by the UDV.

16. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    No, it is actually caused by this ruling of the suppreme court.

17. freemynd

freemynd Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If the above is true - is it still safe to order online? SWIM noticed that some vendors don't have it anymore. Anyone know a link to this ruling - or if it's final?

18. glorf

glorf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the only related supreme court ruling that i know of is this:

http://www.drugpolicy.org/news/022206supcourt.cfm

has anyone tried emailing the former suppliers? speculation is cheap, but it wouldn't surprise me if any problems are due to Customs. its not like they have to let it in, and really i'm surprised that they have thus far. the growing trade and the huge number of threads at various sites dealing with Mimose Hostilis Rootbark are IMHO unwise, unless the aim was to shut the Mimose Hostilis Rootbark trade down. you know, the squeaky wheel and the nail sticking out deal.

19. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Now where would you search for a file?

20. freemynd

freemynd Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, I don't suppose it would be a file - but more a link on say the supreme court's website (ie http://www.supremecourtus.gov)