1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Extraction - Guide to making crystal black tar opium

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by four20honey, Jul 25, 2012.

1. four20honey

four20honey Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Some guy was telling me,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. Aminatrix

Aminatrix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Great work, thanks for the tek.

Do you know if that ball came from 20g of dried plant?

AFOAF is Interested in the yield, was actually just describing this process to my GF except with a few more steps added :p

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  3. four20honey

Reputation Points:
    four20honey added 13 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

20 grams of wet/frozen product ground up goes in 36 ounces of water...end product 4-5 grams very smokable crystal black tar.

Do your extra steps include ice-o-lation or paraffin wax? If so you don't need them if you use this exact methods. By filtering the liquid through a fine metal strainer a total of 5 times before it goes in the oven for its first cook down you eliminate the need for the other steps which are much more time consuming. Honest truth!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  4. Aminatrix

Aminatrix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    My cat was theorizing to me an extra step involving acetylation. Whatever that is ;P

Would this work with dried plant material? Obviously it would require more without the latex, but would it be worth doing? I would roughly estimate that my cat is hoarding plant material containing approx 5g - 7g of alkaloids. (much more than 20g of starting material... try 400g? ) She could tell you but I'm having enough trouble understanding her and she's my kitty.

5. four20honey

Reputation Points:
    Its easy to do 20g batches but I'm sure your kitty could try a bigger one. My electric eel opted to freeze the fresh material instead of dry it. however fresh, frozen, or dried material would work.

6. Routemaster Flash

Routemaster Flash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 ounces...that's nearly two pints...OK, a litre of water. For 20g dried pod material? Well I guess it's good to be thorough but that's waaaay more water than you need. It takes a living age to evaporate a litre of water without heating it above a temperature that will destroy the morphine.

Also, I'm extremely skeptical about getting "4-5g" of smokeable product from 20g dried pods. Are you using pharma grade P. somniferum, or something? It seems hard to believe that a product strong enough to be worth smoking can be made with an alkaloid concentration only 4-5 times as high as that found in the dried pods.

7. four20honey

Reputation Points:
    Its a guess on 20g dry but 20g wet or frozen wet yes 36 ounces of water with 20...takes 12 hours start to finish never going above 165°F

The poppies are all fresh grown...the whole plant is used pods, leaves, & stems....not sure what grade they are but yes 4-5f of Crysta black treat opium from 20g wet plant material.....with that much plant material there is barely any water left in the pan if less water was used the plant material wouldn't be completely covered....never tried it with dried material. Check out my pics on here you'll see

8. Routemaster Flash

Routemaster Flash Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    I guess maybe it's different if you're using fresh poppy material, my friend has always used dried pods bought online (or occasionally filched from gardens, heh). Sounds like you've just got really lucky with the strength of your plants!

BTW, I'm sure I've read somewhere that the leaves and stems contain only trace amounts of opiates, and that almost all the goodies are concentrated in the pods.

9. four20honey

Reputation Points:
    The strongest part of the plant is the pod followed by the leaves then the stem. Even if it isn't as a condensed amount as in the pods its still morphine :) don't waste anything! I read a report on lab results from a scientist that fed different parts of the plant to different mice & each one tested positive for opiates...don't have the URL right now but I can find it if you would like to read it. Hence the whole plant method.

It has been modified & updated many times due to trial & error along with current research being done on the plants.

I read too much BS on here like boiling the opium & using crazy chemicals. Just couldn't take the misinformation anymore. Its so simple! I feel it is a lost art. It takes lots of time, practice, & messed up batches to get it just right...but once you do :D

10. PitBullDan

PitBullDan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So has dried pods been used with this method to obtain good smokable opi? Just wondering because newbie may have very high tolerance...but needs a good method and/or advice on how to make this perfect! :)

11. titsandclits

titsandclits Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I dont understand why you need to filter it through a metal filter more then once. If its like a coffee filter whats the point? does it really trap unwanted fats or something?

12. robshaka

robshaka

Reputation Points:
    Every time swim tried with dried pods it didn't work. A lot of people seem to have a problem obtaining smokable opium with dried pods..

13. four20honey

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has used fresh & fresh frozen whole plants but not dried...so many people grow them around here there is no need to buy dried ones. But if you can't get it to smokeable them drink/eat what you do get it still has all the goodies in it.

four20honey added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

By straining it multiple times all of the plant material and a lot of the plant fats are removed with out having to do the wax & ice which takes way longer for the same results

four20honey added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Make it in small batches so you have better control over it

four20honey added 5 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

There are other chemicals in the opium besides morphine and codeine so you aren't left with just the 2 and even with all the filtering there's sill going to be some plant fat...but yes 20g wet or frozen material yields 4-5 grand...my dog has done this thousands of times now...she's quit busy lol

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  14. ethylnaut

ethylnaut Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    If bubble bags isolate essential oils, like olive oil, orange oil, THC, someone in theory could use them for containing O? We all know for making hash we stack the bags in a bucket and fill with ice and MJ and blend, drain and repeat. The real question is: adding double boiled plant matter in to the bags and blending, will the alkaloids be caught in any of the micron layers, like MJ keef is? 25µ being the tightest bag and decreasing in a series of eight bags up to 220µ. Could someone proceed with this and dry the drained water?

15. four20honey

Reputation Points:
    Give it a try and let me know how it works out

16. Sakazaki

Sakazaki Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Theoretically, no, bubblebags used to produce hash would not trap any opium alkaloids. In another TEK here for making cooked flake opium, the OP states using a 10-micron bio-diesel bag to filter out plant fats from the solution, and then drying the remaining water into opium. Since bubblebags are in the 25-220 micron range, they should only be useful for trapping unwanted plant fats, if useful at all.

17. Nastynathaniel

Nastynathaniel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Could I do this process with latex? Jellybean my pony recently bought some flowers for his mother's garden. She is unaware of exactly what they are. She would notice pods being gone and it would bring a lot of suspicion on him. He's a good pony he just has an opioid dependency and want to make things more efficient. He was wondering if it would be possible to use said process with latex. Due to the fact that he needs to be discreet about his harvest.

18. candm420

candm420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My rottweiller bowser just brought some flowers home and wants to utilize them....unfortunately he brought home 2 different kinds and was wondering if he could use both kinds of plants??? Can anyone help??

19. MadOne

MadOne Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Wow my evil twin needs to find some poppys to experiment with now. I want to make clean strong smokable opium. Can opium be chased on the foil ? Just wondering because im still not sure what i had back in west mids uk 2001 was mexican tar heroin or a dam good quality opium cus it ran on the foil like powder H. no.3. on the first line the stuff was bubbling up little bit but then what impurities it had must of burnt off or melted into the blob.
    I Have made some opium scince posting this so i now the difference between black tar heroin and opium. Opium WILL NOT smoke on the foil at all !

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  20. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Proper CFO as per SamuraiGecko's improved guide should theoretically "run" on foil much the same as I'm told Heroin does.