1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Hair follicle test. will i pass?

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by iamspartacus1702, Aug 25, 2017.

1. iamspartacus1702

iamspartacus1702 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Texas, United States
    Hi guys I'm new here.
    Anyways i went to Austin 2 in a half weeks ago,on aug 7 I took 2 hits (maybe 3) of weak bud from my friends pipe. Wasn't high at all, He actually forgot he had it,had to clean it to get the left over bud I guess,took a hair test aug 24. Will I pass. Last time I smoked was 3 years ago, I'm a very infrequent smoker. I play disc golf daily and been running the past week and drinking a lot of water. I'm just very nervous cause I wanna get this job and this test is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance!

2. Budgetadvisoryservice

Budgetadvisoryservice Blue Water Scum Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from On the bay
    Barring metabolic anomalies and testing errors, no you won't pass.

Google 'hair follicle test cannabis' and you'll find screeds of information about the nature of such tests, what they measure and what the common withholding periods are for various drugs including cannabis.

Good luck.

3. iamspartacus1702

iamspartacus1702 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the info. I've been reading a lot and most say it's hard to detect infrequent users that it will come out low or none at all...also the fact that it's been 3 years since I've smoked.

Hoping for the best. Thanks

4. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Apprentice Sorcerer Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    infrequent use only plays a role when it comes to urine testing.
    Hair are used of an age between Zero days and three months - so your sample will come out positive most probably.

I do not think you will pass.

BBW

5. iamspartacus1702

iamspartacus1702 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Seriously? Even though i didn't get high and weed was old? It shouldn't be enough To detect at all.

6. Kimber81

Kimber81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Las Vegas, NV, United States
    It more than likely will show up. Given, the THC levels may not be high enough to trigger a "positive" result if you only had one or two small hits.

7. iamspartacus1702

iamspartacus1702 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea the weed was inside a pipe in a disc golf bag for close to 3 months in a garage, plus it was basically left overs (had to clean the pipe to get the last of it)

Thanks for your input.

8. TheBigBadWolf

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Sadly the hair that grew when you smoked are now right in the middle of the sample - with a bit of luck it stays under the threshold. With a bit of bad luck it's a clear positive, though.

9. iamspartacus1702

iamspartacus1702 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've read that I will be nearly undetectable for light smokers that's with a hair follicle test. Urine 7 days for light smokers.

90 days is for occasionally and heavy smokers.

I should def be under the positive limit.

10. TheBigBadWolf

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    In any case please inform us on the outcome.

11. Red head

Red head Newbie

Reputation Points:
    60 y/o from Florida, United States
    I did a hair test & those feckers cut a strip of hairs from the base of my scalp all the way across the back of my head. They said they needed st least 400 hairs. Fuckers. Fooled them tho. Kratom did not come up & that was all I've been using for 4 years :) unfortunately they did a blood test for booze that showed I'd drank 3 weeks previously. Your pot thing will probly come up, sorry to say. You should post what happens, I'd really like to know. Good luck!

12. iamspartacus1702

iamspartacus1702 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I get that but it shouldn't be enough for a positive result for 1 hit or 2 off old pot. Ive read a post where this dude smoked 4 bowls (split),he had a hair follicle test 15 days later and he passed

13. iamspartacus1702

iamspartacus1702 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just wanted to follow up with you guys on my urine and hair follicle test.

I PASSED.

14. TheBigBadWolf

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Thank you
    @iamspartacus1702
    for going out of your way to tell us. :D

Good for you you passed!
    BBW

15. iamspartacus1702

iamspartacus1702 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Of course! Someone might be in the same situation I was and this can give them a idea of their chances...

Btw I didn't take ANYTHING at all just jogged 3x a week sometimes 4,eat some what healthy and drink lots of water...no special shampoos,no detox drinks etc just WATER... I just used my regular dove for men shampoo I always buy

I had a 18 day window although I did get a hair cut 1 day before the test just a 1 inch trim. It was just enough for them to get a sample which was 100 hairs.

16. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am really confused why you posted this thread? You clearly did your research and had an answer, why did you need to ask people a question you already had an answer to?

17. iamspartacus1702

iamspartacus1702 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had a answer and they basically all said I would FAIL...that's when I did my research and wanted to follow up with everybody and let them know I passed.

What's your deal? did you fail a damn follicle test in the past and now you're hating on my thread cause I passed and did research? Why even post brah?

18. TheBigBadWolf

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    Sheesh.

No reason for getting emotionally involved.
    Save that we have a thread where all DF members were not right with their prognosis - because the OP was lucky enough to have really only taken some minuscule puffs and so stayed below the threshold.

What we can say as conclusion is that it is possible (with quite some luck) to stay below the threshold with only a few puffs.

Which of course does NOT mean thats to be taken for granted. The GC/MS analysis done with hair is about the hardest test on drug use for long time.

Sad that the OP didnt post a picture of the test result. Would have been interesting how much if any THC was found.
    Is there any chance to get it?

BBW

19. Red head

Red head Newbie

Reputation Points:
    60 y/o from Florida, United States
    Jealous!! No, really good on you. Whenever we can slip one by the man I say, good the fuck on us! Happy for you man, you dodged a bullet.

20. Kimber81

Kimber81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Las Vegas, NV, United States
    Woohoo! Do I win a prize for saying the amount of THC more than likely wouldn't hit the positive threshold? ( Just kidding of course). I'm glad to see you follow up. Hopefully your question and the end experience you posted will help other users in your shoes feel less anxious after seeing your final outcome