Health - Got put on a life pill -Coumadin

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Beeker, May 3, 2006.

1. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I got put on a life of pill a day Courmadin, a blood clot thinner ususally for the very old. in had a blood clot slide into my right eye and it cut off the board to the retina for two months last summer manking SWIM a 25/250 vision. I have a genetic problem that can't be fixed. I take Ritalin every day so one more pill should be fine right? wrong, I've got ringing in my ears like I just left a concert, horrible "inner-mind" pain. I feel very faint. I've known it was a rat poison that causes them to bleed out of everything, that is the overdose.

I feel I'm not being told the truth about this drug or something.

Jump ahead and skip the pitty, now I got all sorts of issues and the Dr's REFUSE to say anything but, "Lots of drugs interect with Coumadin." Well thank your very fucking much PHdick! It's the same thing, don't answer anything at get sued.

Web info is fairly lacking but here are the risks of the known interations.

Warfarin Sodium, Crystalline, USP
    3-(alpha-Acetonylbenzyl)-4-hydroxycoumarin Sodium Salt
    C19H15NaO4 F.W. 330.31 CAS: 129-06-6

These thin the blood out more, so web page says.
    Specific Drugs Reported
    acetaminophen
    fluconazole
    penicillin G,intravenous
    alcohol
    fluorouracil
    pentoxifylline
    allopurinol
    fluoxetine
    phenylbutazone
    aminosalicylic acid
    flutamide
    phenytoin†
    amiodarone HCl
    fluvastatin
    piperacillin
    aspirin
    fluvoxamine
    piroxicam
    atorvastatin†
    gemfibrozil
    pravastatin†
    azithromycin
    glucagon
    prednisone†
    capecitabine
    halothane
    propafenone
    cefamandole
    heparin
    propoxyphene
    cefazolin
    ibuprofen
    propranolol
    cefoperazone
    ifosfamide
    propylthiouracil†
    cefotetan
    indomethacin
    quinidine
    cefoxitin
    influenza virus vaccine
    quinine
    ceftriaxone
    itraconazole
    ranitidine†
    celecoxib
    ketoprofen
    rofecoxib
    cerivastatin
    ketorolac
    sertraline
    chenodiol
    levamisole
    simvastatin
    chloramphenicol
    levofloxacin
    stanozolol
    chloral hydrate
    levothyroxine
    streptokinase
    chlorpropamide
    liothyronine
    sulfamethizole
    cholestyramine†
    lovastatin
    sulfamethoxazole
    cimetidine
    mefenamic acid
    sulfinpyrazone
    ciprofloxacin
    methimazole†
    sulfisoxazole
    cisapride
    methyldopa
    sulindac
    clarithromycin
    methylphenidate
    tamoxifen
    clofibrate
    methylsalicylate ointment
    tetracycline
    COUMADIN overdose
    (topical)
    thyroid
    cyclophosphamide†
    metronidazole
    ticarcillin
    danazol
    miconazole
    ticlopidine
    dextran
    (intravaginal,systemic)
    tissue plasminogen
    dextrothyroxine
    moricizine hydrochloride†
    activator (t-PA)
    diazoxide
    nalidixic acid
    tolbutamide
    diclofenac
    naproxen
    tramadol
    dicumarol
    neomycin
    trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole
    diflunisal
    norfloxacin
    urokinase
    disulfiram
    ofloxacin
    valproate
    doxycycline
    olsalazine
    vitamin E
    erythromycin
    omeprazole
    zafirlukast
    ethacrynic acid
    oxaprozin
    zileuton
    fenofibrate
    oxymetholone
    fenoprofen
    paroxetine
    also: other medications affecting blood elements which may modify hemostasis dietary deficiencies prolonged hot weather unreliable PT/INR determinations
    † increased and decreased PT/INR responses have been reported.

Specific Drugs Reported
    alcohol
    COUMADIN underdosage
    phenytoin†
    aminoglutethimide
    cyclophosphamide†
    pravastatin†
    amobarbital
    dicloxacillin
    prednisone†
    atorvastatin†
    ethchlorvynol
    primidone
    azathioprine
    glutethimide
    propylthiouracil†
    butabarbital
    griseofulvin
    raloxifene
    butalbital
    haloperidol
    ranitidine†
    carbamazepine
    meprobamate
    rifampin
    chloral hydrate
    6-mercaptopurine
    secobarbital
    chlordiazepoxide
    methimazole†
    spironolactone
    chlorthalidone
    moricizine hydrochloride†
    sucralfate
    cholestyramine†
    nafcillin
    trazodone
    clozapine
    paraldehyde
    vitamin C (high dose)
    corticotropin
    pentobarbital
    vitamin K
    cortisone
    phenobarbital

The most serious risks associated with anticoagulant therapy with warfarin sodium are hemorrhage in any tissue or organ and, less frequently (<0.1%), necrosis and/or gangrene of skin and other tissues. The risk of hemorrhage is related to the level of intensity and the duration of anticoagulant therapy. Hemorrhage and necrosis have in some cases been reported to result in death or permanent disability. Necrosis appears to be associated with local thrombosis and usually appears within a few days of the start of anticoagulant therapy. In severe cases of necrosis, treatment through debridement or amputation of the affected tissue, limb, breast or penis has been reported. Careful diagnosis is required to determine whether necrosis is caused by an underlying disease. Warfarin therapy should be discontinued when warfarin is suspected to be the cause of developing necrosis and heparin therapy may be considered for anticoagulation. Although various treatments have been attempted, no treatment for necrosis has been considered uniformly effective. See below for information on predisposing conditions. These and other risks associated with anticoagulant therapy must be weighed against the risk of thrombosis or embolization in untreated cases.

----

My question - wtf and I going to relace clozapine, ritalin with?

What will happpen if I use an MAOI.. Could net the doctors so anything but ask what I'm on an MAOI for. Mescaline, 2c's, organic Tryps.

Anyone got some real info that could save me from a darwin? This drug is known to cause jaundice, the green, and toues loss. I'm 60 years from being in the realm of this crud.

I have people tell me it's a good thing because if you do play it right, and trust me, this is a very small window compound. Don't dring so that takes care of the one that does kill with this med. Alcohol increases the thining of the blood much more thern either alone. a rat poison kills by in kinda nasty way to me if I forgot and double dosed. I meen, the rats organs bleed away and they die in a pool of blood. o_O

Bonus, lowered my likelyhood of heart attack.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Go find another doctor. I wouldn't let Bongo near this.

3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    seriously...listen to nagognog...warfarin has alot of interactions with alot of types of drugs. switch doctors and find something else to serve that purpose or do your homework first on what You could switch it to. definitely do not be messing with any recreational drugs until You has done this, the potential for dangerous interactions is too high.

4. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    My question - wtf are you taking clozapine for, and are you having regular blood tests? Clozapine is licensed only for treatment resistant psychosis, sometimes used off-label for treatment resistant personality disorder, although this latter I feel is a way of thinning the poulation of some rather disruptive elements... One side effect of clozapine is thromboembolism - i.e clotting. I'd suggest rethinking the clozapine. It's really a very dirty drug, with a list of unwanted effects and interactions (including increased toxicity with MAOI's) as long as, if not longer than warfarin.

5. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    This is a THIRD opinion from 3 blood doctors over the US. "No other options"

"This is the only drug that will help you."

There is a good chance I'm better off dropping it and just dying of a blood clot in my 50's.

Why do you think I posted here? :( Oh and Klonopin.. sorry)

6. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    This sucks. Only thing I can read about are old people who forgot they dosed and did 3x to much ending up in the Hospital to watch their foot fall off.

I hate this crap. All these years and they couldn't remove a clot from my eye saving my vision though they could see it and they tell me I need to buy rat poison as the only choice for a normal life! Anyone got some leaches? Maybe drill a hole in the head to realease the evil?

I thought there were my Dr's here with all the, "Ohhh that will cause brain damage." but now this is a VERY serious thing.

I HAVE to make a choice on this in the next month or removing it from my body will make my condition worse. No Anon Dr's have any answers, no patients are under 60 and didn't have a stroke or heart attack.

SWIM can never have true 3D OEV anymore because the right vision is just a big blurry hue and it happened in a 6 hour period! I was in a hospital for 5 days with doctors telling me I'd see again in 6 months when they came in for their 1 min "hey! bye!" visits that sued and won because they charged $1000 everyday just to say "hi!"

I've got no answers.. none! I ever fall into alcohol again I DIE. Car crash.. dead, bad fracture.. DEAD.

I am sick of the 200,000 grand in insurance claims for a cruddy room with prison food. SWIM hates America and I want every one who is profiting off pain not cures to be thrown in a pit and limed. my tired of Drs and lies and the religious republican agenda of greed. America is now so thin that a breeze could topple everything.

In a way SWIM wishes the mexicans would take over the US now. At least I could get my teeth fixed for $500 not $8000 and my prescriptions from a Dr. at the pharmacy.

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Welcome to the Land Of The Czars! They had a recessive gene for hemophilia, ya know...

I'd make it my life mission to find a new doctor. And not give the potential doctor ANY information regards what you were told before. Saying to a doctor: "So and So said I had bla, bla, bla and prescribed....." can poison the well. Give it a try.

I had a quack (Quack: bad doctor) tell my parents, when I was a kid with migraines, that I could only be helped by taking lithium and my blood-levels monitored twice a week. If we wanted a second opinion (we did), he had a list of doctors who would back him up! When he was cornered as to why he would not just give me some pain-killers and be done with it ( my dad's suggestion as he used to have migraines also), the good doctor said that he could tell by the length of my hair that I would become a drug-addict and he could lose his license to practice medicine. I still have his letter. Quack!

So find a doctor who has no clue about you. MAYBE you can get out of this rat-poison sentence. I sure hope so.

8. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM can't find any drug on the market that controls blood cell count and properties like this. I spent all night looking for anything.

9. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Raedon - you haven't answered the question regarding clozapine; is SWiR actually taking it, if so why, and is SWiR having regular blood tests? Clozapine is a substance that has serious health implications (including reduced immune response, increased risk of embolism & thrombosis) if not regularly monitored.

If SWiR is taking this med I strongly recommend you get in touch with your psychiatrist or whoever prescribed it for you and demand you have a Clozaril blood test asap.

In the U.K. clozaril is prescribed as an absolute last resort for treatment resistant schizophrenia & occasionally manic depression, and only then by a psychiatrist, and after successful registration with the Clozaril Monitoring Service following an ecg and full blood count. After prescripton weekly blood tests are required for the first 6 months, then fortnightly for the next 6 months, going to 4 weekly after 12 months with no problems. Pharmacies are not allowed to dispense clozaril without proof of a successful blood count.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  10. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't think he's actually taking clozapine, he said in a previous post.

"Oh and Klonopin ... sorry"

I'm think this means he mistook clozapine for clonazepam when he was posting.

Is this correct Raedon?