Great Recipe, but questions...

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by serotonin, Nov 19, 2004.

1. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Here is a really simple, fast, easy and usefull recipe. i have used it numerous times.

ingredients: 2 crackers, peanut butter, mary jane

Get 2 crackers, smear alot of peanut butter on both of them, add about a joint's worth of finely shookmarijuana and close the crackers together, peanut butter inside. Wrap in foil and cook at 300 degrees(farenheit...(sp?)) for 20 minutes.

now, i find this extremely usefull, considering i am not always in the best places to be smelling like marijuana, and i don't always have an ounce on me to make a full batch of brownies. i have used it about 6 times. but my question is sometimes it works incredably, and sometimes it doesn't do anything at all.

I have considered a wide number of factors that could cause this. the amount, potency of the marijuana has been ruled out because i have used the same kind, in the exact some dosage, with two completely different results. another would be temperature and heat, which i am positive are not affecting it (i have done the exact same procedure each time). another one would be developing a strange tolerance where as one were to trip out one night, and the very next feel nothing at all. but that was ruled out when (weeks later) i took one and nothing happend at all, and the very next day an incredable experience.

i thought about the amount of tin foil i wrapped it in. no change. i really can't think of anything that would account for this. and let's not forget stomach contents (or "non-contents" for that matter).

if anyone has ever used this recipe before, whether or not you experienced the same phenomena or not, then feedback would be appreciated.

in fact, even if you havn't used to recipe, but know a thing or two about oral thc comsumption. oh! and one more question. how would not eating it immediatly after making it or eating it more than 12 or so hours later affect it, if at all.

any and all opinions/comments/suggestions etc. are appreciated.

2. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When it didn't work, had you eaten anything just before you ate your cracker?

BA

3. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i really don't think that was a big factor when it comes to potency. it most definatly affected the rate of absorbation though.

one time it worked extremely well, and i had eaten right before (full meal). another time i didn't eat anything for a while before, and it worked well. another time i ate right before (full meal) and it worked extremely well. AND finally, another time, i didn't eat anything for a while beforehand, and it did nothing.

so pretty much every situation... i have already taken this into consideration.

4. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    does that recipe work in the microwave? i heard to do it for like 20 sec. but i also heard the microwave will kill thc..does anyone know?

5. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have heard that it will work in the microwave. but the temperature/time (which i don't even remember) will vary from microwave to microwave.

oven is your best bet (it produces no smell by the way)

6. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    alright thanks, i'll have to try it and see how it works out for me

7. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm going to do it saturday, I'll let you know

BA

8. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I cant say for sure, but I bet its a tolerance thing. Especially if the same enviroment, weed, ect are the same. Like mushrooms, and having to do twice as much the day after a trip.</font>

9. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    Active ingredients in M/J are soluble in oil.

Maybe you had not enough oil.

Next time try mixing peanut oil in with peanut butter.

You can bake it by itself and when when M/J has
    been thoroughly mixed and baked, you can use it as
    a spread.

M/J peanutbutter.
    Yum!

10. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i'm pretty sure it's not a tolerance thing. on one occasion i ate one and it did nothing, then the very next night i ate roughly the same amount and had full effects.

i have taken everything possible into account. it's just a phenomenon really, i don't understand it.

[happy trippin' BA... hope it works for you!][​IMG]

11. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    god i love peanutbutter
    god i love miss mary

my mouth is watering just from the thought

i want a toasted peanutbutter and m/j on a huge loaf of bread...maybe not THAT huge..

have to go try this out

Paul