1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - Green Veined Borneo Kratom

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Electrolingus, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Electrolingus

Electrolingus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from ukraine
    Please add your experiences with Green Veined Borneo Kratom here. Please add dosage, route, and duration to the top of your post like this:

When posting a experience, please describe:
    • body weight & gender
    • dose taken
    • route of administration
    • Setting: in what environment it was taken.
    • duration of main effects
    • main effects
    • side effects
    • after effects
    • rating of the experience
    • any other valuable information

2. chronicroaster

chronicroaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Michigan, U.S.A.
    body weight & gender - 190 lbs. Male

dose taken - 4 grams

route of administration- Mixed with warm water and lemon juice and drank
    Setting: in what environment it was taken- At home with fiancé watching T.V. She ate some kratom, but another strain.

duration of main effects- Took 45 mins to peak. Lasted about 3 hrs

main effects- euphoria, (surprisingly) sedation, pain relief, overall good feeling

side effects- itchy feeling, slightly dizzy

rating of the experience - 4/5
    any other valuable information- I would recommend this strain to anyone. I am only trying 2-3 grams next time because 4 grams was almost too much because I almost fell asleep from the sedation. I have been using kratom for a long time and this strain beats any other in terms of potency and its the cheapest I have ever found.

3. chronicroaster

chronicroaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Michigan, U.S.A.
    I wrote this because I buy GVB every month, but this month I got my order in and this bag was extra potent for some reason. I normally would eat 5 grams, sometimes 5.5, but when I was powdering the Kratom for consumption I could tell it was more moist and smelled very fresh so I just stuck to 4 grams so I could gauge the potency and not take too much. I have never been sedated very much off GVB, but I was very sedated with this batch. I took another 3.5 grams GVB this morning and had another great experience with nice euphoria, followed by 4 grams in afternoon. Still sedated, lots of coffee.

4. balikrato

balikrato Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from U.S.A.
    Thanks to chronicroaster I gave GVB a try. Awesome is all I can say.

5. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Nice! :)
    Can you give us a detailed report?

I like stimulating strains myself, despite not being a fan of stimulants.
    I like to mix Sedating strains with Stimulating stains.

At the moment im enjoying a 50/50 mix of Green Malay and Red Vein Sumatra.
    It lasts as long as any strain ive felt and helps me do the house work for the first couple of hours and then crash out later on in the day :)

6. baselined

baselined Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Also one of my personal favorite blends!

I too am curious about this GVB strain. I haven't seen it at my regular vendor. Nor at any other I have used/researched it in the past for that matter.
    Would you say its like a stimulating red vein borneo? Or is it totally different?

7. chronicroaster

chronicroaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Michigan, U.S.A.
    I would say Green vein borneo is stimulating at very low doses of 2-3 grams. But once I get over the 3 gram point it starts to be sedating for me. That is the GVB from my vendor though. It is quite potent, I haven't had the chance to sample any GVB from another vendor. Everyone's body reacts different though, so it might be more stimulating for someone else since it is a Green vein.

8. SuperCaesarKratomSalad

SuperCaesarKratomSalad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    • body weight & gender: 170 Male
    • dose taken: 5 grams
    • route of administration: Toss & Wash
    • Setting: in what environment it was taken: Social Gathering
    • duration of main effects: 2 to 2.5 hours
    • main effects: Stimulation, Better Mood
    • side effects: None
    • after effects: None*
    • rating of the experience: 2/5 for a "high" 5/5 for a stimulation drug(compared to coffee)
    • any other valuable information: I took this on an empty stomach when I was in a really bad mood and super tired from staying up the night before. 30 min later I felt MUCH better! More talkative, not tired at all, just felt great and had no trouble talking to everyone! At the end of 2 hours I felt a tad of anxiety as the effects wore off but only very slightly. I wish I could take this every time I'm out with friends...I normally get bored and very bummed and I don't like it at all....Oh well. I took this because I was dead tired and it did the trick 101%. As far as being "high" there was no high or "euphoria".

SuperCaesarKratomSalad added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Oh also it is a Green Riau Kratom which I guess is the same as Sumatra....dunno if it's different than Borneo

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  9. Mr. Finklewoort

Mr. Finklewoort Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    • body weight & gender - Male, 130lbs.
    • dose taken - 5 grams of powder
    • route of administration - Mix with water, drink.
    • Setting: My house
    • duration of main effects -4 1/2 or so
    • main effects- Sedation, Euphoria, lessened anxiety, over all good feeling.
    • side effects - Mild nausea, itching, tiredness, dry mouth
    • after effects - Want to redose. Tired. nothing horrible.
    • rating of the experience - 4/5
    • any other valuable information - this is the first batch of kratom I've ever bought and it's amazing. Felt very much like an opiate like high, similar to hydrocodone. Good nice chill feeling and I would definitely say this stuff isn't a joke. It gets the job done.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  10. chronicroaster

chronicroaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Michigan, U.S.A.
    Not to rehash an old thread, but I am still taking the green vein borneo, but from a different vendor now since my old one closed down or the FDA made them close down. This green vein borneo or they call it actually green vein indo/borneo. It is still an awesome strain. I find the combination of 50/50 green vein indo/borneo with red vein borneo to be an awesome one. After years of kratom use I can really tell a good green vein borneo from a bad one.

11. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    It's still my strain of choice too :)
    I just picked up 500 grams and i usually mix it with Red Vein Borneo. This time i am also mixing it with Red Riau.
    Its still a great strain to have on its own though.
    When i think of all the money i wasted on Maeng Da it makes me wish i had found it earlier.

12. kim71

kim71 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    47 y/o from U.S.A.
    I'm new to kratom. To date I've only taken, Green Maeng da (1-2 grams), "Indo" (whatever that means aside from being from Indonesia--1-2 grams), Red vein Thai 2 grams), and, today, Green Vein Borneo (2 grams, as 1 gram had no affect on me or so I thought--perhaps I didn't account for any latent characteristics).

The Green Vein Borneo had the most unwelcomed side-effects--dizziness, heavy sedation and inability to think clearly, which unfortunately lasted longer than all the others I've taken so far. On the upside, at least I wasn't left in a fog like "Indo". In addition it wasn't as pain relieving as I had hoped with all that sedation. Strange how that those characteristics can be differentiated,just like foggy and unable to think clearly, which are two very distinct experiences. Yet, I like "Indo" for pain and calm, even though I'm fogged out--flighty but able to think clearly. The fogginess keeps me from being able to use this while working. It's just not practical. Now, Green Maeng Da is not calming or soothing but does help the pain and with energy infusion; however, 2 grams made me have physical anxiety (nothing that I feared in my psyche--just a mere physical reaction of the body). anyway, I am using this herb for pain relief and would like to find the balance between pain relief with calm/soothing effects along with some motivation, without fogginess or anxiety or inability to think clearly or heavy sedation. The red vein has lots of promise for pain and calm, but lack on the energy (or perhaps my flu like cold is interfering with that). I will try red vein thai again. I read that the claim that all reds are more for calm and sleep is fallible. Red Vein was to have promise of subtle energy. I will try it again when I'm not sick. OK. Hoped that helps someone and feel free to comment on your reactions to similar or advice on what you think may work for me. Thanks. Jesus is King :) Kim