1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Oral use - grandma's kratom-food recipes

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by trashbird, Feb 12, 2008.

1. trashbird

trashbird Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    A friend's grandmother bought a pound of low quality thai leaf (tapering from extract...seems to be harder to get addicted when it's much more difficult to dose) and was stumped as to how to consume the necessary (for her) 15-25 grams. The toss/wash method is bearable for her, but she prefers to take it before her manual labor job, and needs to have food in her stomach. Here are some findings.

kratom oatmeal: maybe the easiest on the stomach...lots of oatmeal, water, 15g (this is as much as can reasonably be added to a normal quantity of oatmeal), peanut butter, honey. This is maybe a 5 on a scale of 1-10 in disgustingness...bearable.

kratom freezer cookies: melt a stick of butter, add a few tablespoons of sugar, cocoa powder (1TB?), 2-3 TB natural peanut butter...turn off heat, stir in up to 40 grams kratom, a cup of oats...optional coconut shavings (yum). Very tasty...sorry, grandma never measures preciceley, just eyeballs it. 2 doses. Put the mixture in the freezer and break off hunks/eat it like a cookie. Grandma is on a high calorie diet because she has a job breaking down pallets of heavy boxes all day, which is why she takes kratom.

kratom granola: same as cookies, only minus the peanut butter, and a little extra oatmeal...optionally add flax meal. Great way to start the day. Same taste as cookies...only a 2 or 3 on the disgustingness scale.

kratom "syrup"...add powdered kratom to honey and let it slide down the throat...grandma shys away from this, as it takes about three spoons of honey to eat three spoons of kratom powder, and that's too much sugar for her.

other food tips: never, ever toss and wash with an acidic beverage...gives the "orange juice after toothpaste" reaction. Mint milkshakes with kratom are very palatable... grandma only did that once, with extract though. Overall, she finds it wise to take kratom on a medium full stomach...seems to slow it down a little. Efficiency wise, the toss and wash on an empty stomach is best though. Tea, to grandma, is utterly disgusting and a waste of herb.

2. trashbird

trashbird Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    cheese kratomlettes...a new one...works fairly well, but she can only handle 5g material per 2 eggs.

3. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I disagree with the Kratom/Acidic drink combo warning - I find that doing the TnW with grapefruit juice is perfect - the sour overpowers the bitter.

But hey - different strokes for different folks.

Swim thinks that for tea-concoctions a mint combo is the best - particularly slightly sweetened.

4. trashbird

trashbird Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    That's weird...grandma was specifically talking about gfj too. Makes her gag. Maybe it's the type of grapefruit (red), or the type of kratom. She's recently abandoned all other recipes in favor of first sifting (they left the veins in), then mixing with vanilla yogurt...actually improves the flavor of the yogurt.

5. axiomcrux

axiomcrux Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Shot of expresso and the high powered 89% extract, grandma said you cant taste the kratom, and you get the added boost of the caffine which mixes well with the mitragynine stimulant.

delicious 7 hydroxy

6. Graduisic

Graduisic Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Kratom Pizza

Swim sprinkled a thick layer of crushed bali leaves over an already cooked personal pizza and he is totally blown away at how the taste is completely masked; the cheese and sauce helps to tone down the rough consistency; as a matter of fact, the taste combination was pleasant! adding a little special seasoning is definitely the way to eat pizza for swim

edit really quick: i see a lot of individual threads on different recipes using kratom, maybe a sticky for 'Kratom Recipes' would be useful?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  7. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor Supporter

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Kratom Pizza

That sounds gross, but pondering it further, I think it could work. I would probably dump a bunch of hot sauce on too to cover up every last bit of kratom taste. Let us know if it works just as well the next time You tries it.

I added this post to the basic food recipe thread we have, but some of the other related threads are long enough that it would be confusing to merge. For now I will simply post links to relevant threads.

Grandma's Kratom Chocolate

Kratom Jello Experiment

This may be useful ----> Ways to mask kratom’s taste

8. chemlove

chemlove Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Kratom freezer cookies sound like an excellent thing, or so says my friend.

I was wondering that when he does kratom he gets really itchy though and wanted some advice as to how to remove that from his experience. Is he taking too much is he in the wrong enviroment is he just nervous a combination or none of the above. Thanks.

9. skylined

skylined Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Nowadays I just bear with the tea... chug like hell and chase it down with juice.

I did try a coffee flavored slurpee once and that was great, would be perfect with less than 10grams or powder if you don't like the consistency. I hate it, my food proccessor can't grind it up enough.

10. skylined

skylined Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    The slurpee allows the kratom to be suspended in the drink, and the bitterness masks the kratom taste well. Sorry I don't know how to edit.