Dose - Half a Blotter of LSD?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by pyschonaut, Aug 7, 2006.

1. pyschonaut

pyschonaut Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have just recieved a hit of acid. But hes not sure that even with a sitter he wants to be on it for 12 hours. If I takes has of what he is given, will he only trip for 6 hours, and even further if he took a quarter dose, would it last for 3? or not work at all? all insights greatly appreciated :)

2. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    The length of the trip will be shortened if the dose is lowered, but not in the increments you describe. If one hit lasts 12 hours, dont assume half a hit will only last 6 hours. It does not work like that. In that case, two hits would last 24 hours, three hits would last six hours, and four hits would last for two days.

Half a hit will be less intense and wont last as long, but there is no way to determine exactly how long each dose will last for. The answer to your question depends on how strong the blotter is. If they were 200ug blotters, 1/4 a hit would definitely be an active dose. Erowid puts the threshold at around 20ug. 1/4 of a 100ug hit would even be above this threshold. If the hit was ~70ug, 1/4 a dose would put you at 17.5ug per blotter, which might not produce any noticable effects, but I could be wrong about this.

LSD works differently for everyone and you have to take so many variables into account to answer questions like this. I would recommend you taking half a hit if you dont want to be tripping too hard and for too long. Consider finding a sitter who will be willing to stay with you for longer, or dont use a sitter at all. Having one is always nice, but definitely not necessary. Tripping alone can be awesome, but if it is your first time a sitter is recommended. Your sittier can probably leave after about 8 hours anyways. The lsd should be wearing off by that time, and you could just trip by yourself until you can go to sleep. Unless these hits are really strong, you will probably be back to reality in less than 12 hours.

good luck and come back with a trip report so us My can see what the hell happened with you!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
    1. 4/5,
      good advice on dose & sitter
      Aug 7, 2006
  3. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^whoops, missed ur post before i started typing...
    This is a very hard question to answer, for a few reasons. LSD's effects are unique from person to person, so what would be a 12 hour dose for one person, may only be an 8 hour trip for another. Also, no one here can vouch for your source or say for sure how much of what substance you have.

Has swim ever taken LSD before? Does swim know his source to be reliable? Is he sure he has LSD? If I can say yes to these then it isnt as difficult to figure out. My friend's lab monkey finds that when taking 1/2 a dose, it doesnt neccesarily mean 1/2 the effects n all. As far as duration goes, the chimp reported about a 20% decrease in length (not half). The intensity, however, were said to be about 50-60% as noticable than a full dose.

So, as for your question, no, there isnt a constant ration between dose and duration. If I am 100% sure he wants to trip, then Im sure he will enjoy the trip regardless. Noone here is gonna advise against taking 1/2 a dose, as its the safer route for sure. Also, when someone says that LSD lasts for 12 hours, that doesnt mean 12 straight hours of tripping out, it has its subtleties. Again, it is very hard to say how a certain dose will effect swim, but hopefully the monkey's notes will be of some help, peace...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
    1. 4/5,
      well spoken
      Aug 10, 2006
    2. 5/5,
      Right on the money. That is a good way of explaining. great post.
      Aug 7, 2006
  4. m_tristan17

m_tristan17 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have taken 1/4 of a normal blotter hit for a VERY fun time working as a bus-boy in TGi Fridays. I was the best bus-boy EVER that night. Completly on top of the game. No empty dish sat for more than a few seconds. This greatly pleased the waiters I was bussing for that night. Helped them make alot of money by turning over the tables at a very fast pace. So, to answer your question about the 1/2 hit. I think that it might last a shorter amount of time, but not by half. But, I would like to point out that some of the most fun ever had was on small amounts.

5. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    As people have said above, there is no way to tell how long you will feel the effect of acid until you try it. Bear in mind however, that as the effect begin to diminish, You will feel much more comfortable and the comedown will generally be very manageable. If the effects are felt for a total of 12 hours, You should be able to survive easily without a sitter after the 8 hour mark. Don't try to guess how long the trip will last though. A single blotter can last anything from 10 hours to 24 hours and taking fractional doses is unlikely to reduce this to below 6-8 hours if You feels any effects at all.

6. bloodred1889

bloodred1889 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    half a blotter each or one each? how much is best.

hay all
    swim recently got 3 blotter hits of acid, but they are from diffrent sheets, so the guy I got it off said
    id take half of the blotter each, I am sharing with her boyfriend.

I have taken shrooms twice but never acid and boyfriend has had shrooms once but they didnt effect him atall.

so do you reckon half a blotter each would be ok or shall we take one each?

also I am worried if the acid is any good, the guy said he kept it in an air tight container in a draw for months and he states that each blotter is a strong dose, but I am wary of this.
    I got the acid about a week ago and has kept it wrapped up in foil in a dark draw.
    is there anyway to tell if there is any on each blotter?

so any thoughts?

thanks all.

7. bloodred1889

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: half a blotter each or one each? how much is best.

anyone?
    because I want to take it tonight.

8. yaba

yaba Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

I would take 1 each and then a half each later. The acid I has had in his life all have been weak but beter be safe then sorry..People say now that they need to take 4-5 blotters to get the same efect as the used to many years ago from just 1 blotter.

Just make sure its in a safe enviroment and with people You feels comfortable.

Swim dont think its posible to tell how strong a blotter is unless its send to a lab.

9. aerozeppelin123

aerozeppelin123 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

Apparently LSD glows under UV light: http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3013
    Although other things do as well, so it's not a 100% accurate test.

I have only taken LSD once, and that time he was, like you, deliberating over whether to take a half or just go for the whole thing. He ended up taking the whole thing, then taking another later in the night, and he was glad he didn't fiddle around with halves as he was still very much in touch with reality even after those 2 had kicked in.

LSD blotters today are a lot weaker than they were in acid's glory days (the 1960s), I would just say take a whole one and see how that goes, chances are You will be just fine. Bear in mind though that there's no way of telling how much LSD is on a blotter, so if You does really want to play it safe, maybe they should take a half in case it's a particularly strong one.

Hope You has a fun time :thumbsup:

10. bloodred1889

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

thanks guys
    I amnt worried about the experience I am worried about the fact nothing might happen and I have been looking for acid for a LONG time so I want it to be a good hit and not a fake or worse just nothing.
    but now I feel better and will just take half and see.

thanks guys

11. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france

That sounds like dangerous advice. While I agree that on the most part, the blotter he runs into 'on the street' is of relatively low quality, that is not to say that he has not had his ass kicked by a single blotter experience on a number of occasions. For a first time LSD experience, especially for someone who has not had a psychedelic venture (i.e. boyfriend), it is in fact better to be safe than sorry by taking a half-hit. Dont be reckless or haphazardly dive in face first. Jatelka had it right,
    It sounds like there will still be a full hit for each of the swimmers afterwards if they enjoy their experience.

Do you have any evidence for this phenomenon or is it based one hearsay?

12. Cakes

Cakes Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

The last time SWAN went buying acid (she was born in 1965 so it ain't way back then), she found blotter for sale that had 90 mics. some that had 125 mikes. some that had 250 mikes. and some that had 500 mikes. she has heard of 1000 mike hits.

further note>>some dealers will take the time to tell SWIM that a hit is different from the regular>>and if the dealer said the hit was "strong" then yes he could be BShitting/making conversation but on the other hand, he may not have been actually kidding/lying<some of us are pretty casual about things.

when SWAN doses she likes to take half and wait for the come on and then take the rest<<this is tricky because if the dose is decent then the come-on will make SWAN forget to take the rest. by come-on, i mean that the full high is just happened or is about to happen and the preliminary part/come-on has passed. but if the full high is allowed to progress any at all, then it is not worth taking more.

if SWIM ever gets dope that comes on hard, makes him not fun when it starts to work, then do not panic. it will pass. and soon I will feel good. I should sit still and wait.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  13. Cakes

Cakes Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

:eek:

i had to edit my above post because i misread how many blotters I have.

final advice> each I should take 1/4 of each blotter. if the come-on can be detected and I want to go for it then the other half can be taken as soon as full come-on happens; about an hour and a half after taking it; 45 minutes for it to start to work and 45 to come-on. i think it is unlikely I will do this right since if it is real I will be too happy and will only think of it once the first edge(s) start to wear off. this is okay because it means that another full trip like the one SWIM just had is still waiting for another day. he must wait 3 days to take it actually.

14. Metomni

Metomni Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

SWIM and his girlfriend are doing 2 hits each in the upcoming weeks. I am pretty experienced with psychedelics and will be fine with the 2 hits, but his girlfriend has only had half a hit before (with SWIM), has had mushrooms once (an eighth), and smoked salvia, all of which resulted in good experiences for her.

I am slightly worried about her being over-confident with her previous experiences thinking she won't ever have a bad one, but insists she wants to do 2 instead of 1 this time.

I think he's going to try and get her to do the dose, then re-dose ingestion. Thanks for that advice, I have never really done that, so it may be fun to dose a little different from normal anyways.:D:thumbsup:

15. bloodred1889

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

didnt someone in another thread say there is no point in taking one hit then another has lsd cause tollarence as soon as you take it?
    so if you take another hit nothing will happen?

16. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
  17. yaba

yaba Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

I didn't mean to give bad advice but thinks 1 each isn't excisseve, Even for first time use. But its better to be save then sorry. Swim thinks the mind set is importand like being with people someone likes and in a place where there are no unwanted visits and most of all being happy with someone selfs. He is sorry if he went over the top.

How did swi bloodred get on?

1. 5/5,
      one each wasn't bad advice Friend. and the rest was good too.
      Feb 5, 2008
  18. Petethemeat

Petethemeat Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Provided you are in a not too overwhelming place, one tab should be fine for your first experience. I took two at a psy trance night, and I am strongly affected by psychedelics and while was perhaps a bit more than he should have done, wasn't freaking out or anything.

Happy tripping

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  19. Cakes

Cakes Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

Right you are I think, even if the hit was one of the bigger ones. but maybe that is just because SWAN likes it and does not see her chances of a bad day related to the amount of dope she does.

we agree with you that with a standard 125 mic hit, one hit would be better initially than 1 1/2 for a n00b. but then we lowered that to 3/4 because it still would give a trip but also would leave a whole trip for another day were he to forget to redose.

20. bruinbabe

bruinbabe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    half a blotter of LSD

would taking half a blotter reduce the number of hours tripping? than, say, taking 1 whole blotter?

And how r light shows on lsd? are they as good as on ecstasy?

thank you :vibes: