Grainne Kenny sets her sights on peyote ban (Ireland)

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Abrad, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    This article appeared in today’s Irish Sunday Mirror.

And an editorial from the same paper.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    This sends a chill down my spine but I don't know whether it's because a mescaline cactus ban is imminent or if it's the Sunday Mirror's uncomfortably biased reporting that's doing it. I feel I'm verging on the state of panic. Where's the nearest balcony?

In all seriousness though, it's a very different proposition trying to ban a relatively un-used plant like peyote as opposed to magic mushrooms. The same deal goes for salvia. There was hype in some papers about it but the controversy quickly fizzled out when it was realised it wasn't based on anything. Thousands of people tried magic mushrooms when the headshops went into full swing selling them. I doubt anywhere near that amount of people have used peyote since its become available commercially. No mention of San Pedro or Peruvian Torch either which is encouraging. I just hope this one blows over. I'll be seriously pissed off if it doesn't because scientifically and statistically there's nothing that proves peyote and other mescaline cacti are dangerous drugs in need of banning. The mushroom ban had the momentum of that death behind it in comparison. Fingers crossed.

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Yeah, peyote is an exotic drug, rarely used. The dumb witch has named the wrong mescaline cactus.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    There are so many holes in this woman's rant that I could drive a tandem tractor-trailer through it sideways. As a part-blood Native American, it sure is nice to know that we no longer honor our beliefs with peyote. And that we are from Central America!

What an ass.

5. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    An almost identical article appeared today, this time claiming that peyote can cause schizophrenia.