Cooking - Green Dragon

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by chemicalalchemi, Feb 9, 2005.

1. chemicalalchemi

chemicalalchemi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    I was reading about an alcohol and weed drink called "Green Dragon", I
    was wondering if anyone had any personal experiences with it.

2. poweredbyhate

poweredbyhate Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I have some personal experience with it. Green Dragon is
    basically marijuana-infused alcohol. THC is soluble in alcohol,
    so by placing marijuana in alcohol, the THC should leach out.
    Most methods I've read suggest putting marijuana in high proof alcohol
    (like Everclear, for example) and letting it sit for anywhere from a
    few hours to a few weeks.

In my attempts to make Green Dragon, I placed about a quarter ounce (~7
    grams) into a 750mL bottle of vodka. I left it for about a week,
    then filtered out all the plant material. After this time, the
    vodka was a nasty greenish-brown colour. It smelled very bad and
    tasted even worse. I attempted to drink some with my
    brother and another friend, and we couldn't even finish a single drink
    each, as it was so disgusting. I ended up giving it to another
    friend who actually liked the taste [​IMG] and he said he got very drunk and slightly high from the concoction.

I personally wouldn't try it again, as the taste was so bad. For me, it was a waste of both alcohol and weed.

3. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Try making green dragon and then putting lots of ice cubes in it. Then but the whole mix in a blender. Might improve the taste.

4. OmniPresent

OmniPresent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I never made it... but if u dont like the taste u can always cover it up with some high grade alcohole:

instead of putting weed into vodaca or what ever...

put hash oil intoo 80 - 90% pure alcohol, if u did this well, one
    single drink (small) will get u fucked up as hell, and taste just like
    alcohol (pure alcohol, if u ever tried it :p)

BUT NEVER use the 99% stuff, that is not helthy... lol

5. The_Great_Sage

The_Great_Sage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well i heard from some bar tender freinds that it is actually quite good tasting if you mix it with the right drinks. and that if you are rich then go all out on the amount of weed you put in. but ive had personal experiance with homemade wine or moonshine it fucked me to hell and back (naturally i could feel the drunk more than the high)

6. Tm3^

Tm3^ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Have anyone tried to make green dragon with marijuana and wormwood? Does it work and is it worth the effort?

7. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    I doubt there's any point to put wormwood into the mixture. I know that wormwood is used in making absinth but I still wouldn't mix it with weed.

8. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I has tried green dragon and inhis experience the alcahol overweighs the weed and you just end up very drunk......

waste of buds

however on a sidenote I am a lightweight drinking and very much not a lightweight when it comes to buds.

9. super_mega_doom

super_mega_doom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I tried a green dragon and it sucked. I put about 2 big buds and coverd them up with Jack and let them sit for 3 weeks. All that happened was I got drunk and a little giggley.

10. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Have someone else make your Green Dragon.

I have tried (in the past) to make Green Dragon. My experience is pretty similar to the others.

But, I live in California. Several Med Marijuana clubs sell there own version of Green Dragon, AND it tastes good. My favorite concoction is made with brandy.

The main reason (as I see it) that someone should want to use Green Dragon, is, slosh some under your tongue. This method is called sublingual. When I use it, it is a further fuel source, to supplement smoking it (or, actually, Vaporizing it).

Popping some under my tongue, provides a powerful (but short-lived) boost to the experience. It sends me to a deeper awareness of the affects. It also is an easy-to-use form of pot. I can use it freely in public, without people knowing what I'm doing (a real plus).Edited by: Dennis-The

11. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well ive read ur guys' posts about getting more drunk than high, would it work better if u had say a medicine cup (about 30 mLi think) and filled it with alchohol and then put a big ass bud in it? that way it would be a very low amount of alcohol but still have the THC

12. Mezza

Mezza Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    Green dragon defintely works, but it tastes freaking awful!!! You should extract the THC with another method, and then infuse your alcholic beverage of choice with that. Throw some powdered cubensis mushrooms, caffeine,andtaurinein there for a little extra kick:)

Mezza

13. Nerd

Nerd Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't think y'all are making it quite right. He hasn't made a "knock you on your butt" batch yet, but he has made some good stuff. Everyone's right about one thing though: does taste fowl.

SWIM actually made some tonight! He ground up about a quarter of some regulo, stems and all, baked that @ 325 for five minutes, infused it in 5 fl oz of everclear at 170 degrees for twenty mins, strained out the plant material, then let it cool. About fifteen minutes ago, he took 1 ml sublingual style. So did his girl... And now she's praying to the porcilin god.

SWIM's feeling pretty good though. :)

He isn't effed up, but he feels it. He's thinking he'll cut it with some peach shnapps, then have a shot of peachy Green Dragon with Mountain Dew... If he isn't completely messed up in a few minutes...

- a few minutes later -

Yeah, next time he'll use more weed. 1 ml is enough to feel something, but I say he's gonna mix in the shnapps and have a shot of the stuff inna drink. ;)

Nerd added 31 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Bleph. Ok. Don't mix with Mountain Dew. Blah! But I am feeling goooooooood... ;)

He says the flavor's tooo smokie for a sweet drink... Perhaps in coffee? Or mixed with a little whiskey and enjoyed with some summer sausage and provalone on crackers? Mmm...

Now SWIM's hungry.

Nerd added 837 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

In conclusion: I say a whole shot of that stuff was WAY too much! He says he hasn't been that stoned in a LONG time. It just took two hours to kick in... And he's still a little light headed. ;)

Hope these little posts helped anyone who's wondering about the Green Dragon. Happy Cooking!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  14. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have always calibrated his Dragon so that the amount of alcohol consumed in a full dose is pretty small - like 1/2 a shot for a BIG dose. He usually does a couple droppers from a tincture bottle, that way you get high but no alcohol buzz (and if you want both buzzes, just add a few drops to your favorite booze.)

It's better to have it concentrated this way, so you can sort of do whatever you want with it.

Don't add wormwood, unless you want it to taste REALLY bad. But a few drops in a glass of absinthe (or better yet, green Chartreuse) can be fine. Those strong herbal flavors kind of mask the overwhelming taste of the Dragon. But yeah, the taste is pretty strong. Using hash or hash oil makes a milder liquid.

Nerd: for the whisky suggestion, Thank You! Swim just subbed Green Dragon for the bitters in an Old Fashioned...Capital! Whisky and GD seem to get along swimmingly.

15. Nerd

Nerd Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Awesome! That does sound good! Glad I could help. :) Whiskey seemed like the only alcohol who's flavor would go well with the smoky flavor of the Green Dragon. Been thinking about what else might be good with it. Guiness came to mind. (Never had Guiness in Ireland, but the stuff they ship over to the states is pasturised and very bitter.) Drop a shot of Green Dragon into half a glass of Guiness and chug. It could be called a Irish Dragon Bomb. ;)

SWIM also put a shot of it in milk. It really masked the flavor, but didn't seem to hit as hard (but he'd had a big meal prior to, so he's thinking that's what threw it off). He's gonna try it again on an empty stomach tonight and see if that yeilds better results.

16. Zoss

Zoss Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For a non alcoholic tincture one could also use glycerin as the solvent. Same procedure.

17. ImALumberjackAndImOK

ImALumberjackAndImOK Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Zoss, the local marsh hoodlums are going to prepare a cannabis extract with glycerin, using the "hot" technique, and will compare it with one of ethanol. Do you have any comments on the procedure or predictions as to a possible difference in the dissolved cannabinoid profile? I'd like to make sure the marsh hoodlums are at least practicing proper harm-reduction techniques and are fully educated about the possible outcomes and effects.

Overall, glycerol would be a much safer liquid. One could even raise the temperature of the water bath to +200 degrees without worrying about the solvent boiling off, theoretically.

The marsh hoodlums and I get along because they are fond of Carl Sagan, so look for experience reports from the ghost of Carl Sagan.

18. Lethargy

Lethargy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The last post in this thread occurred several months ago and Zoss may not answer. A few reports of glycerol extractions exist in this thread: https://drugs-forum.com/threads/152374

We cannot yet tell how it compares to an ethanol extraction but we would count any experiences and comparisons discovered as welcome additions to the general knowledge base.

19. zerozerohero

zerozerohero Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The rabbit proceeds as his grandma's old Genepy liqueur recepy indicates, replacing the Artemisia stems with weed or hashish, which also took the process out of the "all-in-the-bottle" mode, but it remains very simple.

It is extremely simple and requires only little work:

- 40g of bud, preferably fresh OR 20g of highest quality blonde marroccan hashish
    - 1/2 liter of 90% or if available 99% NON-DENATURATED alcohol + ~30cl of same alcohol on the side
    - 1/2 liter of demineralised water. Good mineral water works fine as well, avoid tap water because of the chlorines and other stuff one finds in there. + ~30cl of the same water, on the side.
    - 40 sugarcubes (singles aka the cubic ones, not doubles)
    - One large 1.5L glass bottle (like a wine magnum bottle), preferably dark glass(green or brown)
    - a funnel
    - a large glass or pyrex bowl

First either grind the Hashish to fine powder manually or grind the weed as small as you can after having removed stems, seed etc. ...

Put aside.

Take the 1/2 liter water and mix in the sugar.

Separate a small glass (0.1l) of alcohol from the extra 30cl and keep for later.

Take the hash/weed and mix into the rest of the alcohol.

Pour both sweetened water and alcohol+cannabis mixture into a large bowl and mix with a large wooden spoon (or any otherequivalent utensil) for a few minutes.

Place funnel on top of the large glass bottle (1.5L) and pour in the mixture.
    Use the small glass of alcohol to clean out the bowl and pour that into the bottle.
    Add the same amount of water (10cl or 0.1l) to the bottle as well.

Close the bottle off with a cork or any other airtight system and plca eit in a tempered, dark and dry place for about 40 days.

Go visit the bottle every week and give it a slight shake.

After 40 days, open the bottle and pour content into the bowl and stir again to get a more or less homogenous mix.

Make sure to clean out the bottle with a bit of alcohol (10cl will do) and pour that into the mix.

Then clean out the bottle in the kitchen sink and let it dry.

You can then proceed to finally bottle up the finished product:

Place the cheesecloth in the funnel and place the funnel onto your clean, dry bottle.

Start pouring the contents of the bowl gently into the funnel.

Once you're done, take an additionnal 10cl of alcohol and 10cl of water and pour them into the bowl to clean it up, then pour that into the funnel as well - you should by now have ~1.5l of liquid in your 1.5L bottle.

Squeeze the cheesecloth with its contents in order to get every last drop out of it, open cheeesecloth, stir the content around and press again, until nothing comes out anymore.

You're done. There might be a bit of residual matter that made it through the cheesecloth but that is not important. You're now lef with a liquor that should be about 35% to 45% alcohol, depending on how you adjusted the mix for yourself and what kind of alcohol was available.

This usually tastes like sweetened weed or hash, nothing ugly or disgraceful, but there's one tip though:

The taste of the final product strongly depends on what type of material one uses. In the case of weed it is advised to taste the weed first (a bit in the mouth) to see wether or not it is bitter, not bitter, very bitter, unbearably bitter - Some weed that he rabbit has grown was sweet tasting and only slightly bitter, other strains were very bitter and not sweet at all, so choose wisely.

Finally, one might also add other herbs, flowers etc. to alter the taste - there aer many blogs and sites that describe the making of different liquors, one may take inspiration from these as well.
    As far as cannaliquor goes, everything goes and since it is fairly easy preparation process, it is easy to take liberties and try different things.

This also probably works with honey butane oil but the rabbit has never tried.

Anyway, this method yields a very potent drink - one shot is enough to have a nice afternoon bythe rabbit's standards, and the taste is all but disgusting.

1. 4/5,
      Very thorough and detailed TEK. Sounds delicious!
      May 6, 2011