hallucinations from Adderall

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by drugsrbad, Dec 22, 2006.

1. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    I have been taking Adderall to stay up to study for finals. He started on monday with a full script of 30 20mg's adderalls from a friend who doesn't take them. He stayed up till around 4 am wednesday after taking about half the bottle inffulated. The come down wasn't bad becasue he drank some beer. He woke up around 4 pm wednesday. He did some tasks he had to do that day then started back on the adderall. He took the rest of the bottle between 10 pm that night and is still up as he is writing this. I started seeing things in the corner of his eye and hearing random blips and shit. About 30 minutes ago he wennt to pick up some beer and while driving he started to things like the speedometer melt and weird lights. His friend called him and when he picked it up he noticed trails following the light on the phone and it was kinda of cool/slash scary cause he was driving. Now AS i write this I am getting paranoid and things are getting creepy. His head is getting numb and i think he is about to become dlerious. He ate some food and drank some water to try to help him from going nuts. He was going to drink but i think that would be a bad idea. He has some concerta that he got the other night from some girl that tried taking advantage of him while he was delerious the other night(good thing he wasn't that delerious he might of thought the girl was attractive, the girl was gross.) Even if he takes the concerta 2X 27mg's he will probally just fall asleep because he was taking about 80mg's up the nose before and that probably wouldn't even help now. Concerta is pathetic in comparision to adderall. Well i am done with my rant about swim i will post back tommorow and let you know how the rest of swims night goes. peace.

2. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    well its a little more than an 2 hours since i first about swim. He drank a 24 ounce budlight(only 99 cents what a deal swim loves newyork beer prices.) swim go progressively worse before the beer, he heard people talking even though no one was up at my house except me and him. His tracers or trails got worse too. Since he drank the beer though everything has disappeared. I guess swim just used up his glycogen stores and was running on nothing. I did drink about 10 protein shakes and 10 huge cups of water mixed with metamucil fiber today. I didnt eat much between his last rail of 80 mg's of adderall before his genetics test. I guess this is when he used up all the food energry he ate earlier. The beer was a life saver for him. I was reading up on delerium caused by lack of food and sleep mixed with adderal while he was bugging out. I am glad that I am alright now because some of those stories are frightening. I didnt wnat swim to go nuts when my uncle that i see once a year at best from san fransisco is hear, that would have been bad. Well me and swim are going to drink a shit load more beer than pass out. peace

3. hiccup

hiccup Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    I has had this happen to him multilpe times but never has figured out exactly what it is n what not. for example. I am a semi regular user of adderall and he is perscribed 30mg IR twice a day. this week ive had in school suspension so ive taken prolly five a day, spaced out about every three hours w/a dose of two followed by two more doses of one every threeish hours, now I hasnt ever dosed like this, usually just popping 90-120 straight off then maybe another to ease comedown but swim stayed up tuesday night and took two more about an hour apart then,on wednesday I took another at eight, about six hours after swims last dose, 100mg dipenhydramine at about two am knocked me out at about three but only got abuot two or three hours sleep on account of school the next day, today I have taken 150mg total with one at about seven one at about 12 and two more at 7 with another an hour later, I has gotten a lessend comedown by spreading out some, but he has visual effects and he was wondering what exactly it was, he figures the sleep, but is pretty much talking out of his ass, and now he is watching the greatful dead until he can take 50mg dipenhydramine agian to sleep tongiht , and if that is a bad combo it would be good information to know hahah swim appreciates but uncle jerry calls

4. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Could be amphetamine psychosis. Not necessarily full-blown, but definitely the fringes of it. I have been up for 85 hours on Adderall before and he was hallucinating people and watching them vanish, as well as hearing music that wasn't there. Going to sleep fixed everything, but it definitely was not healthy.

5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Clear signs of impending amphetamine psychosis, and the voices basically prove it. You should lay off the uppers immediately if this happens again... it can get much worse, and it's possible to become paranoid and lose touch with reality (in extreme cases, it could be long-lasting). One's sanity is nothing to f*ck around with ISO.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  6. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I dunno much about this, but these symptoms sound like sleep deprivation almost. I know I start feeling that way when I don't sleep for a while.

7. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's a lot of amphetamine in a short period of time. Amphetamine psychosis is well documented and could certainly occur under you's dosing regimine. You probably shouldn't be using as much amphetamine as s/he is, and You should be thankful that their supply should be running out shortly. I recommend a good diet, plenty of water, and sleep. These three should help stabilize you's delirium a bit. You should stop using amphetamines once his finals are over, at least for some time.

8. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    "I'm Sarah Goldfarb! I'm gonna be on television!"
    'nuff said...

9. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah I has seen waxy shadow figures out of the corner of his eye.and it almost always people you owe money to or the cops.you know its not real but when its happening its scary.I had a panic attack on addie while up for 4 nights,he felt that feeling you get when your walking and a spider web is streched across your path and you go face first into it.he was sitting down and when he stood up his headphone cord brushed his neck and he freaked.all he could think was SPIDER!!

10. ganja dude

ganja dude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM told me to tell You not to worry and that he is currently watching all the buttons wiggle around and what not. I have been getting hardcore hallucinations all night :crazy

1. 3/5,
      Nice bump
      Apr 6, 2009
  11. Omalley

Omalley Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM once stayed up for 3 days at 140mg a day and looked down the street and saw a giant white lion standing up on its hind legs and disappear, followed by what he called "the fastest man alive"(because he would do that DBZ move where they would be in one place and then appear in another) trying to break into a house going from the second floor windows to the first floor windows, and then kick the door, and then jog in place and do stretches on the front lawn of this house.

Omalley added 3 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I say:"yea bad combo, been there done that, feels amazing, crazy hallucinations, zero paranoia, abnormal heart rate(danger)"

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  12. TruLadyRed

TruLadyRed Newbie

Reputation Points:
  13. HorseBucket

HorseBucket Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Yep many people say "has to be excessive dopamine" but thats complete bullshit in swims case because sometimes swims hallucinating then he takes some more meth and the hallucinations stop. Until the meth wears off that is then they come back with a vengence. Its a combination of sleep deprivation, dehydration and malnourishment that turns swim into a psychotic madman that probably should be put in a straight jacket sometimes. If I make sure I eats, drinks and doesn't stay up too late he doesn't get these hallucinations. Theres always an eery feeling to them because you naturally feel like crap when your malnourished like that and when you feel like crap everything appears negative.

EDIT: This threads 3 years old. I'd say the OP has other things on his mind by now haha.

14. *ChemBabe*

*ChemBabe* Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have a really bad habit of staying up for days before an exam in order to study for it :s. This is something SWIM hates! (Why can't she stop procrastinating?) Anyways, SWIM notices that while on her adderall during this time (20mg 3x/day), she starts seeing random things move quickly out of the corner of her eye. For example, while staring at her computer screen, something will move very fast like a corner of the bed sheet or just some random shit she sees in her peripheral vision. It can make SWIM kinda paranoid after awhile. From her previous experience of being awake that long without the adderall, similar things happen. Dopamine could possibly play a part, but her guess is that its just sleep deprivation. Once (before her adderall days), she was staring out her window late at night and saw some people leaning against her car. SWIM hates that and was like, wtf, how rude:mad: !? She got pissed and really scared cuz it seemed as though they were lingering in her driveway so she had the sherriff down the street come get these partiers off her car. When the sherriff drove by and shined his car light, SWIM realized that there were no people and the images were trees-lol. SWIM realized just how important sleep was after that and decided to take her pittiful ass to bed :applause:!

15. HorseBucket

HorseBucket Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    One day I was convinced someone broke into his house and was sneaking around the place hiding under beds and in cupboards so he prowled around the house with his machete for an hour trying to find this imaginary burglar then he looked out the window and saw someone sitting in a car outside his house and it was 3 in the morning so he thinks "thats the robbers getaway vehicle" so he goes outside and put his head up against the window to look in and it was an old granny waiting for a lift to the airport or something and she nearly got a heart attack when she saw swim standing there with a machete staring in the window haha. Swim just casually walked around the corner and snuck back into his house the back way haha.

Anyone else here ever hear all these sounds all over the house that shouldn't be there when they're sleep deprived? Swim hears pots banging and things banging from under the floorboards and all sorts of mad shit so he gets convinced theres people creeping around his house.

16. *ChemBabe*

*ChemBabe* Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    OMG horsebucket, thats hysterical :laugh:! Its so funny the things that you's mind will do to them when they are running on no sleep. I am really trying to break that habit because once test time comes, she can't remember things as well because her brain is just too tired :eek:. I don't really hear noises, she just sees things move quickly. Her body gets super worn down too. SWIM once read on DF that adderall is kind of hard on th muscles. Does You know any details regarding this?

17. Chrispy

Chrispy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It was probably mostly the lack of sleep. SWIM barely got any sleep for three days while taking a bunch of Adderall XR and started seeing colorful designs, shadows, and swirls on walls and the computer screen a few days ago. It happens. You just needed to sleep.

18. drippy

drippy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I couldn't do it, man. He used to be on Adderall xr as a prescription for ADHD. I had always taken it as prescribed, until yesterday. Between the time that I used Adderall xr as ADHD treatment and yesterday, I had been prescribed an SSRI anti-depressant, Celexa.

Whether it was the fact that these two little old 20mg caplets were long expired, or if it was the combination of Adderall xr and Celexa, I am not sure. But regardless of the reasons, 40 mg Adderall xr got him FRIED.

SWIM began his experience at about 10:30 am, on account of all the school work that had to be done. Effects were noticeable within thirty minutes, and I felt remarkably focused and productive, as expected. By 1:00 pm, SWIM began feeling restless, as well as very hot and sweaty, so he decided to step outside for a cigarette.

Sometime between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm, after smoking some cannabis, SWIM began to experience a numbness and tingling which began in the limbs which eventually spread throughout the whole body, inside and out. By this time he seemed to be feeling sudden and unexpected shifts between pleasant and unpleasant. Not quite jumping between euphoria and dysphoria, but at least between heightened excitement and strong anxiety.

By about 4:30 pm, I was feeling bad enough to want to head home. He actually had to pull over and vomit, and was sweating profusely, was completely numb, and had noticeable muscle trembling.

One of the scariest moments SWIM described during this experience was a blackout. He knelt down to untie his shoes and upon standing up, completely lost all visual and auditory senses, as well as balance and control of his legs. Naturally, he fell down. I did not injure himself but was very unprepared for it.

By about 6:00 pm, I was having flashes of rage, fear, extreme confusion, and began to notice that he was hallucinating. Nothing extreme for the most part. Just tracers and some auditory stuff. The negative mood swings and the hallucinations continued for the next several hours, and I felt like he was bordering on an emotional breakdown. Another very terrifying moment for I was an extremely vivid hallucination of a demon or shadow creature. He was laying completely still with his eyes closed and heard something whispering in his ear. He opened his eyes to see a floating blob of darkness hovering within a foot of his face. Instinctively he swatted at it, which caused it to disappear.

I am by no means an inexperienced drug user, and has tried psychedelics multiple times and always enjoyed them, but the experience that he had on Friday, February 5th was far more intense than anything he was expecting.

19. Dreamland

Dreamland Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    I feel that I have recently experienced a mild amphetamine psychosis. I have been binging a month straight with these 30mgs IR adderall tablets. the one weekend I took so much, the next day was experiencing auditory hallucinations while driving :mad: and it was scary. I was also on swim's prescribed dosage of 450mg wellbutrin, and the radio music sounded funky with extra, hearing imaginary sounds out of the radio, I got paranoid that I would get pulled over and thought every white car was a cop. (I am a spaz in the 1st place, which makes matters so much worse). driving is the LAST thing swim wanted to be doing while this was happening, so swim found a local forest perserve to just chill and still was paranoid that the guy in the car next to I was either a detective or some pervert that was gonna rape swim cuz the guy looked suspisous and seemed to be starring at swim. swim then had to pee, so ran in the forest and pissed. I finally got home at night and in the complex it appeared to swim that the trees were moving/swaying. I got inside the house, took some benzos, and passed the heck out!

swim tapered from this binge with the help of focalin for a week. today is swim's first day sober from addies or any stim (for the exception of caffeine). swim ins't really experiencing WDs, (thankfully).. cuz swim always expects the worse, but when swim kicks from the end of a binge(which is when swim's the most miserable/emotionless), sometimes feels better afterwards. :)

swim's suprised.. but swim knows it'll be a week or 2 til swim gets b*tchslapped with nightmares and suprising cravings... ack!

20. jackbenimble

jackbenimble Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Indiana, U.S.A.
    Wow, what a crazy old post.

I can say that drugsrbad, whoever they are, has almost certainly sustained brain damage by taking 300mg of Adderall in what he describes as the space of about 36 hours.

That level of amphetamine would cause micro-strokes in the brain and completely blow out the circulatory system. Taking more than 60mg of Adderall in a 24 hour period is about the maximum you can pull off without turning into a tweaker.