Half a Ecstasy pill?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by dwtk, Dec 18, 2006.

1. dwtk

dwtk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have never done E before. If he cuts 1 pill in half to share with a friend, will it really be that weak? A lot of people on these forums have said you won't feel its "epic" effects that way.

SWIM only plans on doing this for his first time. Mostly so he gets to know it better, and also to reduce risks.

Thanks.

2. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Re: Half a pill?

Good that you're playing it safe(r) although you can never really tell what a pill is.

Don't try to repeat the experience in the first weeks. That's a beginner's mistake.

Read up on our after-E advice. antioxidants, 5-htp or l-tryptamine, the lot.

Enjoy.

3. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

I feel that half a pill is like taking half a high. The few times she ever did this she got just that, either half a high or a buzz that lasted only an hour. Of course it is always better to be safe than sorry but ya first E is something you will remember forever. Testing the pill for purity then taking the whole thing would be the best answer I think.

4. IdiotBox

IdiotBox Newbie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o

SWIM's first experience was with a 1/4 pill and it did nothing. However, this could be for a host of reasons, bad or weak pill, whatever. But I have had at lease a threshold experience with a half that was enough to give you SWIM a feeling for the substance without beating SWIM over the head with it.

As a rule, whenever SWIM tries something new, SWIM always ramps up to the recommended amount (in you's case, one pill). SWIM never knows when he will be hypersensitive to a new substance.

5. dwtk

dwtk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well the whole thing is I do not have a pill-testing kit nor will he be able to get one. I will try looking up his pill (once he gets it) online.

I am worried his first impression of E will not be so great if it doesn't effect him that much. But like you said, better safe than sorry. If anything is wrong with it, at least it won't be too dangerous. If all goes well then I will just ask for the same kind, next time around.

Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot by the way.

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Half a strong pill could be the same as two weak pills. Without testing, it's impossible to know what the MDMA/MDA/MDEA content is. Depending on the person, they could have a grand time on half a pill. Good to see that You is treading as carefully as possible under the circumstances.

7. dwtk

dwtk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Good suggestion. And yes, I am always careful with whatever he does. He'll research his brains out if there's something he wants to try.

Thanks guys.

8. Allez

Allez Newbie

Reputation Points:

Yeah, half a pill is a good place to start. Although (and this may be bad advice from a health point of view) you might want to have one or two more handy. SWIM's first time, he was pretty cautious too, he only bought one pill. When he was up though he really regretted not being able to prolong the experience. Thankfully his friends bailed him out.

9. X3R0

X3R0 Newbie

Reputation Points:

I agree with many of those before me, half a pill is good for safe first time, different people have different sensitivities to MDMA, at first I will need to experiment untill he finds his comfort does. Some people have a very high sensitivity to MDMA, I could be one, so a half a pill would be perfect to show SWIM it's he does or not. Happy Rolling XD!!!!!

Sincerly
    XERO

10. No_Hope

No_Hope Newbie

Reputation Points:

swims first pill was about a week ago on new years eve. swim only took half a pill to start not knowing what swims reaction would be to it having it been swims first time.

after about 30 minutes it hit swim nicely and slowly came up if I had taken a full pill he would have come up a lot harder with having more of the drug half in swims opinion for You is perfect but if You comes up nicely You will definely want another pill or pill and a half for the rest of the night as half alone i cant see lasting long swim ended up having 3 on his first time

11. MadShroomer

MadShroomer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

half a pill should be enough, if their supposedly "good e" then I wouldneed 1 or 2 but for starters sWIMwould recommend 1/2 and go from their, rememberto wait 1.5 hours before thinking "nothing is happening" and dose the 2nd. good luck and stay safe.
    :cool:(<

12. SubSonic7

SubSonic7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o

I would say without doubt, if even slightly unsure, only do half a pill. See how it went and take it from there, topping up if required. I would also say that by only dropping half a pill you're more able to 'deal' with the effects and should the user disike it, it's not the end of the world. To coin a phrase... 'suck it and see'

13. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

I recommend to have it tested, to be sure it's doesn't contain any harmful substances, and than pop a normal dose for first time. The first time one does XTC, is a unique one, which never returns to it's original glory, because one is experiencing something for the first time.
    I was unlucky to have taken a small dose the first time he tried it, and he didn't have a excellent experience, but just a minor one, so he recommends to do it good the first time, and not spoil something which can be so beautiful.

14. SubSonic7

SubSonic7 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o

You have a valid point that the ONLY safe way to take any form of drug is to have it tested. However, as mentioned before, it doesn't mean the user will even like the effects, and if they don't like them, they have to endure up to 8 hours of it. I would still reccommend seeing how you come up on half a pill first, if its smooth and feels good, pop the other if required. With all these matters, I would reccommend buying from some one you know, or at least a friend of a friend. Never strangers if you can avoid it.

15. PSPete

PSPete Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

my first attemp was a whole one(sunflower) and swim nearly died(I felt like that).

I think quarter at a time is best

16. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Excellent way of putting it which rings very true in swim's ears. The first experience can never be repeated, and I am ever grateful he had such an amazing experience (a '++++' actually, trip report in the MDMA forum).

Ecstasydata.org still offers testing by proxy, though its expensive to have the lab tests done. If you want to know for sure what exactly you are taking it is the best way though, unless you happen to be lucky enough to live in the Netherlands.

17. nonee_desul

nonee_desul Newbie

Reputation Points:

The second time SWIM ever did E, it was half a pill at her homecoming dance. Although it didn't have all the amazing effects a whole pill would have, it was the high she desired. She didn't go too crazy or get crack-out, but felt less socially self-conscious and danced like a whore.

Half a pill will give You half a high. All swiy's senses will be heigtened and You will, but only half as much as you would with a whole pill. The high of half a pill doesn't seem to last as long either. It won't be a worthless experience, and could be really great.

18. Vincent12

Vincent12 Newbie

Reputation Points:

SWIM first experience with E was on half a pill and it was great because it was good quality. When I tried it again with another pill, no effects were felt because it was very low quality. I would recomend this for you's first time. Hopefully the pill You takes will be of high quality.

19. GreatWonder

GreatWonder Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from U.K.

SWIG started at the deep end when it comes to pills and suffered many bad times, so SWIG swam to the shallow end and enjoys no more than half a pill per popping session. SWIG has never experienced any bad comedown from these amounts and often enjoys the day after.